Page 88 of 89 FirstFirst ... 387886878889 LastLast

Thread: My Tiguan has arrived and this is my experience so far

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by iDiesel View Post
    Numerous recalls
    1. Rear spoiler
    2. Rear springs
    3. Incorrect weld on rear shock absorber securing eye

Ive also had the electronic park brake switch and fuel filler surround replaced under warranty - both cracked
    Also had a rattling fuel line and both key fobs needed reprogramming
    Wow that's quite a few. Over what time frame did these all occur / get fixed ?

Users Country Flag
    Picked up the car in Sept 2018, first two recalls were within the first few months.
    Un/fortunately I missed out on the pano roof lights recall. I would have loved the led lighting in the roof.

The cracked fuel filler around first service, and the rest around second service.
    Touch wood no more...
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Are you saying your roof lights were disabled and then not re-enabled?

Or your car didn’t have them fitted?

If it is a 2018 build, I’d be very sure the lights are there.

Users Country Flag
    I've heard of some people getting a software update and having the LED lights enabled. I think some later model ones don't actually have the hardware installed.

My 2017 has the lights, they did do a recall to replace something but the lights are still active. I love them!

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

My 7/18 build allspace has the lights. They were disabled at purchase already, but the recall reactivated them.

Users Country Flag
    Yeah when our 18 Rline was recalled for the roof LEDs I expected them to be disabled but they still work. Also got a call from the stealer today for the Towbar recall, don't have one installed but still needs to go in for a sticker!
    Current: MkVI Golf GTI. Tiguan 162 Highline Pure white, DAP/Rline/Sun.
    Gone: Tiguan 103TDI.

The tow bar one is tricky. Depending when you bought your car (if new at the time) they are lowering the vehicle specification/ability. This may constitute a reason for the vehicle to no longer be fit for purpose (different than advertised)- if you’re going from a 200kg towball rating to the 30kg/60/100 nonsense.

I haven’t heard of any people being downgraded yet, but I can imagine it will happen.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonr23 View Post
    My 7/18 build allspace has the lights. They were disabled at purchase already, but the recall reactivated them.
    Not sure if mine has them or not. Mine is a 7/18 build Allspace
    Lights in the roof were never active and was not part of the recall
    Maybe I should ask the dealer and see what they say.

Quote Originally Posted by Simonr23 View Post
    The tow bar one is tricky. Depending when you bought your car (if new at the time) they are lowering the vehicle specification/ability. This may constitute a reason for the vehicle to no longer be fit for purpose (different than advertised)- if you’re going from a 200kg towball rating to the 30kg/60/100 nonsense.

I haven’t heard of any people being downgraded yet, but I can imagine it will happen.
    Yeah that is/was a major f%#@ up
    My rating plate says 100kg downball weight. My manual has an addendum that says 200kg....and then the whole 30/60/100kg thingo
    Last edited by iDiesel; 26-10-2020 at 08:14 PM.
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Definitely. I’m about 99.999% certain you have the lights. You may have to be proactive with the dealer and request the y action the recall work. It’s annoying for them to do this work, so they’ll be eager to lie and just say ‘not on your car’ ‘not possible’

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by iDiesel View Post

Yeah that is/was a major f%#@ up
    My rating plate says 100kg downball weight. My manual has an addendum that says 200kg....and then the whole 30/60/100kg thingo
    I went through the rating issue when I was purchasing and couldn't really get a straight answer. My rating plate for my MY20 162TSI R-line shows tongue download of 200kg. If they call me up to say it'll be downgraded, that will be a huge issue for me.

Page 88 of 89 FirstFirst ... 387886878889 LastLast