Page 108 of 118 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1174

Thread: Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Do share the procedure for doing rather than just saying it can be done

I don't know how to do it. Mine is a question.
    New Tiguan 2.0 TDI Executive 150CV DSG - Tungsten Silver - Sebring 7X18 et 43
    Ergo Active, Driving Profile Selection, Park Assist (Area View, Rear View, Parl Pilot), Teck Pack (Discovery Media, Signature LED e Dynamic Light Assist), Safety Pack, (Emergency Assist, Traffic Jam Assist, Rear Traffic Alert, Side Assist Plus).
    Aftermarket: Sign Assist, Start&Stop off, Day lights, Closing windows with rain, AID oro style, Fuel filling quantity.
    Formally know as fmonaldi

Users Country Flag
    Did anyone ever figure out how to get the performance display in the entertainment unit show more than 162kw after tuning. I assume there must be a limit set somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by LaNOS View Post
    Did anyone ever figure out how to get the performance display in the entertainment unit show more than 162kw after tuning. I assume there must be a limit set somewhere.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I wonder if it's just an 'analogue' reading, in that it's only set to sweep the needle between two arbitrary points based on rpm or sim., rather than a real-time readout of power.

Users Country Flag
    Unfortunately in the Allspace you don't even get the performance dials
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Whadjuk, Kwoppa Keppa / Fremantle Western Australia
    Hi All,
    Searched but could not find if anyone has had luck with activating remote fob boot closing on an Allspace via OBD11?
    On Allspace you can open boot from remote fob, but it doesnt close...

Cheers
    2018 Tiguan Allspace TDI DAP+S&V
    2010 Mazda RX8 GT

Quote Originally Posted by sinkas View Post
    Hi All,
    Searched but could not find if anyone has had luck with activating remote fob boot closing on an Allspace via OBD11?
    On Allspace you can open boot from remote fob, but it doesnt close...

Cheers
    Doesn't seem to be possible. Apparently a safety thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MickyD View Post
    Do you really feel like having that argument with a cop though? There’s a lot to be said for not bringing unnecessary attention to oneself.
    There are heaps of cars out now with some form of dynamic indicator (Ford, Audi, some Golf's, Toyota, Lexus) that I would highly doubt a cop would be interested. I've done a fair bit of googling about DRLs and dynamic lights and there is basically nothing I can find that is explicit about the legality (to the point where I can't find anything to suggest they wouldn't be legal), so unless you have a cop who is some sort of super expert in a detail of a law that may not exist, I just can't see this being a problem.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ajobbins View Post
    There are heaps of cars out now with some form of dynamic indicator (Ford, Audi, some Golf's, Toyota, Lexus) that I would highly doubt a cop would be interested. I've done a fair bit of googling about DRLs and dynamic lights and there is basically nothing I can find that is explicit about the legality (to the point where I can't find anything to suggest they wouldn't be legal), so unless you have a cop who is some sort of super expert in a detail of a law that may not exist, I just can't see this being a problem.
    ajobbins: I have to agree with your overall conclusion about the low risk of a "super expert" cop having both the knowledge and the desire to pull-over a car with these lighting effects - albeit I don't under-estimate the sometimes bizarre whims that seem to motivate the boys-in-blue!!

But really, I don't think that being pulled-over by the police is the largest risk faced by these drivers; perhaps the more profound event is facing criminal/civil proceedings in a court where the prosecutor (for the other party) is arguing that the special lighting effect wasn't road legal and/or that it contributed substantially to a car accident. At the extreme, the the most impacting situation could involve an accident in which the other party was seriously injured (or, even worse - a legal case brought against the driver by the estate of the other party).

Of course I'm painting a very dire situation, but proper risk management is about considering these scenarios. The difference between a cop and this example is that lawyers will be (likely) far better informed than the policemen and they tend to be more "imaginative" in their legal argument (maybe). The other part of proper risk assessment is the probability of occurrence - this is very much a personal consideration for which there is no correct answer (until, of course the event actually happens, or it never happens!!)

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    proper risk management is about considering these scenarios.
    Risk is a function of impact and likelihood. In your scenario, while the impact may be high, the likelihood of that scenario is minuscule.

Users Country Flag

Hi
    anyone got “Drivers Reaction Adjustment” to work? Would love to reduce the sensitivity of steering wheel being held - before detection telling me to hold the steering wheel when i am already doing so.

Cheers

Page 108 of 118 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110 ... LastLast