Page 85 of 89 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast

Thread: My Tiguan has arrived and this is my experience so far

I'm not sure what version I have. See photo here. Does that mean version 76?

Thanks, I shall update that.

OK I have a MY20 so I guess that rules me out. No big deal was just wondering..

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Toe Rag View Post
    I'm not sure what version I have. See photo here. Does that mean version 76?

Thanks, I shall update that.

OK I have a MY20 so I guess that rules me out. No big deal was just wondering..
    Yes than map is two versions old has been 79 and latest since then
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Does anyone know why lane assist only seems to engage (light turns green) when driving above about 60km/hr? I've only ever seen it elsewhere on a friends car - where it works down to about 10km/hr, so not sure how it's supposed to work on the Tiguan..

Users Country Flag
    Thats how its set
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

If you have TJA it works from standstill- if you’re using the cruise control.
    But it works better at higher speeds- just part of the camera systems design. It needs frequent picture/location updates to calculate how much/where/when to steer. The more distance you cover between each image, the better the end result.
    In the city and going through intersections make it temporarily disable anyway.
    Last edited by Simonr23; 09-06-2020 at 05:37 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Toe Rag View Post
    Does anyone know why lane assist only seems to engage (light turns green) when driving above about 60km/hr? I've only ever seen it elsewhere on a friends car - where it works down to about 10km/hr, so not sure how it's supposed to work on the Tiguan..
    it will engage automatically at 60km/h+, but to have it active below that speed, i believe the only option is to manually activate acc (and therefore lane assist) below those speeds (i think that's the 'traffic jam assist' function?)

Thanks guys, I’ll give traffic jam assist a go next time.

Yesterday coming home in long weekend holiday traffic was the first real opportunity I’ve had to test it out in start stop traffic on a motorway so it’s still a learning curve.

Users Country Flag
    Yeah, need to activate ACC for TJA to work below the +60km mark
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Users Country Flag
    Had my MY20 Allspace 162 Highline for a few months now and have done close to 5,000kms. Less than expected as I am not commuting to work at the moment due to COVID.

Really, really bothered by the DSG lag and general lack of responsiveness. I tried the OBDeleven tweak to improve throttle response, barely notice any difference. I then added a DTE Pedalbox which helps with the throttle pedal don't feel like a sponge, but obviously doesn't help the DSG to react, especially for situations like overtaking where putting your foot down it feels like well over a second before the vehcile actually responds (actually quite dangerous at times), but even generally when you need to pick up a bit of speed it's just frustratingly unresponsive.

I'd be seriously thinking about a DSG tune if I hadn't had DSG issues in another vehicle that led to major repairs under warranty.
    MY20 Tiguan Allspace Highline R-Line, S&V and Sunroof in Deep Black
    MY17 Golf TSI Highline with DAP in Deep Black

Users Country Flag

I found that my Stage 1 tune has improved that a lot (more torque, so less reliant on the DSG having to drop down a gear).

What I have found though from driving DSG vehicles for 15 years is to become used to shifting in and out of sport mode when required. e.g. if you're going to do a quick lane change, flick into sports mode - the DSG drops down a gear or two and you get good throttle response.

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

Page 85 of 89 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast