Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New owner possible leaky boot

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by iDiesel View Post
    I have a pano roof, never cleaned out the drains but would like to know how/where so I can check ‘em
    Read my new post go to general body exterior repairs and section 60 on -page 214

Sorry about the short names Blame Google Hover over it all will be revealed
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 22-10-2020 at 05:33 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonr23 View Post
    Are you 100% sure it’s not the rear wiper(or rear camera) washers having a leak when being used?
    Or leaking after use.

If it takes a while for water to flow when activating the rear wiper washer, this may be worth looking into further.
    The thing is water is simply going into the wheel well without wetting the carpet. The path of the water seems to come via the O/S tail light as shown in the image below. Also noticed water from near the holes in the inside where the bumper sits

I really hope it's the rear wiper washer as the nozzle for the rear camera washer is broken (ordered a new one).

As you advised think I am going to investigate the rear washer pipes before taking the rear bumper off to check the seam seals

New owner possible leaky boot-20201020_213214-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Other thing you can do is put someone in the boot while you're outside with the hose and run it over various areas of the car until you see water. I suspect it's higher up - roof rails, antenna or the cable connector for the boot/tailgate.
    Thanks for suggestion tigger73, if it was the roof rails / antenna / cable connector I am sure there would have been a patch of water mark in the headliner?

Well guys it rained slightly again this afternoon and found the usual water leak again

It seems to be coming out of holes in the panels?

New owner possible leaky boot-20201022_162131-jpg

I have sprayed the boot area including rear lights and also the rear doors and nothing sort creates this leak. So I am thinking may be the roof is the issue?

Bdw guys I don't have a panoramic roof so none of that drain pipes kinking or blocking.

If it was the roof would it now show as wet patches in the roof lining?

I have had many cars in the past and none of them leaked? Don't expect this from a VW

Users Country Flag
    I would have $10 on its been dinged and panels not sealed properly Spray water up under the inner wheel arch and see what happens
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 23-10-2020 at 10:29 AM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    I would have $10 on its been dinged and panels not sealed properly Spray water up under the inner wheel arch and see what happens
    Oh dear please don't say that

I will do that first thing in the morning

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kjrehsi View Post
    Oh dear please don't say that

I will do that first thing in the morning
    ahh interesting point. Does it leak when the car is static with rain coming down or just when you drive? It might give you a new area to spray with water hose to fault find.

Quote Originally Posted by tek199 View Post
    ahh interesting point. Does it leak when the car is static with rain coming down or just when you drive? It might give you a new area to spray with water hose to fault find.
    It leaks regardless, standing or while moving and obviously in rain.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kjrehsi View Post
    It leaks regardless, standing or while moving and obviously in rain.
    that would suggest water getting in from the top rather then by bad repair on the panels underneath. Taillight, rubber electrical protection boot on top near the tailgate hinges or the hinges themselves. Taillight. Or water running down the tailgate inner parts and escaping through the lock mechanism into the latch?

Quote Originally Posted by tek199 View Post
    that would suggest water getting in from the top rather then by bad repair on the panels underneath. Taillight, rubber electrical protection boot on top near the tailgate hinges or the hinges themselves. Taillight. Or water running down the tailgate inner parts and escaping through the lock mechanism into the latch?
    Yeah mate I am in the process of removing the rear bumper.

I am 100% certain it is not involved in a crash etc. I am pretty confident I can make out a rear ended car

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast