Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Mk7 tweaks but with new Stop start disablement

I have never turned S/S off and never had the problems you have experienced and mine is over 3 years old. By your post I assumed (wrongly) that you were yet to drive a Tiguan with S/S.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    To clarify it seems VW have made it impossible to disable stop start by the prev voltage change method and thee other one which I cant remember was used in the 2020 models and it seems what is in my OP may get past that I dont know Just trying to help
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Hi Hillbilly and thanks, I did finally realise what you were saying.

It was just that I am very interested in a new Allspace and had been looking at them, but had not taken one for a test drive so had not tried deactivating the STOP/START function.

I am going to see if I can replicate the situation with the steering locks and then I am going to try the same situation in my daughter's new Subaru and see if it does the same thing.

Users Country Flag

Hillbilly is right that it’s about learning to drive with the stop/start. Breaking normally and stop/start kicks in, Engine stop, power steering feels like it locks as power off etc. But I’ve found you can also break softly and not engage stop/start if you are in slow moving/creeping traffic like at a busy roundabout. This might be a bit like riding the clutch though, so if going through an intersection like this regularly just getting into the habit of pressing the button to disable stop/start works fine too.
    May 20 - Nov 19 MY20 Tiguan 162 TSI
    May 16 - Apr 16 Mazda 3 Sp25 GT - 2020 hail storm write-off
    May 13 - 2013 Mk7 Golf Highline.
    May 10 - 2009 Falcon G6E with beige leather.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12