Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: No going to the snow in a 162TSI :(

Quote Originally Posted by Aym View Post
    Been monitoring this thread since coming down falls in 2019 in my Tiguan allspace and leaving a light scratch mark on the suspension cap….

Does anyone know the actual clearance requirement for the Tiguan allspace on 235/55 18 (or was it 235/50 1? I found the below on Amazon, whilst there are some reviews having concerns with quality I figured for the 2-3 trips a year up fallscreek should be fine? Goodyear 77958: 7 mm Car Passenger Snow Chains, TUV and ONORM Approved, Size 130 Goodyear 77958: 7 mm Car Passenger Snow Chains, TUV and ONORM Approved, Size 130 : Amazon.com.au: Automotive

I’m going to pull the trigger if someone can give me some accurate measurements, and happy to rent the chain out for fellow melbournians, I figured if the chain ends up breaking after 1 season, $50 bucks a trip is not bad, it’s costing our family a insane amount to go to the snow, $50 is literately pocket change….
    Why have you opted for these chains? They are going to cost you just under $200 bucks, aren't there local mobs that can provide you with similar chains with the added bonus of fitting them before hand on your car ?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thommo90210 View Post
    Why have you opted for these chains? They are going to cost you just under $200 bucks, aren't there local mobs that can provide you with similar chains with the added bonus of fitting them before hand on your car ?

You are exactly right, I ended up going to Thomas town, and a local supplier fitted me with 9mm chains, I got some precision clippers out to measure the clearance of my Tiguan, it’s 13.6mm the 12mm was touch and go, but the 9mm chain was perfect.

They said it’s rated the same weight tolerance as the 12mm

Quote Originally Posted by Aym View Post
    You are exactly right, I ended up going to Thomas town, and a local supplier fitted me with 9mm chains, I got some precision clippers out to measure the clearance of my Tiguan, it’s 13.6mm the 12mm was touch and go, but the 9mm chain was perfect.

They said it’s rated the same weight tolerance as the 12mm
    Where abouts in Thomastown?
    What wheels did you get the chains fitted to 18 inch or 20 inch and I'm assuming for the front wheels on the Tiguan?

Users Country Flag

If you're reading this thread and need a solution for your Rline. Take a look at my classified ad here: VIC Set of Snow Tyres on 17" wheels for VW Tiguan 2017+ including set of snow chains (vwwatercooled.com.au)

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516