Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Reverse Camera or Area View - "stuck" in Park Pilot only

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Anyone had their reverse camera fixed? VW are telling me they have to take the tailgate of to check the wiring!!!

sounds like a crap design
    MY17 Volkswagen Tiguan 162TSI Highline, DAP, Sunroof, Caribbean Blue
    MY13 Volkswagen Golf 103TSI Highline, Night Blue

Quote Originally Posted by The J Man View Post
    Anyone had their reverse camera fixed? VW are telling me they have to take the tailgate of to check the wiring!!!

sounds like a crap design
    I don't see where else they could run all the wiring, what would be your suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    I don't see where else they could run all the wiring, what would be your suggestion?
    You shouldn't have to take the tailgate off to look at the wiring in the tailgate ... nor to look at the wiring in the roof

anyway

turns out a "MASTER RESET" of the ECU fixed the camera (thought the receipt for the work suggested all they did was UNPLUG it, 'drag test' the pins and plug it back in)

It only took THREE visits, WEEKS apart as I kept being thrown to the back of the service queue

Makes me cranky that 2 software updates were performed but the 'master reset' was only attempted at the end of the 3rd day (A MONTH after the initial service)
    Last edited by The J Man; 16-12-2018 at 12:05 PM.

Unplug it and plug it back in

One of THE FIRST things you do when something compuetry doesn't work

So this happened to my MY18 TDI 140 Highline. Any idea how to do the reset without the pain of the dealership visit?

Thanks
    Matt

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachild View Post
    So this happened to my MY18 TDI 140 Highline. Any idea how to do the reset without the pain of the dealership visit?

Thanks
    Matt
    I would also like to know as mine has just done the same!!!!

Users Country Flag
    Same please.
    2009 CC 3.6

Users Country Flag
    If problem is not displaying only rear camera but rest 3x camera working fine than problem is rear camera or cable ,connectors. But if not any camera is working than all smell on faulty AW2 module which has felling BGA chips by vibration ,heat etc.. . Take the terminal Plus from Battery wait for 10 min put it back , check it out if is working now fine .If after this happen randomly again this could be AW2 module need replacement .Before any replacement I would always check all cables and connectors are inserted properly on each side of problem affected hardware in chain and make sure there is no bent or damaged cables or pins.
    Is always best if you can fix yourself problem ,as going to dealers in many case they even make more issues by digging.
    VW Dealers electrician are 90% butchers with basic knowladge '' take and replace what ever cost '' .
    They usually follow Elsawin and technical manual instructions . Skilled stuff with ability self problem slowing and diagnosing using brain and logic is unknown territory .. As result high cost to Dealer which are passed in most case to Owners and in most cases broken other things and lots of time waisted.
    Last edited by cameleon72; 14-06-2019 at 12:18 PM.

Bang on!

Users Country Flag

I fixed my reverse camera by replacing the following harness -

Harness 3C8-971-192-C | VW Parts Vortex

I did it myself so it's not that hard. Been about a year now and no recurrence of the issue.
    It worked immediately afterwards. The old cabling had wires cut from rubbing.
    2009 CC 3.6

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12