Page 109 of 118 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1174

Thread: Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks

Users Country Flag

Hi guys can anybody confirm if the HBA (High beam assist) only works on Tiguan with LED / Xenon headlamps?

I have the halogen version and when trying to enable HBA I can't select AFS?

Users Country Flag
    afaik yes Have you joinrd Tiguan forums UK as well as it seems your models have quite different specs to our AUS ones

From Autoinstructs Tiguan Guides

Enable Auto High Beam (Light Assist)
    Enables the Auto High Beam for Highline Models Only.

Volkswagen Tiguan Forum Area - VW Tiguan MK2 Forums
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 17-10-2020 at 10:25 AM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Does anyone know if you can re-map the physical buttons on the Discover Pro to a different function? One of the more recent Discover head units has an App button which is pretty handy to witch directly to Android Auto/Car Play. Would love to remap say the "traffic" button on mine to do the same.

If I'm using Andriod Auto and switch to the car menu for example, I then have to press the Menu button again, then tap on AppConnect to go back to Android Auto. Not a big deal, but a bit clumsy.

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladbach View Post
    Does anyone know if you can re-map the physical buttons on the Discover Pro to a different function? One of the more recent Discover head units has an App button which is pretty handy to witch directly to Android Auto/Car Play. Would love to remap say the "traffic" button on mine to do the same.

If I'm using Andriod Auto and switch to the car menu for example, I then have to press the Menu button again, then tap on AppConnect to go back to Android Auto. Not a big deal, but a bit clumsy.
    probably not the answer you're looking for, but i've found that if you turn on the engine first, then plug in your phone, appconnect opens up automatically, rather than having to access it via the menu (unsure if this is a carplay-specific feature though)

Users Country Flag
    I think I get the same thing. I tend to switch menus while in the car though, and switching back to Android Auto is a bit clunky. It's not a big deal, but thought I'd see if anyone has done something like this before (might not even be possible).

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

Users Country Flag
    Hi,
    Real newbie here just purchased my first VW - a Tiguan 162TSI R Line and I think I'm now a converted for life.
    I've read some through some of these posts and seen some cool features some of you have enabled on your vehicles.
    Does anybody know of any companies in WA that I could pay to enable some of these tweaks?
    I'm not sure I'm technical enough or would get the value in purchasing a setup for ODBII or VCDS.
    Thanks

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DJROSSCO View Post
    Hi,
    Real newbie here just purchased my first VW - a Tiguan 162TSI R Line and I think I'm now a converted for life.
    I've read some through some of these posts and seen some cool features some of you have enabled on your vehicles.
    Does anybody know of any companies in WA that I could pay to enable some of these tweaks?
    I'm not sure I'm technical enough or would get the value in purchasing a setup for ODBII or VCDS.
    Thanks
    If it is a 2020 you possibly wont be able to do most of them due to what has been talked about VW doing to the latest models as per this discussion which also applies to VCDS

Post 2020 models - will OBD11 devices work? | OBDeleven
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 23-10-2020 at 04:57 PM.

Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    If it is a 2020 you possibly wont be able to do most of them due to what has been talked about VW doing to the latest models as per this discussion which also applies to VCDS

Post 2020 models - will OBD11 devices work? | OBDeleven
    My Dad has a 2020 NAR model and had no issues. It appears this new protection scheme is only on the Golf MK8 and a particular Skoda model at the moment from reading. This was my concern also when I went to mod his Tiguan to have some of the features I’ve enabled on my 2019 model. His build date was 07/20 also if that helps. It appears the particular MQB platform version that the Golf8 is built upon has the new protective features due to upgraded parts. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Reihenmotor5 View Post
    My Dad has a 2020 NAR model and had no issues. It appears this new protection scheme is only on the Golf MK8 and a particular Skoda model at the moment from reading. This was my concern also when I went to mod his Tiguan to have some of the features I’ve enabled on my 2019 model. His build date was 07/20 also if that helps. It appears the particular MQB platform version that the Golf8 is built upon has the new protective features due to upgraded parts. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There are definite differences between NAR and ROW models. Already in Australia owners can no longer disable S/S and other things so it seems that its not only "coming" but is already here

I understand that, but we too can't disable start/stop on 2020 models either and that's due to regulations, not the change to the security on the control modules. The newer security protocol would prevent access to the control module in it’s entirety now unless you have the proper keys. I’ll see if I can locate where it's stated that the upcoming security is currently on the Golf MK8 and a specific Skoda model.

VW can hard code/lockdown certain functions within modules even on current control modules. Outside of start/stop being locked down now on 2020 models, another example is the speed at which high beams come on is no longer available to change, but one can still go into 4B and enhance the functionality of the headlights.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 109 of 118 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111 ... LastLast