Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: New map update for VW & Skoda available here

Users Country Flag

Bought from a major retailer. The size was only off by a few 100MB in a 32GB but enough the SatNav update would not fit.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    50c on it was a Sandisk LOL
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by FastMitch View Post
    Finally managed to solve my issue.
    Great news
    Always satisfying to solve issues like this
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Users Country Flag
    Looks like big is available in Taiwan and Japan now

Volkswagen Map Updates
    Last edited by iDiesel; 22-01-2021 at 07:43 PM.
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Users Country Flag
    Need some guidance here. Have downloaded the P90 discover pro file from the VW site as provided in this thread. Have unzipped directly to USB (fat32 format). Stick USB to my VW Passat and while the system recognises the USB.. I have done countless update searches (either through Nav Settings or General Settings) and return same error message "Error: no data available. Please insert a source with software update or check the source". I have already tried using SD card with exFAT format. Am at a lost what I am doing incorrectly. Please help!

Quote Originally Posted by rookie123 View Post
    Need some guidance here. Have downloaded the P90 discover pro file from the VW site as provided in this thread. Have unzipped directly to USB (fat32 format). Stick USB to my VW Passat and while the system recognises the USB.. I have done countless update searches (either through Nav Settings or General Settings) and return same error message "Error: no data available. Please insert a source with software update or check the source". I have already tried using SD card with exFAT format. Am at a lost what I am doing incorrectly. Please help!
    The map on the USB should have 2 folders and a txt file. IS your unit the Discover PRO with no buttons at all or what is it

What year Passat is it
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 27-01-2021 at 05:47 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    The map on the USB should have 2 folders and a txt file. IS your unit the Discover PRO with no buttons at all or what is it

What year Passat is it
    Yup, two folders (Mib 1 & 2) and txt file. I have unzipped the whole file to the USB. It is the Discover Pro with 2 buttons. 2017 Passat 206 TSI R Line. From the maps website, it appears to be the discover pro 2016 Passat variant. So I downloaded that version (P90). Zip file of 25GB, unzipped is 31.38GB.

Yup, two folders (Mib 1 & 2) and txt file. I have unzipped the whole file to the USB. It is the Discover Pro with 2 buttons. 2017 Passat 206 TSI R Line. From the maps website, it appears to be the discover pro 2016 Passat variant. So I downloaded that version (P90). Zip file of 25GB, unzipped is 31.38GB.
    You arent doing it on a MAC (heaven forbid) are you because that is too big Unzipped its 29.2GB or 31,371,034,6240 BYTES

Should be 658Mb free space on a 32GB drive
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 27-01-2021 at 06:18 PM.

I had the same problem. The issue was that the two folders (Mib 1 & 2) and txt file need to be in the root directory of the usb and not the P90_N60S5MIBH3_ROW_NT folder that they’re packaged in from the download. Update took about 40 mins.
    Last edited by Anto; 27-01-2021 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anto View Post
    I had the same problem. The issue was that the two folders (Mib 1 & 2) and txt file need to be in the root directory of the usb and not the P90_N60S5MIBH3_ROW_NT folder that they’re packaged in from the download. Update took about 40 mins.
    If you unzip them direct to whatever you are going to put in the car they should and do end up as the two folders and the text file in the root of the card or USB even if it has something else on it as have done it that way with a SD card with other stuff on it

Other and more common way is to unzip it to a folder on an HDD and copy the contents to the SD card

Either way worked for me

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast