Thread: New Mk7 tweaks but with new Stop start disablement

Users Country Flag

New Mk7 tweaks but with new Stop start disablement

Volkswagen Golf MK7 (5G) coding mods

Might be worthwhile trying on the Tiguan 2020 models that cant turn it off
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Hi Hillbilly, can't the Stop/Start function be deactivated in new Tiguans, including the Allspace.

If this is the case, I will not be buying a new Allspace as planned.

That Stop/Start function is a death trap.

Quote Originally Posted by drivesafe View Post
    Hi Hillbilly, can't the Stop/Start function be deactivated in new Tiguans, including the Allspace.

If this is the case, I will not be buying a new Allspace as planned.

That Stop/Start function is a death trap.
    A big assumption from someone who has not driven the car yet.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    Yeah I used it for 7 years and am still alive and car hasnt got a scratch on it Just have to learn how to use it

I’m assuming this thread is about a new way to permanently disable start/stop on newer ECU/software versions of MQB cars.

I also assume there is still a button near the gearstick to disable the start/stop as wanted (resets to on when ignition turned off- like all cars)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    No “assumption” at all, I have been driving a 2017 Tig for 3 years and the when I have not manually disabled the STOP/START, it is an absolute danger at roundabouts, where the steering can lock when the motor turns off.
    Last edited by drivesafe; 16-06-2020 at 11:15 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonr23 View Post
    I’m assuming this thread is about a new way to permanently disable start/stop on newer ECU/software versions of MQB cars.

I also assume there is still a button near the gearstick to disable the start/stop as wanted (resets to on when ignition turned off- like all cars)
    If there is still a button to manually disable the STOP/START, then I’ll be happy with that, I was just asking Hillbilly for clarification, based on his post.

If there is still a button to manually disable the STOP/START, then I’ll be happy with that, I was just asking Hillbilly for clarification, based on his post.
    There is still a button. I am just in the habit of hitting it now when I put the car into gear - It's not even conscious.

When I test drove the car, the sales guy laughed as I just instinctively did it having come from another MQB car with it. Said he was about to explain the start/stop "feature" but "you're clearly already familiar with it"

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    No “assumption” at all, I have been driving a 2017 Tig for 3 years and the when I have not manually disabled the STOP/START, it is an absolute danger at roundabouts, where the steering can lock when the motor turns off.
    Well something the matter with it as has never done that with mine and not seen any other remarks about that on any of the several VW forums I haunt

Users Country Flag

Hi Hillbilly, it is just a split second delay before the steering unlocks.

It has happened 5 times now, twice when turning at traffic lights, which is not a problem, but it has happened three times at roundabouts.

It causes just a fraction more of a delay and on one occasion, that delay put me in the path of an on coming vehicle.

When I remember, as ajobbins posted, it’s the next thing I press after starting the motor, but driving two different vehicles, just forget every once in a while.

Thanks ajobbins, I was not quite sure what Hillbilly meant, but if new VWs are the same, all is well, from my prospective.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast