Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Tiguan 132TSI R-Line available

Users Country Flag

New Tiguan 132TSI R-Line available

New sport-themed edition brings R-Line package to 132TSI grade for the first time, and comes loaded with standard kit.

Volkswagen Tiguan 132TSI R-Line on sale from $46,990 | CarAdvice
    Last edited by Beedub; 09-04-2019 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Formatting

Users Country Flag
    Looks good. Would definitely be on my list of I was buying now.

Sent from my HTC 2PZF1 using Tapatalk
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Users Country Flag
    The back end looks like standard 132 rear bumper - not R-Line - in the article.
    Or is the R-Line rear bumper different between Allspace and SWB Tigs?
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    It's the R-Line style but it differs in that it doesn't have the two chrome bits either end of the bumper.
    My guess is VW would have to fit a different exhaust if they wanted it to match the 162TSI R-Lines.

The R-Line bumper is the same on the Allspace and SWB Tigs.

Users Country Flag
    The R-Line in the Highline also has the leather seats with the R logo stitched into the front seats
    I assume that is swapped out for the AID.
    I wonder if you also get the R-Line scuff plates on the from door sills...
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Users Country Flag
    Hi All,

I thought I would do my bit and add to the VW community – recently purchased MY19.5 Tiguan 132TSI R-Line Edition. For anyone who also has this model, I’ve activated or changed successfully the following with OBD Eleven;

High Beam Assist (HBA), then went further and…
    Dynamic Light Assist (DLA)
    Dynamic Road Sign Display (Traffic Sign Recognition) – albeit with the 'Dynamic Road Sign Display currently restricted' warning pop-up
    Daytime Running Lights (DRL) On/Off option in MMI display

What I cannot get to work is Traffic Message Channel (TMC)/Traffic Program (TP). I’ve changed the 'Fee-based traffic information (TMC)' and set the value to '1024', turned on Traffic Program and RDS in the MMI, but no dice. Seems this can sometimes be hit and miss depending on headunit software… Any suggestions would be welcome.

Cheers.
    2019 Tiguan 132TSI R-Line Edition MY19.5 - Tungsten Silver - 2.0 litre TSI 132kW + Panoramic glass sunroof

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by turbojetta83 View Post
    Hi All,

I thought I would do my bit and add to the VW community – recently purchased MY19.5 Tiguan 132TSI R-Line Edition. For anyone who also has this model, I’ve activated or changed successfully the following with OBD Eleven;

High Beam Assist (HBA), then went further and…
    Dynamic Light Assist (DLA)
    Dynamic Road Sign Display (Traffic Sign Recognition) – albeit with the 'Dynamic Road Sign Display currently restricted' warning pop-up
    Daytime Running Lights (DRL) On/Off option in MMI display

What I cannot get to work is Traffic Message Channel (TMC)/Traffic Program (TP). I’ve changed the 'Fee-based traffic information (TMC)' and set the value to '1024', turned on Traffic Program and RDS in the MMI, but no dice. Seems this can sometimes be hit and miss depending on headunit software… Any suggestions would be welcome.

Cheers.
    I'm assuming you manually restarted the headunit? For me that's what it needed to work.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by PDMJO View Post
    I'm assuming you manually restarted the headunit? For me that's what it needed to work.
    Cheers for the reply, and yes - I've tried the manual restart (hold power button in until restart). Reverted back and gone through the whole process again twice over, still nothing. TMC has a line through it and no reports.
    2019 Tiguan 132TSI R-Line Edition MY19.5 - Tungsten Silver - 2.0 litre TSI 132kW + Panoramic glass sunroof

TMC takes 30+mins to show any info. So be sure to wait a while, before thinking it failed.

I have to re-enable TMC after each dealer visit. One time it took until the next day to work.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Simonr23 View Post
    TMC takes 30+mins to show any info. So be sure to wait a while, before thinking it failed.

I have to re-enable TMC after each dealer visit. One time it took until the next day to work.
    Cheers Simon,

I waited for a couple of days with nothing eventuating the first two times I tried, re-tried again last night and still nothing as of lunchtime today. But I'll give it a while longer just to be sure as per your advice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast