Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Tiguan 132TSI R-Line available

Incase you do have a glitch, download the newest software for your head unit from vw (Germany I think it is)

It’s the same place you download up to date maps.
    Last edited by Simonr23; 13-11-2019 at 08:53 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Mine took a couple of minutes to work, so I don’t believe time is a factor here.

Simon’s suggestion sounds like your best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by Simonr23 View Post
    Incase you do have a glitch, download the newest software for your head unit from vw (Germany I think it is)

I only ever see map updates, never a software / firmware update for the head unit on the maps page.

Do you see a different download?

I'm on the latest MY19.5 Tig with Discover Pro head unit, which is probably the same as the OP, which is why I ask, as i've got one of the updated OBDeleven's being shipped to me now so I can do these things.

Users Country Flag

Thanks Simon, still nothing today regarding traffic reports. I've had a look at downloading the newest software, where map updates are sourced from, but apart from the 'Discover Care' download manager, I can't see any option to download headunit software... Do you know if software updates are done through the Discover Care download manager?

Appreciate the help. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by PDMJO View Post
    Mine took a couple of minutes to work, so I don’t believe time is a factor here.

Simon’s suggestion sounds like your best bet.
    My thinking too. My previous Golf Alltrack worked within a few minutes when I activated TMC, so I'm stumped with why it isn't with my new Tiguan.
    2019 Tiguan 132TSI R-Line Edition MY19.5 - Tungsten Silver - 2.0 litre TSI 132kW + Panoramic glass sunroof

Users Country Flag
    Look here for correct instructions

Volkswagen MK2 Tiguan OBDeleven / VCDS Tweaks List – AutoInstruct

As said it can take a while and needs headunit rebooted and has been known to be reluctant to work. Is much better to using coding than apps as as well as being free to do you can reverse it easily and dont need credits. Have done about 15 mods to mine using coding
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

It’s been a while since I’ve updated maps/software, but I’m fairly sure it’s all contained in the same file- so if your car is already up to date, nothing changes. If not, the X GB file will do it for you.

You can check your units current software version on an info screen in settings (somewhere) and then google it, to see if it’s current.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Look here for correct instructions

Volkswagen MK2 Tiguan OBDeleven / VCDS Tweaks List – AutoInstruct

As said it can take a while and needs headunit rebooted and has been known to be reluctant to work. Is much better to using coding than apps as as well as being free to do you can reverse it easily and dont need credits. Have done about 15 mods to mine using coding
    Thanks Hillbilly, this is the actual source that I used when I long coded the change, so apart from continuing to wait (or try a software update if it's available), I'm not sure what else to do - might just have to let this one go.

It’s been a while since I’ve updated maps/software, but I’m fairly sure it’s all contained in the same file- so if your car is already up to date, nothing changes. If not, the X GB file will do it for you.

You can check your units current software version on an info screen in settings (somewhere) and then google it, to see if it’s current.
    Cheers Simon,

The current software version I have is 0890, but I'm not sure whether that's current or has been superseded. I will attempt the update through the discover care application. Fingers crossed.
    2019 Tiguan 132TSI R-Line Edition MY19.5 - Tungsten Silver - 2.0 litre TSI 132kW + Panoramic glass sunroof

Something else I’ve just thought of. Are you in a region with traffic broadcasts? In Aus that means the metro areas of our capital cities (and Gold Coast/Newcastle type places)

Users Country Flag
    Something else I’ve just thought of. Are you in a region with traffic broadcasts? In Aus that means the metro areas of our capital cities (and Gold Coast/Newcastle type places)
    A good thought, however I live in the bayside area of Melbourne and well within the traffic broadcast zone. I had this working on my previous Golf Alltrack in the same location. So this one's really got me stumped. I'm still to try the discover care update route - so that's my last avenue.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetta83 View Post
    A good thought, however I live in the bayside area of Melbourne and well within the traffic broadcast zone. I had this working on my previous Golf Alltrack in the same location. So this one's really got me stumped. I'm still to try the discover care update route - so that's my last avenue.
    TMC VCDS not working(?) 2016 Comfortline

This guy says only some version of maps are compatible with TMS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12