Page 1 of 118 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks

Links and Index of VCDS Tweaks
    Last edited by tigger73; 28-10-2018 at 01:33 PM.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks

Hi guys,

Thought I'd start a thread on any VCDS tweaks people have had success with. I assume most of the ones that work for the Mk7 Golf would also work but will be great to know which ones actually do work! Any screenshots, pictures, videos associated with the tweaks would be great! I'll let you guys know which ones work when I get my car and get around to borrowing/buying a cable!

These are the ones I'm keen to do on my Tiguan when it arrives:
    1) Deactivation of auto stop/start
    2) Memory retention of seat heater setting
    3) Deactivation of seat belt reminder
    4) Activation of Volkswagen Traffic Message Channel
    5) Driving school mode
    6) Air-conditioning recirculation memory setting

BTW, courtesy of DV52, here is the
    Mk7 Golf VCDS reference thread: MkVII VCDS Tweak - Reference thread
    He has uploaded a full BCM database, thanks to VWVY for providing his car: Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks - Page 8

CONFIRMED working VCDS tweaks:
    Activation of Volkswagen Traffic Message Channel: Mk7 Golf TSI & TDI - Observations and Questions - Page 56
    Deactivation of auto stop/start (courtesy DV52 and VYWY - post #94, exactly the same way as Mk Golf 7)

CONFIRMED working OBD11 tweaks:
    Some cosmetic changes to AID and central MFD
    (courtesy NZ_GolfR): Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks - Page 26 & Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks - Page 10 & Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks

More tweaks: LED lights in door mirrors, DRL adjustments, refuel quanity, fan speed indicator when in auto, changing comfort blink amount, guage sweep, beep when locking/unlocking car (cheers bestyjny): Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks

Screen nag deactivation (cheers VWVY): Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks

Active Lane Guidance intervention settings (cheers Fried_noodles)A guide to enable EU specific features for AU Spec Tiguans

Light Assist (NZ_GolfR): A guide to enable EU specific features for AU Spec Tiguans

TMC, DRL option in Head Unit, Auto window closing, Dynamic Road Sign display(Cheers hoola): A guide to enable EU specific features for AU Spec Tiguans

Easy Entry/Easy Exit seat function (NZ_GolfR):
    http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f238/mk2-tiguan-vcds-tweaks-116815-18.html#post1239603

360* Camera for Discover Media infotainment systems (Hugo_nz): Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks

Always on rear tail light DRLs (NZ_GolfR): Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks

Air-conditioning recirculation memory setting: Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks

3rd rear brake light activation, Door mirror LED on with folding of mirrors, cornering fog light speed sensitivity: Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks

Haldex AWD system adjustment: Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks

Key Fob works when outside the car even whilst engine running (allows you to get the car running to precondition the interior and walk away with a locked vehicle): Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks

Driving School Mode: Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks

Deactivate the Prevention of cars overtaking on the Right (Tigger73): Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks
    - This tweak is helpful on the freeway when you are not in the right lane and approach a slower car driving in the right lane.
    Usually the car slows to the other cars speed (annoying if the car in the right lane travelling at 100km/hr in a 110km/hr zone) and does not proceed past them.
    Deactivating this setting allows you to continue at your predetermined cruise control speed and pass the car in the right hand lane.

Reduce throttle tip-in delay and improve responsiveness:
    Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks

Hillbilly's list of things tweaks that have worked: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XT_...TPRJFZyeG/view
    Additional things in that list include:
    - Puddles in mirrors when reversing
    - Enable change navigation whilst car is moving
    - Adjust speed in dash to be correct for cars with 20" wheels
    - Dynamic Light Assist (courtesy of Phonebooth) - I have tried this and unfortunately does not work for me

AutoInstruct's OBD11/VCDS tweaks:
    https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/manu...n-vcds-tweaks/
    https://www.autoinstruct.com.au/manu...n-vcds-tweaks/
    Stemei.de coding: https://www.stemei.de/pages/coding/vw-tiguan-ii-ad.php
    Record of NZ_GolfR's tweaks:
    https://oncall-my.sharepoint.com/per...ding%20Changes
    Last edited by veew; 23-08-2020 at 11:22 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks veew. Really keen to know if number 4 works!

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

Users Country Flag
    Agreed please fully document these and more.

An aside question. Would any of these changes have a negative impact on our VW warrantee?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Ordered: 2017 build date Tiguan 162 TSI Highline with DAP in Tungsten Silver and rear luggage tray. ETA: late April / Early May. I did not have to wait. I took delivery on 11 March 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Delewin View Post
    An aside question. Would any of these changes have a negative impact on our VW warrantee?

It's just selecting an option that is already available in their software so there should be no issues with warranty. You can get the dealer to set these for you too if you ask nicely (and you know the option that you want enabled/disabled).

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Thank you tigger73 for the update.

Ordered: 2017 build date Tiguan 162 TSI Highline with DAP in Tungsten Silver and rear luggage tray. ETA: late April / Early May. I did not have to wait. I took delivery on 11 March 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    You can get the dealer to set these for you too if you ask nicely (and you know the option that you want enabled/disabled).
    I've asked the dealer once to do a few tweaks, they said their systems don't have the ability or access to these specific options.
    Current:
    2017 Mk2 Tiguan 162TSI, R-line, White
    2020 Mk7.5 Golf R Wagon, White

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by veew View Post
    Hi guys,

Thought I'd start a thread on any VCDS tweaks people have had success with. I assume most of the ones that work for the Mk7 Golf would also work but will be great to know which ones actually do work! Any screenshots, pictures, videos associated with the tweaks would be great! I'll let you guys know which ones work when I get my car and get around to borrowing/buying a cable!

These are the ones I'm keen to do on my Tiguan when it arrives:
    1) Deactivation of auto stop/start
    2) Memory retention of seat heater setting
    3) Deactivation of seat belt reminder
    4) Activation of Volkswagen Traffic Message Channel
    5) Driving school mode
    6) Air circulation setting memory

BTW, courtesy of DV52, here is the Mk7 Golf
    VCDS reference thread: http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f197/mkvii-vcds-tweak-reference-thread-98034.html
    Don't really care about 6, but pretty much keen on the rest of these. Stop start is definitely high on the list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2010 MY11 GOLF R - 5DR | DSG | RISING BLUE | DYNAUDIO + ACC + BLUETOOTH + 19s + RNS510 |

2017 MY17 TIGUAN HIGHLINE - 5DR | DSG | PEARL BLACK | SUNROOF + DAP |

Users Country Flag
    Hi boys (and girls?). I don't normally post on the Tiggy thread (I'm mostly on the Golf mk7 forum), but as you will be aware, the new Tiggy and the mk7 share the same MQB build platform. This suggests that VCDS tweaks for the mk7 might be applicable to the new Tiggy (perhaps?)

So, on this assumption, there are at least 3 x different ways of neutralising SS on a mk7 (that I'm aware-of - there could be more)

1. Coding change to the Byte3, Bit 2-3 on the CAN Gateway module @ address hex19 - The factory value for Bits 2-3 are hex04 for SS active (i.e. Bit 2=1, Bit 3=0). To disable SS, change this to hex08 (i.e. Bit 2=0 ,Bit 3=1)
    2. The "Temperature method"
    3. The "Voltage method"

Because not much is known about the new Tiggy's CAN network, I wouldn't suggest tinkering with the CAN Gateway code-string just yet - so option I is probably not viable at this time.

But Options II and III are low risk because they just involve changes to Adaptation channels - which can be simply reversed if needed.

So - here's the question: has any owner of the new Tiggy made an adaptation channel map of the control modules in their car and in particular can anyone post-up the admap for the CAN Gateway?This will show us what channel identifiers are in the module.

Don

PS: If you haven't made a full database of you car, then I seriously suggest that you do so. One of the distinctive features of MQB platform vehicles is their reliance on adaptation channels. Here's a sobering statistic - my mk7 has in excess of 5,500 adaption channels in its CAN network and just under 40% of these are in the BCM. And my car has only 14 x control modules - so it's not a highly optioned vehicle. An accurate database of adaptation channel settings (in the car's virgin state- before any changes are made) can be very valuable when tweaks go "pear-shape". Make a full set of admaps, you won't regret it!!!!
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    Hi boys (and girls?). I don't normally post on the Tiggy thread (I'm mostly on the Golf mk7 forum), but as you will be aware, the new Tiggy and the mk7 share the same MQB build platform. This suggests that VCDS tweaks for the mk7 might be applicable to the new Tiggy (perhaps?)

So, on this assumption, there are at least 3 x different ways of neutralising SS on a mk7 (that I'm aware-of - there could be more)

1. Coding change to the Byte3, Bit 2-3 on the CAN Gateway module @ address hex19 - The factory value for Bits 2-3 are hex04 for SS active (i.e. Bit 2=1, Bit 3=0). To disable SS, change this to hex08 (i.e. Bit 2=0 ,Bit 3=1)
    2. The "Temperature method"
    3. The "Voltage method"

Because not much is known about the new Tiggy's CAN network, I wouldn't suggest tinkering with the CAN Gateway code-string just yet - so option I is probably not viable at this time.

But Options II and III are low risk because they just involve changes to Adaptation channels - which can be simply reversed if needed.

So - here's the question: has any owner of the new Tiggy made an adaptation channel map of the control modules in their car and in particular can anyone post-up the admap for the CAN Gateway?This will show us what channel identifiers are in the module.

Don

PS: If you haven't made a full database of you car, then I seriously suggest that you do so. One of the distinctive features of MQB platform vehicles is their reliance on adaptation channels. Here's a sobering statistic - my mk7 has in excess of 5,500 adaption channels in its CAN network and just under 40% of these are in the BCM. And my car has only 14 x control modules - so it's not a highly optioned vehicle. An accurate database of adaptation channel settings (in the car's virgin state- before any changes are made) can be very valuable when tweaks go "pear-shape". Make a full set of admaps, you won't regret it!!!!

Can I have that again in English??? Shoot that all seems very complicated!
    2017 Tiguan R Line 162TSI, DAP, White. Upgraded speakers.

Page 1 of 118 1231151101 ... LastLast