Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: My Tiguan has arrived and this is my experience so far

Quote Originally Posted by Gladbach View Post
    Park assist is standard throughout the whole range, so not sure why it's being argued as a useless DAP feature.
    Exactly.
    +1 for ACC as the key factor for DAP option, as I've also mentioned in a previous post elsewhere. Area view is also pretty cool and a surprisingly useful feature. Finally, Active Info Display is basically the cherry on top for me 😀

Picked up a 110tdi with DAP and luxury package and I'm loving everything about it, except for knowing that it is detuned. Anyone know of anywhere that could do a good tune?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users Country Flag
    We have had our 140TDI Highline, R-Line with all features for 5 days now and absolutely love it. We had asked for the tow bar to be installed as well. Smooth drive, love the pano roof amazing, in love with the cluster (want to fit it in my golf), internal space and the options to adjust seating etc is amazing. Power is plenty enough for the wife and the electronic features are incredible.

Few things for potential buyers to note:
    - The load liner accessory doesn't fit, we had asked for this as part of our deal and when it arrived tried it and it will cause damage to your trim as its not flexible and prevents the rear tail from closing, in addition you have to move the rear seats forward to fit it. So we ended up getting the tray instead.
    - Tow bar. When you remove the tongue and attempt to put the hitch cover on the one supplied does not fit an R-Line rear bar. It will cause you to push your bar in to fit so an internal hitch cover is required.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by RYD11R View Post
    We have had our 140TDI Highline, R-Line with all features for 5 days now and absolutely love it. We had asked for the tow bar to be installed as well. Smooth drive, love the pano roof amazing, in love with the cluster (want to fit it in my golf), internal space and the options to adjust seating etc is amazing. Power is plenty enough for the wife and the electronic features are incredible.

- The load liner accessory doesn't fit, we had asked for this as part of our deal and when it arrived tried it and it will cause damage to your trim as its not flexible and prevents the rear tail from closing, in addition you have to move the rear seats forward to fit it. So we ended up getting the tray instead.
    - Tow bar. When you remove the tongue and attempt to put the hitch cover on the one supplied does not fit an R-Line rear bar. It will cause you to push your bar in to fit so an internal hitch cover is required.
    Hi RYD11R, based on the above assume it's a horizontal tow bar? Did they cut the rear bumper? I've got a 162 rline on order in tungsten and want a tow on it as well. The dealer I've been working with hasn't had to install one on an rline as yet so couldn't tell me much without talking to the service area. Any chance of getting a photo of the tow bar? Thanks
    Tiguan 162TSI Highline Indium | R-Line pack | DAP | Tow pack |
    Octavia 2012 vRS | TDI | White | DSG | Tow pack |

Users Country Flag
    Any chance of pics of the problem areas of the load liner while you are at it too?
    Sounds like I should reconsider getting the liner.

Users Country Flag
    I've had the 132 Comfortline for nearly two months. More than happy. DAP is a must even if you don't use all the features. I love the all around camera views where you can select which part of the car to look at. A feature that I did not know about is the rear camera washer. Put the car in reverse and set the rear wiper to wash and the camera gets a scrub n tub too. You can see it on the monitor. Good if you frequent dirt roads especially if they are wet.

Users Country Flag
    love the pano roof amazing
    Are you finding issues with heat coming through the sunroof on hot days? Do you find it annoying that the internal cover isn't total blackout?

I sat in one a few weeks ago on a mid 20s day and as I am tall my head was very near the roof and the heat coming through was distinctly noticeable and the metal strip at the front end of the internal blind was almost burning to the touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

Hey mate, could you specify which one of these three liners you've got? Cheers
    My Tiguan has arrived and this is my experience so far-screen-shot-2016-12-18-11-40-33-am-jpg

Users Country Flag
    Hi All,

Apologies for the delayed reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf View Post
    Hi RYD11R, based on the above assume it's a horizontal tow bar? Did they cut the rear bumper? I've got a 162 rline on order in tungsten and want a tow on it as well. The dealer I've been working with hasn't had to install one on an rline as yet so couldn't tell me much without talking to the service area. Any chance of getting a photo of the tow bar? Thanks
    Hi Beowulf,

Yes the rear bar has to be cut to put on the Aus approved tow bar which was a shame. However due to it being an inclusion in our deal I thought why not get it as we will definitely require one eventually. My 2 cents, it does not look as good as the standard rear bar alone especially with the tongue in, however with the tongue removed and a proper hitch cover installed (purchased aftermarket as one supplied will not fit) it still decent.

Quote Originally Posted by NjB View Post
    Are you finding issues with heat coming through the sunroof on hot days? Do you find it annoying that the internal cover isn't total blackout?

I sat in one a few weeks ago on a mid 20s day and as I am tall my head was very near the roof and the heat coming through was distinctly noticeable and the metal strip at the front end of the internal blind was almost burning to the touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ahhh we were using the car during our nice 30+ degree weather and had no problems with heat coming through, the internal cover does block out the heat and light well, not as bad as the cover in my golf R. I did like the pano roof lighting which I only noticed on the weekend, but the roof itself is a massive draw card. End of the day it would vary how you as an individual find heat and lighting tolerable, for us its barely noticeable and night time if closed people don’t even realise you have a pano roof. Keep in mind thou in an R-Line the interior trims are all black including roof lining and plastics, this could be another reason why it’s not an issue?

Quote Originally Posted by VWVY View Post
    Any chance of pics of the problem areas of the load liner while you are at it too?
    Sounds like I should reconsider getting the liner.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogasaursas View Post
    Hey mate, could you specify which one of these three liners you've got? Cheers

Hi Gents,

Ok so using the screen shot provided… We ordered the BOOT TRAY VARIABLE LOADING FLOOR, however the rear of it cuts into the pillars (marked with circles) and overlaps the tailgate where the hatch needs to lock (marked with x). We ended up going to the BOOT MAT VARIABLE LOADING FLOOR as it is more flexible, covers the area appropriately and didn’t look as ugly as the BOOT TRAY. Additionally note the BOOT TRAY requires some extra clips provided to be installed onto rear seat backing to hold the rear stable, I also noticed to make the netting fit post would be difficult as the tray blocks the mounting points for the net.

Last edited by RYD11R; 19-12-2016 at 06:47 AM.

Users Country Flag

Ahhh we were using the car during our nice 30+ degree weather and had no problems with heat coming through, the internal cover does block out the heat and light well, not as bad as the cover in my golf R. I did like the pano roof lighting which I only noticed on the weekend, but the roof itself is a massive draw card. End of the day it would vary how you as an individual find heat and lighting tolerable, for us its barely noticeable and night time if closed people don’t even realise you have a pano roof. Keep in mind thou in an R-Line the interior trims are all black including roof lining and plastics, this could be another reason why it’s not an issue?
    Yeah black would make a difference in terms of light blocking I suppose.

Page 2 of 89 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast