Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Do you have an OBDEleven????
    Yes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MY19.5 Tiguan 162TSI,Pure White,R-Line,Sunroof,DAP

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ajobbins View Post
    Had my 162TSI R-Line for just over a month now. I do love driving it, but the throttle lag is starting to bother me more and more. I've been driving my wife's 2017 Golf 110TSI Highline the last couple of days and that actually feels noticeably more responsive than the Tig. It will be perception only, but that lag actually makes the Tiguan feel slower than the Golf around town, and in a couple of cases I've found it borderline dangerous when I've gone to change lanes to overtake and the lag has meant another car has then beaten me into a lane change or I haven't been able to pick up speed as fast as I should have against other approaching traffic in the lane. You can get used to it and can compensate, but it's not ideal. Is a lot better in Sport, but you can't really use that around town as it holds the gear way too long after you've come off the accelerator.
    Strange. After having a Diesel Passat i find the Tig really responsive but then I dont drive in traffic a lot and not aggressively if I do
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Does Tiguan highline auto lock itself after parking and walking away with the keys?

Users Country Flag
    No that Ive seen My MY19 certainly doesnt. You have to touch the door handle to lock it

Quote Originally Posted by Sudoku View Post
    Does Tiguan highline auto lock itself after parking and walking away with the keys?
    I think there might be a VCDS tweak for it, but not 100%

Users Country Flag
    I vaguely remember that the car used to lock itself when I bought it without any vcds tweak..but this feature doesn't seem to work anymore..

Users Country Flag
    I think it auto locks after maybe 30 seconds if you unlock the car but don’t open any doors
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by iDiesel View Post
    I think it auto locks after maybe 30 seconds if you unlock the car but don’t open any doors
    Correct but has to be locked prior My Passat was the same

I've been driving my Tiguan for a week now. I have a few questions:

1. The built-in maps suck. For example it cannot even find my home address when I type it in but when I'm at home it tells me my street but but Sydney instead my suburb. Is there a way to update the map? I use Apple Car play and Google maps, which is fine but sometimes I haven't remembered to plug my phone in before taking off.

2. My commute to work is 5.5km away, mostly through slow moving stop/start traffic. Does turning off auto stop/start save fuel when driving like this? I heard there's a way to disable this permanently. What is the latest on that? Also I've heard on some cars you can engage cruise control in stop/start traffic and they will self-drive to keep up with the car in front. Can the Tiguan do this?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Toe Rag View Post
    I've been driving my Tiguan for a week now. I have a few questions:

1. The built-in maps suck. For example it cannot even find my home address when I type it in but when I'm at home it tells me my street but but Sydney instead my suburb. Is there a way to update the map? I use Apple Car play and Google maps, which is fine but sometimes I haven't remembered to plug my phone in before taking off.

2. My commute to work is 5.5km away, mostly through slow moving stop/start traffic. Does turning off auto stop/start save fuel when driving like this? I heard there's a way to disable this permanently. What is the latest on that? Also I've heard on some cars you can engage cruise control in stop/start traffic and they will self-drive to keep up with the car in front. Can the Tiguan do this?
    1What map version do you have Latest is Ver P85 2020 aus/nz Are you entering the info correctly City first etc Be careful as some areas are their own city designation Go to Navigation/settings /version information to find out what you have

Link to latest map Dload Unzip copy to 32GB SD card stick in unit in glovebox https://redirect.viglink.com/?format...S5MIBH3_ROW.7z

2 what it saves is outweighed by inconvenience Yes it needs an OBDEleven device and the correct program Ask if anyone in your area has one and will do it for beers Only takes about 2 mins Cant be done in an MY20 apparently

Yes you can use ADAPTIVE ACC however in QLD traffic you will find 3 cars in the gap it leaves even at closest setting. I only use it on the highway where its marvelous
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 18-03-2020 at 02:39 PM.

Page 84 of 89 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast