Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MY19.5 Highline Suspension Noise

Users Country Flag

MY19.5 Highline Suspension Noise

Quote Originally Posted by Simonr23 View Post
    Must be psychosomatic then rexman. It’s just not possible for a bushing/ball joint to effect so many negative traits.

It’s still good that it feels better though!
    They must have tighter engine mounts for the DSG and engine vibration to be gone.

Even the jolting feeling over potholes is gone. It feels like a different car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2010 MY11 GOLF R - 5DR | DSG | RISING BLUE | DYNAUDIO + ACC + BLUETOOTH + 19s + RNS510 |

2017 MY17 TIGUAN HIGHLINE - 5DR | DSG | PEARL BLACK | SUNROOF + DAP |

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by REXman View Post
    They must have tighter engine mounts for the DSG and engine vibration to be gone.

Even the jolting feeling over potholes is gone. It feels like a different car.

I should add that I wasn’t looking for any changes or improvements. Was actually pessimistic about them having achieved much with the car at all. Pleasant surprise.

2010 MY11 GOLF R - 5DR | DSG | RISING BLUE | DYNAUDIO + ACC + BLUETOOTH + 19s + RNS510 |

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    So mine went in yesterday with the below 'issues'

Suspension creak on turning - no fault found
    DSG noise - no fault found (normal operation)
    Suspect coolant leak - no fault found. Advised coolant can drop below minimum prior to first service. Something to do with factory filling.
    Paint defect front passenger door - details taken, report sent to VW for repair approval

Disappointed that I couldn't replicate the creaking noise. My ears are tuned for it now, I'm constantly listening for it.
    MY19.5 Tiguan Highline with R-Line & Sound/Vision

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by phonebooth View Post
    So mine went in yesterday with the below 'issues'

Suspension creak on turning - no fault found
    DSG noise - no fault found (normal operation)
    Suspect coolant leak - no fault found. Advised coolant can drop below minimum prior to first service. Something to do with factory filling.
    Paint defect front passenger door - details taken, report sent to VW for repair approval

Disappointed that I couldn't replicate the creaking noise. My ears are tuned for it now, I'm constantly listening for it.
    If you’re in metro Sydney I can meet you and tell you what it is you need to ask for.

I should highlight that I have had three different noises fixed. I would say record them but you won’t be able to capture it if it’s any of the ones I dealt with.

Last edited by REXman; 31-01-2020 at 07:48 PM.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for the offer REXman but I'm in Perth.

I have a service booked on the 15th so might bring it up again then.
    MY19.5 Tiguan Highline with R-Line & Sound/Vision

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by REXman View Post
    If you’re in metro Sydney I can meet you and tell you what it is you need to ask for.

I should highlight that I have had three different noises fixed. I would say record them but you won’t be able to capture it if it’s any of the ones I dealt with.

Hey REXman, I have the same "creaking" from the front suspension, generally occuring over speed humps or when making a turn and there is a level change and the car/suspension is in torsion.

Taking the car in to get serviced soon, what should I be asking for as a potential source(s) of the problem? Otherwise they're likely not to take a close look at all.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Teduardo View Post
    Hey REXman, I have the same "creaking" from the front suspension, generally occuring over speed humps or when making a turn and there is a level change and the car/suspension is in torsion.

Taking the car in to get serviced soon, what should I be asking for as a potential source(s) of the problem? Otherwise they're likely not to take a close look at all.

Cheers
    This is what they did to mine to solve a similar issue.

Removed lower control arm bushes
    Greased with VW lubricant
    Refitted
    Noise gone - Haven’t had an issues since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123