Page 2 of 118 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks

Users Country Flag

Hi DV52

One question. How do you obtain a full map of the CANBUS?

Is it a simple case of plugging in an ODB interface and then connecting that to your laptop? If so what software are you using to read the ODB codes?

Unfortunately my Tiguan is not expected until mid May 2017 'crying'

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Ordered: 2017 build date Tiguan 162 TSI Highline with DAP in Tungsten Silver and rear luggage tray. ETA: late April / Early May. I did not have to wait. I took delivery on 11 March 2017.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Regdop View Post
    Can I have that again in English??? Shoot that all seems very complicated!
    Quote Originally Posted by Delewin View Post
    Hi DV52

One question. How do you obtain a full map of the CANBUS?

Is it a simple case of plugging in an ODB interface and then connecting that to your laptop? If so what software are you using to read the ODB codes?

Unfortunately my Tiguan is not expected until mid May 2017 'crying'

Regdop/Delewin: LOL - yes I agree lots of non English terms used - but I assumed that since this was a thread about VCDS, there was an understanding of VCDS terms among its readers/posters- my apology for the oversight!

So, first thing to say is that anyone who has purchased a fake VCDS cable should be ashamed of themselves for condoning and for contributing to IP theft! If you do own one of these fake cables, I'd like you to use it your new Tiggy, for no other reason than you deserve all that you get when you need to take the car back to VW to have it fixed!!

With that gripe said, I have written a badly worded paper on how to create a database of the CAN network which you can download below. The document was written specifically for a Golf mk7, but it should equally apply to the new Tiggy.

Don

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3n45u3lwbu...abase.pdf?dl=0
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Hi Don
    Thank you very much for both documents. I have had a very quick look at each and your guide is well written and easy to follow.

When I get my Tiguan I will be purchasing the Ross-Tech VCDS enthusiast wifi system including their software.

That way I have only one place to go if I have a problem. Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks

Ordered: 2017 build date Tiguan 162 TSI Highline with DAP in Tungsten Silver and rear luggage tray. ETA: late April / Early May. I did not have to wait. I took delivery on 11 March 2017.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    Regdop/Delewin: LOL - yes I agree lots of non English terms used - but I assumed that since this was a thread about VCDS, there was an understanding of VCDS terms among its readers/posters- my apology for the oversight!

So, first thing to say is that anyone who has purchased a fake VCDS cable should be ashamed of themselves for condoning and for contributing to IP theft! If you do own one of these fake cables, I'd like you to use it your new Tiggy, for no other reason than you deserve all that you get when you need to take the car back to VW to have it fixed!!

With that gripe said, I have written a badly worded paper on how to create a database of the CAN network which you can download below. The document was written specifically for a Golf mk7, but it should equally apply to the new Tiggy.

Don

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3n45u3lwbu...abase.pdf?dl=0
    Thanks Don, all that Tech talk is beyond my comprehension, but I have a real admiration for you guys that do it...props to you. That said when the time is right I hope I can find someone here in Brisbane to do it for me with the appropriate compensation
    Cheers
    Gary
    2017 Tiguan R Line 162TSI, DAP, White. Upgraded speakers.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Delewin View Post
    Hi Don
    Thank you very much for both documents. I have had a very quick look at each and your guide is well written and easy to follow.

When I get my Tiguan I will be purchasing the Ross-Tech VCDS enthusiast wifi system including their software.

That way I have only one place to go if I have a problem. Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks

Both documents?
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Sorry Don. Yes I also looked at the excel workbook containing all the tabs. I think I will need a English German dictionary for some of the terms that are not intuitive.

This will be the first time I will be looking at this level of technology. My current car is 14 years old. Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks

I have a good IT and automotive background. I should be able to work it through.

I'm actually quite excited at the prospect of seeing just how much I can personalize my car's electronics.

Thank you again for this info.

David

Shanelord has confirmed VCDS tweak for Traffic Programming works: My Tiguan has arrived and this is my experience so far

TP VCDS link (also added to OP): Mk7 Golf TSI & TDI - Observations and Questions
    Current:
    2017 Mk2 Tiguan 162TSI, R-line, White
    2020 Mk7.5 Golf R Wagon, White

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by veew View Post
    Shanelord has confirmed VCDS tweak for Traffic Programming works: My Tiguan has arrived and this is my experience so far

TP VCDS link (also added to OP): Mk7 Golf TSI & TDI - Observations and Questions
    Yep indeed. Mine was set to default of 65535 which is "off".

Changing to 1024 sets it to "SUNA On"

Traffic rolling in perfectly now (took about 15mins).

Thanks,
    Shane.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Forgive my ignorance but why would such a thing be turned off in the first place? Is it a licensing issue for VW?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NjB View Post
    Forgive my ignorance but why would such a thing be turned off in the first place? Is it a licensing issue for VW?

I'm not 100% sure. Could be licensing, or it could just be poor delivery documentation and not coded correctly or something completely different.

It works when coded to 1024 though

Shane.

Page 2 of 118 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast