Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: my journey to activating DLA on a MY17 Tiguan

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BinChook View Post
    Not sure if this has been covered previously, it's in regards to the highway/"country light" setting with DLA (see Audi's teminlogy).

Previously with DLA activated, I had the issue of the RHS lights always being on low beam at speeds above 80kmph, that is the "country light" pattern. Great if you are on the Hume, not so great when on a two lane B or C road in the country.

I've played with Module 4B as described in instructions in this thread and disabled Byte 10, Bit # for "Highway_light" via long coding. Counter-intuitively, I've now got the "motorway" beam pattern for all scenarios with the usual adaptive beam forming for masking traffic ahead or oncoming cars. Less useful on the Hume/split carriage-ways, but great for back roads.

my long coding for this mod in Module 4B is now "0000 00 05 01 00 08 56 07 10 57 05 0A" - this was implemented and tested in a MY18 SWB R-line with "mid" lights. No faults recorded

I did the whole head unit reboot, factory reset light settings and "basic setting" routine after making the change.

Hope that helps people if they find they have dipped RHS beams at speeds above 80kmph.

Ta

BinChook

Attachment 47143
    Gents. Are you certain that turning off Byte 10, Bit 3 under 4B, for Highway light is what removed the Country light and added the Motorway light? I ask, because, I've setup DLA on my Arteon and currently have the Country Light setting. I absolutely hate it. Most of my driving at night is done on dark highways with almost no traffic and I'd much prefer the Motorway light.

I was testing last night, and sure enough, I did indeed have Highway light checked on under Byte 10, Bit 3. I un-checked the setting, saved, and still had the Country Light on. I checked it back on again to see if that would change, and nothing. Still country light. This setting does nothing for me.

I was under the impression that the "Highway Light" bit under 4B has nothing to do with DLA or high beams. From everything I've read, that setting simply makes your main beams raise a bit at highway speeds. If that is the case, I don't see what this would have to with the high beams or DLA. I'm thinking there may be another setting that I am missing somewhere and would love to find it and turn it off.

Thanks for your help!

Users Country Flag
    If anyone wants to code a 17 Tiguan in Sydney cause they are just great guys just let Me know. Because I have no idea wtf you guys are talking about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2010 MY11 GOLF R - 5DR | DSG | RISING BLUE | DYNAUDIO + ACC + BLUETOOTH + 19s + RNS510 |

2017 MY17 TIGUAN HIGHLINE - 5DR | DSG | PEARL BLACK | SUNROOF + DAP |

Users Country Flag
    Hey guys, hoping someone can help please, I've followed the instructions and all seems to go well & I can get it to complete with no errors. The lights dance on start up & when they point out there is a big dark space in the middle. BUT I am still only getting the HBA icon, which is the letter A is inside the light. For DLA the letter A should be on the outside right? Can you guys that have it working confirm what the icon should look like please? Prior to trying to enable DLA I had successfully enabled HBA...Im using OBD11 & my long coding is as follows:
    Module 09:
    Module 4B:
    000000050900084E07104F050A0000.....HAVE ALSO TRIED 000000050100075607106F0500....
    Module A5:
    000307060000010100022346C150A90098000E300040

I've uploaded a vid plus some screenshots to DropBox
    Last edited by TIG162R; 08-05-2020 at 06:06 PM.
    MY18 Tiguan 162TSI, Deep Black Pearl, R-Line, Sunroof, DAP | Ordered 6th Jan 17 | Delivered Nov 17

I’m not sure if this helps, but in my allspace (factory DLA) it only has an ‘a’ inside the headlight symbol on the dashboard- to say the lights are in HBA/DLA mode Vs ‘normal’ mode (no ‘a’ inside the headlight symbol).
    So I think your car is doing the correct thing already.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonr23 View Post
    I’m not sure if this helps, but in my allspace (factory DLA) it only has an ‘a’ inside the headlight symbol on the dashboard- to say the lights are in HBA/DLA mode Vs ‘normal’ mode (no ‘a’ inside the headlight symbol).
    So I think your car is doing the correct thing already.
    Mine is the same
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Thanks guys, so just to confirm, your icon looks like this on the dash yeah?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails my journey to activating DLA on a MY17 Tiguan-20200508_173829-jpg  
    MY18 Tiguan 162TSI, Deep Black Pearl, R-Line, Sunroof, DAP | Ordered 6th Jan 17 | Delivered Nov 17

Hi, from my obs on the Tiguan the setting for Byte 10 Bit 3 stops the right hand side light from reverting to normal beam at speeds above 100km/h.

With that setting checked on between 80-100 I get DLA with both sides working on adaptive, steering high beam. At speeds above 100 the right hand side reverts to normal beam only, but the left side maintains adaptive, steering high beam.

With that setting checked off I get both sides with adaptive, steering high beam at all speeds >80km/h

I cannot think of any other changes I have made that might affect this. I took some time to verify this specific change. Did you do a light reset and head unit reset?

Legend! Finally got DLA working properly!

Quote Originally Posted by phonebooth View Post
    Here are the instructions I've sent to other users to get DLA working on a '19 Tiguan Highline. Credit to AS Coding @ www.ascoding.ch as my instructions are based on his/hers but with the required changes for the '19 Highline.

Sorry it's so long but I've documented each step I took in detail. Here we go...

Module 09 - Central Electrics

1. Connect OBD Eleven to your car.
    2. Turn the ignition on, not the engine! These changes won't apply if the engine is on. I've tried it.
    3. Go to central electrics module 09.
    4. Select adaptions from the list.
    5. Find "Fernlicht_Assistent" and go into that menu.
    6. Change "Erweiterte Fernlichtsteuerung" to AFS FLA Fernlicht (GLW:MDF).
    7. Change "Menusteuerung Fernlichtassistent" to present.
    8. Change "Menusteuerung Fernlichtassistent Worksteinstellung" to present.
    9. Save your adaptions using the green tick.

Module A5 - Front Sensor

1. Got to module A5 - Front Sensor.
    2. From the list select "long coding".
    3. At the top of the page click the little 0|1 to go into Byte/Bit format.
    4. Find byte 19. Change it to hex value 30. You can change the hex values by tapping on the hex value in the app.
    5. Find byte 21. Change it to hex value 40.
    6. Save your coding using the green tick.

Module 4B - Multifunction Module

1. Go to module 4B.
    2. In the list, select long coding.
    3. At the top of the page click the little 0|1 to go into Byte/Bit format.
    4. Go to byte 9. Change the hex value to 10.
    5. Go into byte 10. Tap the checkbox on bit 6 to enable it. Make sure bit 5 is unticked.
    6. Go to byte 11. Tap the checkbox on bit 2 to enable it.
    7. Use the green tick to save your adaptions.

BEFORE YOU GO ANY FURTHER...

1. Soft reset your head unit by holding the power button until the head unit powers down then powers back on. You can stop holding the power button when you see the VW logo appear.
    2. On the head unit go to Menu > Vehicle > Factory Defaults > Lights

Running headlight basic settings

1. Go to module 4B.
    2. From the list, select faults.
    3. You will see a fault saying "No headlight basic setting" or similar.
    4. Down the bottom of your phone screen you'll see a red circle with a trash can. Tap on hold on it. This will try to clear the fault. On mine, the fault didn't clear but this seems to be a mandatory step.
    5. Get out of your car and ensure it's on level ground.
    6. Go back to the module 4B main menu.
    7. In the list of options go to "basic settings"
    8. You'll get another list with some settings you can run.
    9. Tap "Headlight basic settings".
    10. Tap and hold the green tick at the bottom of your screen. You'll notice the headlights pivot out a tiny bit.
    11. Go back to the basic settings menu. Select "acknowledge headlight basic settings" (or similar).
    12. Tap and hold the green tick at the bottom of your screen. The headlights will pivot back to a "normal" position.
    13. Go back to the module 4B main screen and go back into faults.
    14. The headlight basic settings fault is still there. This is the moment of truth. Tap and hold the red circle again. Your headlights should dance and the fault should clear.

Go back into the car and run your head unit reset and light factory default again just for good measure. Turn the ignition off, then back on. You should be fault free and enjoying DLA!

Thanks so much for the detailed instructions Phonebooth!
    I had attempted it with instructions found on the OBD forum, but it never quite got there.
    Followed yours to the T, and it all went through, cleared any errors, and worked perfectly, so much appreciated.

Is there a way to have the default mode (when the DLA isn't active) set to highway lights? (I believe that is the best for forward vision is it not?) As for the majority of my commute there is too much traffic for the DLA to really do it's thing. It is very cool when it does kick in, but when it's not engaged, I still find the distance lit up by the lights to be very short, and would appreciate a more focused beam in front of the car.

(Even since doing this mod I have noticed an improvement in the height of my lights, previously they would only come to the bottom of the rear bumper of most cars/utes, whereas now it comes closer to the number plate, which is what I believe it should do)

Users Country Flag
    If you go into long coding and change it to English and go down there is a setting for Highway_ lights and in mine its enabled.

If you go further down there is another setting for highway_lights ( notice difference) and it is disabled Maybe try enabling that
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 06-07-2020 at 11:01 AM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag

Moved my post
    Last edited by nibose; 08-09-2020 at 10:08 PM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast