Page 45 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks

Bmos87 I'm in toowoomba and can change what your asking as most of that I have done on my own car

Quote Originally Posted by vwcaddy123 View Post
    Which method did you use to disable start/stop?
    Can't remember the specifics, but it was from this thread! Used VCDS. I'll have a look over the weekend and update.

Edit: Just looked. Used the voltage method. Changed the value to 12 from 7.6

19 - Gateway
    Adaption
    Start Stop Limit Voltage
    Changed value to 12
    Last edited by Dan_3MPS; 16-03-2018 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wpisdu View Post
    I’m wondering if anyone know how to turn off or modify warnings about AdBlue level in diesel engines? They appear as soon as you hit 2500km left on AdBlue tank and they are annoying as hell to see them every time I start the car.

Just wondering if the instructions by DV52 (Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks) achieved what you needed. If so I'll add it to the original post for others to refer to.
    Current:
    2017 Mk2 Tiguan 162TSI, R-line, White
    2020 Mk7.5 Golf R Wagon, White

Users Country Flag
    I've used my OBDeleven to enable the Refuel Quantity display as a Driving Data option in the AID and it seemed to have been working fine. Until today when I noticed that it's not available when my wife's driver profile is selected, only when my profile is selected. Does this tweak need to be applied for each driver profile separately?
    Tiguan Highline 162TSI | Indium Grey | DAP | MY18

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_3MPS View Post
    Have tried a few of the tweaks here, thanks to all for researching and sharing. Used VCDS to change everything. My thoughts/results:

Traffic Reports/TMC
    - Couldn't get it to work. Might have done something wrong in my setup, had a few goes but no results. Used 1024 and another setting I found on OzAudi, both no go so far. Mine is a late 17 build with the newer head unit, so maybe something is different.

Traffic Sign Recognition
    - Works well, quite handy. Going to keep it on. A little fiddly to setup though. Don't know why it's not enabled on the Oz delivered cars.

Disable start/stop
    - Works! Great

Haldex AWD setting
    - Changed to the increased traction setting. Massive difference! Feels like a different car. Now drives something like I want it to, can notice the extra drive from the rear. It reminds me of the Q5 I drove in terms of feel on the road. Will leave it for a while and see what happens, if no noticeable downsides I'm tempted to leave this setting on permanently.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Bit of an update.

- Still can't get TMC to work. Have decided not to bother.
    - Traffic sign recognition is still on but my question on why it isn't on for Australian market cars has been answered! It picks up speed signs on exit while on the freeway, misses others etc. Our sign standards probaly aren't good enough for it.
    - Disable Start/Stop, still using this mod. Works well.
    - Haldex AWD setting, changed it back to normal. Was using too much fuel and was noticeably noisier than the standard setting.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_3MPS View Post
    - Still can't get TMC to work. Have decided not to bother.
    Weird. I've got an MY18 Arteon and did the exact same mode (as per the instructions in the first post of this thread) and it worked.

Did you power cycle/hard reboot your MIB after doing the setting? - where you hold down the power button for like 10 seconds?
    My car: MY18 Arteon
    My car #2: MY22 Volvo XC40 Pure Electric
    Her car: MY22 Skoda Octavia Limited Edition Wagon

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamensioN View Post
    Weird. I've got an MY18 Arteon and did the exact same mode (as per the instructions in the first post of this thread) and it worked.

Did you power cycle/hard reboot your MIB after doing the setting? - where you hold down the power button for like 10 seconds?
    It doesn't work with units that have certain firmware versions.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    It doesn't work with units that have certain firmware versions.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    I could never get mine to reliably work, sometimes it shows some traffic updates but not all of them when compared to mate Octavia vRS I enabled and other times I just get the line through the logo at the top and get nothing.

My car is supposed to be going back to the dealer sometime next week to get a software update for the Tyre Pressure monitoring system and I hav asked them to update the Infotainment system as I get some strange quirks with the Park Assist system showing on the screen. Will let you know if they update the firmware and if this fixes the Traffic system or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Ride: 2019 CUPRA Ateca in Energy Blue with Bucket Seats

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ_GolfR View Post
    I could never get mine to reliably work, sometimes it shows some traffic updates but not all of them when compared to mate Octavia vRS I enabled and other times I just get the line through the logo at the top and get nothing.

My car is supposed to be going back to the dealer sometime next week to get a software update for the Tyre Pressure monitoring system and I hav asked them to update the Infotainment system as I get some strange quirks with the Park Assist system showing on the screen. Will let you know if they update the firmware and if this fixes the Traffic system or not.

Most likely not. Sounds unrelated.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zzc2010 View Post
    Most likely not. Sounds unrelated.

I am hoping they will update the firmware/software in the Infotainment system, or at least I have asked if there are any updates they can load. If there is and they do then hopefully the newer firmware/software will also fix the Traffic system if it is related to certain firmware version as mentioned.

Current Ride: 2019 CUPRA Ateca in Energy Blue with Bucket Seats

Page 45 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast