Thread: My Tiguan journey comes to an end tomorrow.

Users Country Flag

My Tiguan journey comes to an end tomorrow.

So after waiting 9 months to get it, owning it for 2 years and 9 months, it all comes to an end tomorrow. Why so soon? Well i had my heart set on getting a new SQ5 and thought getting one in the last couple of weeks of the FY would give the best chance of a deal. Alas i could not bring myself to stump up another 75k on top of my Tiggy, to get the Audi. But in new car searching and expanding my horizons, i stumbled across the new Focus ST and a quick test drive really sparked my interest. Fuggin thing goes and sounds loverly and i collect a brand new one tomorrow and the first one the supplying Ford dealer has sold.

So some quick thoughts on the Tiggy and the new Focus.

1. My white R Line is still a great looking car. The Focus, not so much.
    2. My bottom has never liked the drivers seat after about 20mins (and i have an ongoing coccyx issue).
    3. The Tiggy has been faultless, has not cost a penny more to run than std services and pretty economic (@7.5 lt/100 on a reasonable run).
    4. The Focus is not a VW, or Euro car of any sort really and will be the first Ford i have ever owned.
    5. The Focus is not a VW.
    6. The Focus is not a VW.

So that's my story and who knows where i will go in 3 years time, when i swap again,
    Last edited by colinmc400; 26-06-2020 at 05:02 PM.
    162 TSI + R-Line + DAP +Pure white. Ordered March 11th 2017. I'm built email Sept 9th 2017. I'm shipped email Sept 30th 2017. VIN received from dealer Oct 5th 2017. Arrived Fremantle October 24th. Finally delivered to me - Wednesday 15th November.

Users Country Flag
    You do realise the new Focus ST is Made In Germany! Access Denied

Did you get the manual or auto, I believe the Auto is the same price and is faster!!!

Great choice! I have owned a few Mondeo Titanium's in the past!
    Very good vehicles and trouble free.
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag
    That’s a bit of a change
    SUV to a sporty(ish) hatch back.
    Did you look at a Golf GTI or R?
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by ope126 View Post
    You do realise the new Focus ST is Made In Germany! Access Denied

Did you get the manual or auto, I believe the Auto is the same price and is faster!!!

Very good vehicles and trouble free.
    I got the Auto, as my daily commute is 95% freeway, with a decent chunk of stop start. Will miss not have the bangs and farts of the manual, as the auto doesn't do them apparently, but i will benefit from the auto every day on the way to work.
    162 TSI + R-Line + DAP +Pure white. Ordered March 11th 2017. I'm built email Sept 9th 2017. I'm shipped email Sept 30th 2017. VIN received from dealer Oct 5th 2017. Arrived Fremantle October 24th. Finally delivered to me - Wednesday 15th November.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

It is a change for sure, but when i look back at my last 5 or 6 new cars, i ended up buying features i never used. Once i decided i was not going to blow $115k on an SQ5, i went the other way and really paired down what i wanted the car to do this time. Can i fit my pushbike in the back with the seats down and will it put a smile on my face. The Focus does both, for $50k.

I did look at what you can get a new 2019 Golf GTI and even a Golf R Wagon for, but thought if i went Golf, it would be a 2020 Mk 8 and who the hell knows when they will be here. But i swap every 3 years, so everything is back on the table for next time.