Page 85 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Thread: MY17/MQB Platform Tiguan Discussion Thread

I was in at my local dealer last week and they confirmed their 162TSI dealer stock was arriving around the end of Feb.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Sonny take on this is that they will be able to fulfil the preorders on time but becuase of high demand recent orders will be delayed.

Yes I think there's probably a bit of a backlog of 162TSI orders now. Though having said that I'm sure there's still dealer stock cars coming in that are unallocated. However you'd have to get a dealer that has an oder for the car that you want or one that's prepared to source you the car.

Of course if you want a particular combination of colour and options then you'll probably just have to wait.

Funnily enough Habanero Orange is in a bit of a short supply.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladbach View Post
    When was that confirmed?
    3 days ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY20 Golf R - Dynaudio Excite 400w Premium Audio System - Panoramic Electric Glass Sunroof - Lapiz Blue
    MY17 Tiguan Highline 162TSI - DSG - Driver Assistance Package - Panoramic Electric Glass Sunroof - R-Line Package - Pure White MY10 Golf GTI Mk6 - 5 door - DSG - 18" Detroits - Sunroof - Leather - Electric Seats - Sat Nav - MDI - Park Assist - RVC - Deep Black Pearl - SOLD! MY13 Polo GTI - 5 door - Bi-Xenon's - Panoramic Sunroof - Candy White - SOLD!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Yes I think there's probably a bit of a backlog of 162TSI orders now. Though having said that I'm sure there's still dealer stock cars coming in that are unallocated. However you'd have to get a dealer that has an oder for the car that you want or one that's prepared to source you the car.

Of course if you want a particular combination of colour and options then you'll probably just have to wait.

Funnily enough Habanero Orange is in a bit of a short supply.

I was expecting the habanero to be quite rare - not the most popular choice in the first instance and then not available as a R line. Looking forward to seeing ours.
    Scirocco: Indium Grey, DSG, pana roof, Sat/Nav, Dynaudio, VWR springs and APR stage 1. Now sold
    Arriving April 17 Audi S3 sedan, Panther black, S-tronic, PP2, pano, matrix lights, assistance pack, 40:20:40 seats, mirror pack, light inlays

Tiguan: Tiguan 162TSI, DAP and pano in Habanero

Quote Originally Posted by Mac135 View Post
    I was expecting the habanero to be quite rare - not the most popular choice in the first instance and then not available as a R line. Looking forward to seeing ours.
    Well if you don't want a "shades of grey" car (black, white, silver, grey) then there's only 3 options left - blue, orange or red. Some people (like my wife) are dead against red cars - statistically more crashes. Which leaves the Caribbean blue which is a bit of a strange shade - looks OK in some light and almost like a grey in others. Or the Habanero which is a pretty striking colour and I'm actually a little disappointed the don't do the R-line in oragne as it would be a real statement.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by hcvo1 View Post
    My dealer confirmed via NADCON that my 162TSI R-Line is due in Melbourne on the 20th February and delivery 2 weeks after. The car was ordered in July - go figure!
    It sounds like you could be one of the rare R-line orders that had been scheduled?

"Expected delivery of current (R-Line) orders that have not yet been scheduled ranges from Feb to May"

... although the bulletin above was still not clear if scheduled r-line orders like yours would arrive in Aus any earlier then Feb.

I ordered my R-line in earlier part of sep and last I checked my planned CP8 week have slipped from 04.2017 to 05.2017 .. I wonder if there is any chance of it still landing Melb on 20th Feb via same shipment as yours?

I had presumed the definition of 'scheduled' as having your production ID section,dispatch date, delivery to and arrival at dealer dates in the NADCON filled up.
    Mine was all still blank 2 weeks ago.
    Last edited by VWVY; 07-11-2016 at 10:39 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by VWVY View Post
    It sounds like you could be one of the rare R-line orders that had been scheduled?

"Expected delivery of current (R-Line) orders that have not yet been scheduled ranges from Feb to May"

... although the bulletin above was still not clear if scheduled r-line orders like yours would arrive in Aus any earlier then Feb.

I ordered my R-line in earlier part of sep and last I checked my planned CP8 week have slipped from 04.2017 to 05.2017 .. I wonder if there is any chance of it still landing Melb on 20th Feb via same shipment as yours?
    NADCON is showing that the production plant has been allocated and will be handed over to production on the 19/11. We will see how we go. I'll keep you updated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY20 Golf R - Dynaudio Excite 400w Premium Audio System - Panoramic Electric Glass Sunroof - Lapiz Blue
    MY17 Tiguan Highline 162TSI - DSG - Driver Assistance Package - Panoramic Electric Glass Sunroof - R-Line Package - Pure White MY10 Golf GTI Mk6 - 5 door - DSG - 18" Detroits - Sunroof - Leather - Electric Seats - Sat Nav - MDI - Park Assist - RVC - Deep Black Pearl - SOLD! MY13 Polo GTI - 5 door - Bi-Xenon's - Panoramic Sunroof - Candy White - SOLD!

Took a 140TDI R-Line for a drive today.

I drive an A6 Allroad with a 3.0 V6 diesel, and I've driven numerous A4s and the like with the same 2.0 diesel mill fitted to the Tiguan.

I expected good things from the 140TDI. Sad to report I was disappointed.

The car itself is gorgeous. The R-Line, in white, looks fantastic. The interior feels very special with the trick dash and all of the other bells and whistles. Progressive steering is fantastic, the car felt quiet and refined with the exception of the diesel rattle. Everything but the engine was spot on.

I'm possibly wrong, but seeing as this is the first diesel from VAG I've driven post diesel emissions fiasco, I suspect it has been detuned so much to keep the tree hungers happy it's lost it's grunt. I echo what others have said here with respect to the lag. It's definitely not DSG lag, it's turbo lag. Performance was better with the DSG in sport mode, marginally, but in drive it lopes along in such a high gear, way below where any torque is developed, that when you put your foot down it does nothing. All the DSGs do this in standard tune, even my A6, but the engine torque peak seems to be in such a narrow band now that it's nowhere near as usable as the older 2.0 diesels were. My A6 diesel doesn't sound like a diesel at all once it's moving. I defy anyone to tell the difference between it and a petrol from the passenger seat. The same can be said for the A4 2.0 Audis I've driven to date. Not so this 140TDI. It sounded positively truck like, even on the road. I'd like to see it on a dyno. I seriously doubt the claimed power and torque figures.

To confirm my thoughts, we took a 132TSI for a spin. From the moment we started the engine it felt a lot more refined. The performance was markedly better. It was quieter, smoother, had a greater torque range and was generally a lot more enjoyable than the 140TDI.

It's a shame. The 140TDI R-Line at Sutherland today was, up until we drove it, exactly what we wanted. R-Line, Driver Assistance Pack and no sunroof. We probably would have driven it home today. Once we drove it though there was no way. We'll be ordering a 162TSI very shortly and join the long list.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Or the Habanero which is a pretty striking colour and I'm actually a little disappointed the don't do the R-line in oragne as it would be a real statement.
    Probably would have stumped up for the RLine if it had come in the orange. My wife was determinedly no thaving black,white, silver or grey.
    Scirocco: Indium Grey, DSG, pana roof, Sat/Nav, Dynaudio, VWR springs and APR stage 1. Now sold
    Arriving April 17 Audi S3 sedan, Panther black, S-tronic, PP2, pano, matrix lights, assistance pack, 40:20:40 seats, mirror pack, light inlays

Tiguan: Tiguan 162TSI, DAP and pano in Habanero

Page 85 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast