Page 86 of 89 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast

Thread: My Tiguan has arrived and this is my experience so far

Users Country Flag

I'll 2nd that, sports mode is very handy when constantly turning corners etc (back streets). Again before overtaking QUICK FLICK into sports mode is handy. Need to get in the habit of it and get used to it otherwise the normal driving mode can get very very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladbach View Post
    I found that my Stage 1 tune has improved that a lot (more torque, so less reliant on the DSG having to drop down a gear).

What I have found though from driving DSG vehicles for 15 years is to become used to shifting in and out of sport mode when required. e.g. if you're going to do a quick lane change, flick into sports mode - the DSG drops down a gear or two and you get good throttle response.

I’ve just picked up an MY20 Allspace with 3 options today. I also can feel that lag when driving in D but I guess I’m sort of used to it having driven around in MK6 GTI for 10 years now. I noticed though a soft wind-like noise (no turbo whistle/wastegate rattle) as if aircorn gushes out constantly whenever I put my foot down. It’s not a hissing noise. Is this normal characteristic of this 7 speed DSG?

Another one for Allspace owners, I notice that the rubber seal around inside front and rear windows seem to be cut as if it was purposely done to make them easy to remove. But it just seems a bit out of place and unsightly. Did you guys notice that too? I’ve got a photo but just need to figure out how to upload it here.

Edit: or noise of 4 motion working??

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubbed12 View Post
    I’ve just picked up an MY20 Allspace with 3 options today. I also can feel that lag when driving in D but I guess I’m sort of used to it having driven around in MK6 GTI for 10 years now. I noticed though a soft wind-like noise (no turbo whistle/wastegate rattle) as if aircorn gushes out constantly whenever I put my foot down. It’s not a hissing noise. Is this normal characteristic of this 7 speed DSG?

Another one for Allspace owners, I notice that the rubber seal around inside front and rear windows seem to be cut as if it was purposely done to make them easy to remove. But it just seems a bit out of place and unsightly. Did you guys notice that too? I’ve got a photo but just need to figure out how to upload it here.

Edit: or noise of 4 motion working??
    Go to advanced scroll down to manage attachments and click on it and go from there easy as
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Go to advanced scroll down to manage attachments and click on it and go from there easy as
    Thanks for that. I was on a mobile site and switched to full site and now can see the option but it says the file type jpg is invalid. I’ll have a go again later. But it looks like the rubber seal is cut in the middle of the strip where it’s clearly visible from inside although you’d have to look for it. It’s all like that around all rubber seals around inside windows. Maybe for a tech or anyone to remove it easily without removing the door panels? It’s very unsightly.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubbed12 View Post
    Thanks for that. I was on a mobile site and switched to full site and now can see the option but it says the file type jpg is invalid. I’ll have a go again later. But it looks like the rubber seal is cut in the middle of the strip where it’s clearly visible from inside although you’d have to look for it. It’s all like that around all rubber seals around inside windows. Maybe for a tech or anyone to remove it easily without removing the door panels? It’s very unsightly.
    Well on mine it says VALID File extensions JPG IT might be too large keep it below about 3 mb

Thanks, my photos on iPhone 11 are not valid but I took screenshots of them and those ones could be uploaded.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Tiguan has arrived and this is my experience so far-42ec558f-36dd-4693-87f7-ad42e34ec8dd-jpg   My Tiguan has arrived and this is my experience so far-6f880226-6349-4a9f-a0be-b8869065cea4-jpg  

Users Country Flag
    Are you sure the marks arent just moulding marks

No it’s actually the rubber strip that’s around inside window. They are all cut and in one of my previous photos I actually pulled out a bit as it was sticking out and thought it was some sort of glue left sticking out. Anyway I found a YouTube video that’s testing wind noise and he also has that mark where the strip is cut. I’m thinking my other noise issue like air gushing in might be due to this. It actually reminded me of how bad wind noise was in the test drive car especially on freeway. I just thought it was unusually loud. I might go down to a dealership nearby to have a look later today.

YouTube

Edit: I should mention that the rubber seals around rear door windows look like they have been joined by placing a small piece of rubber on top so it looks more like a moulding mark and while they are unsightly, driver side window seal is actually sticking out that made me to pull out a bit. It could be pushed back in but obviously doesn’t stick to the metal frame.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Tiguan has arrived and this is my experience so far-094651da-9355-43e6-bb5a-b40a91cbb78b-jpg   My Tiguan has arrived and this is my experience so far-7c100aeb-0cef-47e2-a0a5-de0ad111772c-jpg  

My Tiguan has arrived and this is my experience so far-ba841024-055a-4d3f-89dd-9f698570c4d4-jpg  
    Last edited by vdubbed12; 20-06-2020 at 10:47 AM.

Users Country Flag
    My Tiguan has arrived and this is my experience so far-img_20200620_151529-jpg. My Tiguan has arrived and this is my experience so far-img_20200620_151552-jpg

This is what they look like in mine.
    May 20 - Nov 19 MY20 Tiguan 162 TSI
    May 16 - Apr 16 Mazda 3 Sp25 GT - 2020 hail storm write-off
    May 13 - 2013 Mk7 Golf Highline.
    May 10 - 2009 Falcon G6E with beige leather.

Quote Originally Posted by Nauend View Post
    My Tiguan has arrived and this is my experience so far-img_20200620_151529-jpg. My Tiguan has arrived and this is my experience so far-img_20200620_151552-jpg

This is what they look like in mine.
    Thanks very much for uploading the photos, so it’s not just mine. I guess it’s designed that way. I had a look at my MK6 GTI and couldn’t see it because of speakers at that spot but the ones around the rear door windows are joined more seamlessly.

Now I need to find out if the noise I hear on acceleration is normal... maybe it’s just operational noise.

Page 86 of 89 FirstFirst ... 36768485868788 ... LastLast