Page 93 of 118 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Enable Auto High Beam (Light Assist)

According to the full spec sheet of mine it says this

Dynamic Headlight range control with cornering lights (AFS)

They change what they call things so who knows what we have
    I've enabled that already.

Yep my spec sheet says the same thing. I think that means the lights pivot slightly as you turn the steering wheel. There's also that small cornering lamp in the headlight assemblies which activates when you turn the steering wheel beyond a certain point or activate one of the indicators.

From my understanding DLA has the high beam on all the time and uses the shutters to divert the light around passing cars/cars in front.

No idea why they have to make it so confusing.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by phonebooth View Post
    I've enabled that already.

Yep my spec sheet says the same thing. I think that means the lights pivot slightly as you turn the steering wheel. There's also that small cornering lamp in the headlight assemblies which activates when you turn the steering wheel beyond a certain point or activate one of the indicators.

From my understanding DLA has the high beam on all the time and uses the shutters to divert the light around passing cars/cars in front.

No idea why they have to make it so confusing.
    Read pages 102 -104 of your manual and see if you can see the high beam icon with the A in it when you push the stalk away from you
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Read pages 102 -104 of your manual and see if you can see the high beam icon with the A in it when you push the stalk away from you
    Yes I have that because I activated HBA. I believe they share the same icon.

Users Country Flag
    I've been actively posting in the Passat B8 forum regarding Dynamic Light Assist getting some advice from fellow forum members.

So for the benefit of all us Tiguan owners, I've managed to get Dynamic Light Assist (DLA) activated in my '19 Tiguan SWB Highline w/ Sound & Vision + R-Line.

Dynamic Light Assist for more information.

Cheers
    MY19.5 Tiguan Highline with R-Line & Sound/Vision

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by phonebooth View Post
    I've been actively posting in the Passat B8 forum regarding Dynamic Light Assist getting some advice from fellow forum members.

So for the benefit of all us Tiguan owners, I've managed to get Dynamic Light Assist (DLA) activated in my '19 Tiguan SWB Highline w/ Sound & Vision + R-Line.

Dynamic Light Assist for more information.

Cheers
    Good to see you persisted instead of throwing in the towelMk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    For those who are interested, here's a video of the light startup sequence and a brief demo of what DLA looks like.

Seems to activate around 60-65km/h on dim roads.

Fantastic phonebooth - that is awesome news. To me the SWB not having DLA was one of the biggest letdowns when purchasing my car - considering my 2017 GOLF GTI has has it. Being a complete OBD novice, I will now have to buy an OBDeleven (waiting for the IOS version) and will give it a try. In your opinion, did you first have to code the HBA before you could go onto coding the DLA, or could you go straight to coding the DLA?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by davman View Post
    Fantastic phonebooth - that is awesome news. To me the SWB not having DLA was one of the biggest letdowns when purchasing my car - considering my 2017 GOLF GTI has has it. Being a complete OBD novice, I will now have to buy an OBDeleven (waiting for the IOS version) and will give it a try. In your opinion, did you first have to code the HBA before you could go onto coding the DLA, or could you go straight to coding the DLA?
    Hi Davman,

I already had HBA activated when completing the steps. I'm not sure if this makes a difference or not.

Most of the steps required to activate DLA overwrite what you've done for HBA. Especially the central electrics control unit adaptions.

Users Country Flag
    Anyone using an OBDeleven V1 in a Tiguan - do you need the extender, or is the port in the car accessible enough to not require the extender?
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by iDiesel View Post
    Anyone using an OBDeleven V1 in a Tiguan - do you need the extender, or is the port in the car accessible enough to not require the extender?
    It’s easily accessible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 93 of 118 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast