Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Andoid Auto & Google Calendar

Users Country Flag

I can’t get Google Calendar to even show on Android auto.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
    It won't be enough unfortunately. Wireless CarPlay and Android Auto will require a different WiFi hardware what we have currently in our cars.

Wireless Apple CarPlay, Android Auto: Which cars have it? What to know
    As far as I'm aware the Discover Pro comes with both an inbuilt GPS receiver and dual band WiFi router (5GHz enabled through adaptions). I could be wrong though.

If that's the case it's just software/firmware remaining.
    MY19.5 Tiguan Highline with R-Line & Sound/Vision

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by phonebooth View Post
    As far as I'm aware the Discover Pro comes with both an inbuilt GPS receiver and dual band WiFi router (5GHz enabled through adaptions). I could be wrong though.

Rest assured it will be available only in new vehicles.
    Why make it available in existing vehicles when you can force someone to upgrade based on a $200 upgrade?
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by phonebooth View Post
    Then why do you think the brand new Tuareg with all the tech bells and whistles does not have wireless CarPlay and AA? Kind of defeats the logic here.
    MY18 VW Tiguan Comfortline

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
    Then why do you think the brand new Tuareg with all the tech bells and whistles does not have wireless CarPlay and AA? Kind of defeats the logic here.
    Have you heard of marketing?
    It's an industry.
    They charge big $ to make sure anything technically possible is only available for additional $
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Have you heard of marketing?
    It's an industry.
    They charge big $ to make sure anything technically possible is only available for additional $
    Just like BMW, right?

Users Country Flag
    Which cars offer wireless Apple CarPlay?
    Counting hybrid variants as separate cars, 27 models from three brands offer wireless Apple CarPlay for the 2019 model year, either as standard or optional equipment. The BMW Group is out ahead on the feature, offering it on all models with factory navigation across the BMW and Mini brands.

Audi A6
    Audi A7
    Audi A8
    Audi Q8
    BMW 2 Series
    BMW 3 Series
    BMW 4 Series
    BMW 5 Series
    BMW 5 Series plug-in hybrid (530e)
    BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe
    BMW 7 Series
    BMW 7 Series plug-in hybrid (740e)
    BMW i3
    BMW i8
    BMW X1
    BMW X2
    BMW X3
    BMW X4
    BMW X5
    BMW X6
    BMW X7
    BMW Z4
    Mini Clubman
    Mini Convertible
    Mini Hardtop
    Mini Countryman
    Mini Cooper SE Countryman plug-in hybrid

Users Country Flag
    Exactly.
    It's certainly possible to retrofit to existing cars but why do so when you can instead offer it in a brand new car instead?

Users Country Flag

Isn't the new Skoda and Passat having wireless CarPlay?
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12