Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: MY17/MQB Platform Tiguan Discussion Thread

Here's the 2015 Tiguan "mule".

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    what a POS! Looks ugly!
    2013 Tiguan 155kW DSG | Leather | Bi Xenon's | Park Assist 2.0 | Panoramic Sunroof | RCD 510 | RVC | MDI
    Mods: APR K04 v3.1 | HPA Haldex | S3 Intercooler | Custom 3" Quad Tip Exhaust | Carbonio Intake | WL HD RSB | GFB DV+ | Koni Yellow Sport Struts & Eibach Springs | HP LCAs | Custom Audio ( Alpine MRX V70 , Audison Bit Ten , Dynamat , Stealth Sub ) | Car Tablet | CB Radio | Sports Pedals | RLine Door Sills | Wheel Arch Extensions | 3 Bar MAP & BKR8EIX | RT VCDS .... Performance: 0 - 100 km/h, 5.0 seconds ( Racelogic PBox tested ) Tiguan Build Thread

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramee View Post
    what a POS! Looks ugly!
    Just for reference that is the Touran (people mover) not the Tiguan body.

2015 Volkswagen Tiguan - 2014 Car Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by team_v View Post
    Just for reference that is the Touran (people mover) not the Tiguan body.
    Yes it's a Touran body with the next gen Tig running gear.

Details of the article here: 2015 Volkswagen Tiguan | car review @ Top Speed

A couple of other articles:

Chunky look for new VW Tiguan 2015 pictures | Auto Express

New 2015 VW Tiguan Redesign | Blendcars.com

Well discussions with my local dealer today is that there will be another refresh of the Tig for MY15 due around September this year. There's no MQB Tig on the horizon.... possibly due in 2 years / 2016

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Well discussions with my local dealer today is that there will be another refresh of the Tig for MY15 due around September this year. There's no MQB Tig on the horizon.... possibly due in 2 years / 2016
    Makes sense.
    The Gen 1's were late 2008 to 2012, so i would guess at a Franfurt Motorshow announcement/reveal in 2015 with AUDM release in June/September 2016.
    Keeps in sync with the 4 year facelift cycle.

Users Country Flag
    I am not a believer. Two facelifts is pretty much unheard of in the german car industry. The structure will otherwise be on sale from 2007 until 2017 or so ? - I can't see it for such a volume car. I am onside with some of the press who are saying display of a "proper" new car later this year, with on sale next year. Saying this, it does seem strange that there is a lack of "scoop" photos of prototypes...

We will have to come back to this thread later and see though I guess...
    MY18 Skoda Kodiaq TSI with Luxury and Tech packs.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthestig View Post
    I am not a believer. Two facelifts is pretty much unheard of in the german car industry. The structure will otherwise be on sale from 2007 until 2017 or so ? - I can't see it for such a volume car. I am onside with some of the press who are saying display of a "proper" new car later this year, with on sale next year. Saying this, it does seem strange that there is a lack of "scoop" photos of prototypes...

We will have to come back to this thread later and see though I guess...
    Agree that 6 year model cycles are the "norm" and that would put the Tig up for renewal around now.

However I think what you'll find is that the Golf development was pushed through early on the MQB platform giving only 4 years in Mk6.

I seriously think that the Tig may get another midlife "facelift" before it gets brought onto the MQB platform. Golf is such a big seller that this development has been fast-tracked instead. Which has delayed the Tig...

VW couldn't afford to have an "old" Golf. They may bring some of the new engines into the MY15 Tig but I suspect the major mechanicals/body/size etc will be the same.

I'd love to be proven wrong but I suspect this is what is happening given the lack of any details/pre production spy shots/ car show releases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Agree that 6 year model cycles are the "norm" and that would put the Tig up for renewal around now.

However I think what you'll find is that the Golf development was pushed through early on the MQB platform giving only 4 years in Mk6.

I seriously think that the Tig may get another midlife "facelift" before it gets brought onto the MQB platform. Golf is such a big seller that this development has been fast-tracked instead. Which has delayed the Tig...

VW couldn't afford to have an "old" Golf. They may bring some of the new engines into the MY15 Tig but I suspect the major mechanicals/body/size etc will be the same.

I'd love to be proven wrong but I suspect this is what is happening given the lack of any details/pre production spy shots/ car show releases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I am really hoping for some news one way or the other as I was planning to change cars in another 6 months or so...

One thing I won't be doing is trading in a car that is almost the same as the one I have - I want the MQB tech like active cruise ! Of course I was hoping that the 8" SatNav system will be available but you can't even get that in a Golf R at present, even though you can option it in a $25k Skoda Octavia. Sigh...
    MY18 Skoda Kodiaq TSI with Luxury and Tech packs.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by iamthestig View Post
    I am really hoping for some news one way or the other as I was planning to change cars in another 6 months or so...

One thing I won't be doing is trading in a car that is almost the same as the one I have - I want the MQB tech like active cruise ! Of course I was hoping that the 8" SatNav system will be available but you can't even get that in a Golf R at present, even though you can option it in a $25k Skoda Octavia. Sigh...
    I doubt you are going to hear anything in the next 6 months.

Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast