Page 77 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast

Thread: My Tiguan has arrived and this is my experience so far

Users Country Flag

Some of the differences between the Allspace are surprising... even the bonnets are different.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by MickyD View Post
    Some of the differences between the Allspace are surprising... even the bonnets are different.
    Shouldnt be as they are all the same from front to firewall
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Shouldnt be as they are all the same from front to firewall
    theyre different. allspace bonnet has a chamfered edge
    MY09 MKV Golf R32 | Black Pearl | Recaros | Sunroof | RNS510 | Purchased Feb '10 | Sold Jul '17
    MY19 MKII Tiguan Highline 162TSI | Indium Grey | S&V | Pano Roof | R-Line | Purchased Nov '18

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by daz32 View Post
    theyre different. allspace bonnet has a chamfered edge
    OK but I am interested in the other end as want an alloy protector on the bumper and seller says it only fits the Chinese L model which is actually an Allspace built in China.
    Are the taildoors the same and the top of the rear bumper.

Users Country Flag
    Dealer is partly right There are NO REAR mudflaps for an Rline Because the rear bumper is a bit different due to wheel arch rolls

Here are the pics including part number Tiguan Rline Mudflaps - Google Drive
    Thanks for the pics

Looking at your front mud flap, it looks like you have only 1 screw holding it in place yet the instruction manual shows 3 screws ??

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by FastMitch View Post
    Thanks for the pics

Looking at your front mud flap, it looks like you have only 1 screw holding it in place yet the instruction manual shows 3 screws ??
    Yes I just did it temporarily as the dealer wanted to see what it looked like and my battery drill was flat Read the insructions ONE SCREW ONLY There is the one screw and 5 plastic plugs which you need to drill 8mm (No other size will do) 4 in the fronts and 1 underneath Dont push it in more than necessary as its into soft stuff. Make sure the liitle lip at top inner is up against the black mudguard roll as putting the screw in tight with that in right place locates it to drill the other holes

Have also just finished putting 3m clear protective film on all the door sills and the alloy strips with the light in them so nothing gets scratched.

Also did the rear bumper down to the garnish strip and rolled it over the top and will put a fibreglass protector on there as piece i had wasnt wide enough to go right in to boot door seal

Here is the link to a fully installed mudflap 20190414_101126[1].jpg - Google Drive

You of course cant see the one underneath and if you are clever you can install them without removing the wheel Just need a 90deg drill converter LOL Lots of fun
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 14-04-2019 at 10:17 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Have also just finished putting 3m clear protective film on all the door sills and the alloy strips with the light in them so nothing gets scratched.

Also did the rear bumper down to the garnish strip and rolled it over the top and will put a fibreglass protector on there as piece i had wasnt wide enough to go right in to boot door seal
    Do you have before and after photo's of the protective coverings ?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by FastMitch View Post
    Do you have before and after photo's of the protective coverings ?
    No I havent but it doesnt look any different because unless you really look closely you cant see them as they are transparent.

Will take a couple of pics later

Users Country Flag
    Hi guys,
    Received a 2019 Tiguan the other day and I love it, but there's one tiny thing I can't work out. How do you display the time on the dashboard? I've gone through all the settings and combinations as far as I can tell, and the best I can do is get the date to display on the dash (which seems to show up in the top right if you choose the media option in the right hand display section). I can't see an option to show the time on the dash or on the center screen....

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hansel View Post
    Hi guys,
    Received a 2019 Tiguan the other day and I love it, but there's one tiny thing I can't work out. How do you display the time on the dashboard? I've gone through all the settings and combinations as far as I can tell, and the best I can do is get the date to display on the dash (which seems to show up in the top right if you choose the media option in the right hand display section). I can't see an option to show the time on the dash or on the center screen....
    Time shows in top centre of AID when I open the door even before turning the ign on

Pages 27 and 33 in the manual 27 tells you how to set it and 33 how to show it
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 01-05-2019 at 09:56 AM.

Page 77 of 89 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987 ... LastLast