Thread: New Tiguan owner questions

Users Country Flag

New Tiguan owner questions

Hey guys,

Have just picked up our first ever VW - 2022 Tiguan Allspace R-line (no option packages).
    Loving the car so far however I do have a couple of q’s if someone could please help me out.

1. Is there any possible way to use cruise control as per the conventional way? I’m not a massive fan of the ACC and would much prefer to be able to just turn it on and brake/reduce speed as needed rather then the vehicle taking that responsibility.

2. Is road sign recognition on the base R-line? Or is this only on the sound & vision package?

Cheers!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tig_22 View Post
    Hey guys,

Have just picked up our first ever VW - 2022 Tiguan Allspace R-line (no option packages).
    Loving the car so far however I do have a couple of q’s if someone could please help me out.

1. Is there any possible way to use cruise control as per the conventional way? I’m not a massive fan of the ACC and would much prefer to be able to just turn it on and brake/reduce speed as needed rather then the vehicle taking that responsibility.

2. Is road sign recognition on the base R-line? Or is this only on the sound & vision package?

Cheers!
    It seems you can now code ordinary CC in but why would you as ACC will brake and do everything for you Seems counterintuitive to me. If it sits a bit far back (which is alterable) you just give it a bit of go pedal and close up and it will go back to normal later.

Road sign recognition is only if you have the required camera etc and doesnt wor
    k as well as it could due to the limitations of the data in AUS maps. Rlines have sound anyway dont they now My 19 had it as an option but I thought it was included now.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    It seems you can now code ordinary CC in but why would you as ACC will brake and do everything for you Seems counterintuitive to me. If it sits a bit far back (which is alterable) you just give it a bit of go pedal and close up and it will go back to normal later.

Road sign recognition is only if you have the required camera etc and doesnt wor
    k as well as it could due to the limitations of the data in AUS maps. Rlines have sound anyway dont they now My 19 had it as an option but I thought it was included now.
    How do you code in ordinary cruise control? Is there a diy method or is it something that a dealer has to do?
    Ive played around with the unit but cannot find anything on the road sign recognition.

Users Country Flag
    How do you code in ordinary cruise control? Is there a diy method or is it something that a dealer has to do?
    Ive played around with the unit but cannot find anything on the road sign recognition.
    You go to the Stickies in this subforum and read up about OBDELEVEN and VCDS which are the tools needed to do such things.

DO NOT ask a dealer as they wont do anything like that and the less they know the better.

Road side sign is an A4 page of instructions included in either my posts or "Phonebooths" and requires coding with one of the above tools..

As I said it is not terribly accurate but is livable.

EG in my area it pokes up old 70K areas where they no longer exist and has phantom areas that dont exist either but still show the historic speeds.
    As said this is due to the inadequacies of data in our maps, which are constructed differently to Euro maps

You also have to have navigation in the vehicle and as you havent said what yours has Im not sure what you can enable

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    You go to the Stickies in this subforum and read up about OBDELEVEN and VCDS which are the tools needed to do such things.

DO NOT ask a dealer as they wont do anything like that and the less they know the better.

Road side sign is an A4 page of instructions included in either my posts or "Phonebooths" and requires coding with one of the above tools..

As I said it is not terribly accurate but is livable.

EG in my area it pokes up old 70K areas where they no longer exist and has phantom areas that dont exist either but still show the historic speeds.
    As said this is due to the inadequacies of data in our maps, which are constructed differently to Euro maps

You also have to have navigation in the vehicle and as you havent said what yours has Im not sure what you can enable
    Thanks for the info.
    I just have the standard infotainment system that comes on the 2022 R-line, I didn’t get the sound and vision package. It does however have sat nav as standard. The dealer said the road sign display is not available in Australia however, I do think it is available.. There is just nowhere on my system that I can find to turn it on so I am thinking only the sound and vision package (like HUD) has it.
    would be good if a 21/22 owner could confirm?

Users Country Flag

Thanks for the info.
    I just have the standard infotainment system that comes on the 2022 R-line, I didn’t get the sound and vision package. It does however have sat nav as standard. The dealer said the road sign display is not available in Australia however, I do think it is available.. There is just nowhere on my system that I can find to turn it on so I am thinking only the sound and vision package (like HUD) has it.
    would be good if a 21/22 owner could confirm?
    Have already told you the ONLY WAY of how to get it so not going to do it again Post a pic of your headunit.

What you "think" and what's the truth may be different