Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: No TP

No TP

I get a "NO TP" in the top of the media unit where all the icons are such as the BT, wireless strength etc. It goes away if the media source such as a USB stick is paused or stopped. Has anypne else noticed this or know what it means?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    I get a "NO TP" in the top of the media unit where all the icons are such as the BT, wireless strength etc. It goes away if the media source such as a USB stick is paused or stopped. Has anypne else noticed this or know what it means?
    Traffic program.
    Turn off traffic announcements or if it's possible with your discover unit you can enable it via adaptation with vcds or obd11.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

I have traffic information enabled and see messages on the screen.

Users Country Flag
    What is Traffic Program Please?

Users Country Flag
    I have traffic information enabled and see messages on the screen.
    Maybe it knows you're out of toilet paper?

Do you get the message all the time or only outside metro area?

2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

I haven't noticed TTTT, It happens at home which is only just outside the metro area. I am not really fussed about it, only curious about what it was.

Users Country Flag
    I haven't noticed TTTT, It happens at home which is only just outside the metro area. I am not really fussed about it, only curious about what it was.
    I wonder which station you have TMC set to...maybe try setting to another station that you get good reception at home

Users Country Flag
    TP (Traffic Program) is not used in Australia. In Germany radio stations are required by law to announce traffic conditions at regular intervals. If TP is switched on, the radio will switch to TP settings when the radio station sends out a signal indicating that a traffic announcement is about to come on. With this feature, you could have the radio set to MUTE or have the volume low but when the radio receives the traffic signal, the volume is raised to a preset level so you can listen to the announcement. Even if you’re listening to a cd or other media, once the radio receives the TP signal, it will switch to that station and set the pre-programmed volume. Once the announcement is over, the radio will switch back to your previous station or music source. Like I said, not used in OZ so you can switch it off in settings. It has nothing to do with TMC either, it’s a completely different system.

OK, confusion clears and I have TMC activated, TP I know nothing about or didn't until now. I just went out to the car and yes it had been activated sometime in the past. Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Users Country Flag

I think I know how it happened. This is from the AutoInstruct page for enabling TMC

Select Control Unit 5F (Information Electrical)
    Adaptations
    Change Fee Based Traffic Information (TMC) value to ‘1024’
    Next, in the normal radio settings, enable ‘Traffic Programme (TP)’ and RDS
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast