Page 87 of 89 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 LastLast

Thread: My Tiguan has arrived and this is my experience so far

Users Country Flag

I think they are like that because of the quarter window It has a different seal because it doesnt open and so cant be all one bit for the lot. I have weather shields and no noise from mine at all. However mine fit a lot better than those in the pics

I did Maroochydore to Brissy and back today 236km an d no noise whatever from my windows averaged over 100kph both ways so if it was going to do it it would have at that speed
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 21-06-2020 at 07:24 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Yeah it makes sense although it’s not like in my MK7 Golf where that part of window doesn’t open with the door. Anyway I think the noise is more of a mechanical noise after driving a bit more and might be just normal operational noise as other passengers don’t seem to notice it at all. I have my active info display with oil temp on but it seems to go up quite high quickly even when cruising on freeway - up to 106-107 Celsius degrees. Just an observation compared to MK6 GTI where it usually sits around 98 or 102-104 on a really hot day at rush hours.

Users Country Flag
    Tis owners review is very similar to my experience - enjoyable car to drive, love the tech compared to peers 3 years ago, but marred somewhat by some quality issues

2017 Volkswagen Tiguan 162 TSI Highline review | CarAdvice
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

That was a good article.
    I would’ve fought the washer pump failure at only 3yrs 3mth age- definitely a ‘fit for purpose/price’ claim.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by iDiesel View Post
    Tis owners review is very similar to my experience - enjoyable car to drive, love the tech compared to peers 3 years ago, but marred somewhat by some quality issues

What quality issues have you had with you Tiguan ?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by iDiesel View Post

This is actually my review. I submitted it a few weeks back and it was posted yesterday.

Just after submitting it, I started experiencing a DSG problem. I've applied for good will for the repair of the DSG (the dealer has on my behalf) and if there is any resistance then I will be getting them to factor in the cost of the washer pump as well.

I love the car, but it's been in for non-scheduled services a fair few times.

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladbach View Post
    This is actually my review. I submitted it a few weeks back and it was posted yesterday.

Just after submitting it, I started experiencing a DSG problem. I've applied for good will for the repair of the DSG (the dealer has on my behalf) and if there is any resistance then I will be getting them to factor in the cost of the washer pump as well.

I love the car, but it's been in for non-scheduled services a fair few times.
    Keep us updated on whether VW fix the DSG. Is the Tiguan still under warranty ?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by FastMitch View Post
    Keep us updated on whether VW fix the DSG. Is the Tiguan still under warranty ?
    No, the warranty ran out about 5 months ago.

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladbach View Post
    No, the warranty ran out about 5 months ago.
    A gearbox (even rubbish DSG) should last 10 years / 200,000 km.

You are covered under the ACL. Just take it straight to VCAT (only costs ~$70)

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by FastMitch View Post
    What quality issues have you had with you Tiguan ?
    Numerous recalls
    1. Rear spoiler
    2. Rear springs
    3. Incorrect weld on rear shock absorber securing eye

Ive also had the electronic park brake switch and fuel filler surround replaced under warranty - both cracked
    Also had a rattling fuel line and both key fobs needed reprogramming
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Page 87 of 89 FirstFirst ... 37778586878889 LastLast