Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nav System Problem

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by iDiesel View Post
    I find the inbuilt system hard to use
    It even picks up fire trails
    My wife went on a covid getaway with her sister and they ended up getting directed to a fire trail which was the other end of a National Park from the location they were heading too.

Fortunately after 5mins of driving down the trail they didn’t feel it was the right place, so promptly switched to Google Maps and back tracked the 15kms to get them back onto main roads

Google, Apple Maps and Waze all picked up the correct address straight away, whereas the inbuilt Nav presented the fire trail ahead of the correct address. One to watch out for
    You havent got it set up correctly then as here are selections for where you DONT want to go Like on Ferries, dirt roads, toll roads etc.

Endless posts about the same thing on forums when its user error as the satnav is a dumb thing and only does what its told

Same as a computer GIGO.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Thanks Hillbilly

It shouldn't be this hard
    Every other mapping service is "smart" enough to give you directions.
    I'm trying to make it as simple as possible for the Mrs and previous brand cars we had, their Satnavs worked just fine and easy to use.

I understand that you can make all the correct "options" to simplify it, but this actually makes it more difficult to use for the less tech savvy.
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Users Country Flag
    Thanks Hillbilly

I'm trying to make it as simple as possible for the Mrs and previous brand cars we had, their Satnavs worked just fine and easy to use.

I understand that you can make all the correct "options" to simplify it, but this actually makes it more difficult to use for the less tech savvy.
    Come on its not hard to go through the menus and pick a selection and every other make of GPS has the same options to select from.

Ive used TomTom, Garmin x 2, Navman, A VW RNS510 and now the Discovery Pro and have always gone through the menus before I use them.
    Only needs to be done once and then its all good.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Thanks Hillbilly

I use TomTom, Garmin and Google maps, all have config options i.e. avoid toll roads, avoid freeways etc. etc. these options are most likely in the set up of your nav.
    06 Jetta 2.0TFSI Killed by a Lexus!
    09 Eos 2.0TSI DSG Loved this car but has now gone to a new home!!
    14 EOS 2.0 TSI has arrived!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12