Page 114 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1174

Thread: Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks

Users Country Flag

Thanks guys for pointing out the settings in the sat nav. I was everywhere in the vehicle settings to find this setting and couldnt find it. Now it works perfect with the audio disabled. It's nice to have the sign displayed on the instrument cluster. In regards to the stop start, I have seen those cables from aliexpress but I'm the same as you and don't want to try prying off the consoles and leave screw driver marks and ruin the panel. Today I tried to increase the voltage to 12.5 or even 13v and it wouldn't accept those figures. I have read you can disconnect the 2 wire connector at the battery but I don't want to go down that path as who knows what other system needs the battery voltage to function correctly.

Does anyone know of a VW manual or document which has every system and all its sub systems and options that are in the adaptations or long coding pages. I'd hate to think to try nut a lot more codes out you need to have the battery connected to a battery charger. It would be nice if there was a document and you could go thru it page by page and see if there are things you might want to play with.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Pezzaano View Post
    Thanks guys for pointing out the settings in the sat nav. I was everywhere in the vehicle settings to find this setting and couldnt find it. Now it works perfect with the audio disabled. It's nice to have the sign displayed on the instrument cluster. In regards to the stop start, I have seen those cables from aliexpress but I'm the same as you and don't want to try prying off the consoles and leave screw driver marks and ruin the panel. Today I tried to increase the voltage to 12.5 or even 13v and it wouldn't accept those figures. I have read you can disconnect the 2 wire connector at the battery but I don't want to go down that path as who knows what other system needs the battery voltage to function correctly.

Does anyone know of a VW manual or document which has every system and all its sub systems and options that are in the adaptations or long coding pages. I'd hate to think to try nut a lot more codes out you need to have the battery connected to a battery charger. It would be nice if there was a document and you could go thru it page by page and see if there are things you might want to play with.
    DONT disconnect anything from the battery as you will stuff up the charging rate and cause more problems.

Do you really think VW would go to the trouble of stopping you from doing things yet publish that sort of stuff to allow you access.

You are dreaming. They are trying to discourage this sort of thing, not tell you how to do it..

Bit of advice if you play too much and stuff it up completely its about $500 to get the car reset to factory.

How do I know? Had to get my wifes Polo reset when its BCM carked it. Only a rough as guts player leaves screwdriver marks on trim. I use the proper tools on mine
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    DONT disconnect anything from the battery as you will stuff up the charging rate and cause more problems.

Do you really think VW would go to the trouble of stopping you from doing things yet publish that sort of stuff to allow you access.

You are dreaming. They are trying to discourage this sort of thing, not tell you how to do it..

Bit of advice if you play too much and stuff it up completely its about $500 to get the car reset to factory.

How do I know? Had to get my wifes Polo reset when its BCM carked it. Only a rough as guts player leaves screwdriver marks on trim. I use the proper tools on mine
    Because they try to discourage you from doing these kind of things, doesn't mean there aren't VW documents floating about on the internet which have all this information there. Just a matter of finding them.

I take a screenshot of everything before I modify it with OBD11. This way if needed it can be restored easily. If I don't have a schematic or wiring diagram I am not going to disturb anything electrically in this vehicle. I know how complex and sensitive these vehicles are.

As for you unable to get the switches out, the manuals you shared in another post, in general body repairs (interior) page 47, it has the remove/install of the centre console insert. If you have the wedges then you have all you need to install the jumper cable to the switch. Should be easy as pie. I'll be ordering one and it looks pretty simple to install.
    Last edited by Pezzaano; 16-11-2021 at 01:00 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Pezzaano View Post
    Because they try to discourage you from doing these kind of things, doesn't mean there aren't VW documents floating about on the internet which have all this information there. Just a matter of finding them.

I take a screenshot of everything before I modify it with OBD11. This way if needed it can be restored easily. If I don't have a schematic or wiring diagram I am not going to disturb anything electrically in this vehicle. I know how complex and sensitive these vehicles are.

As for you unable to get the switches out, the manuals you shared in another post, in general body repairs (interior) page 47, it has the remove/install of the centre console insert. If you have the wedges then you have all you need to install the jumper cable to the switch. Should be easy as pie. I'll be ordering one and it looks pretty simple to install.
    The switches i cant get out are not in a Tiguan, but another Vag car we own and as its brand new and the pieces I need to remove are fragile and clips are tight I dont want to break it. Also in its similar manual it doesnt show how to remove it.
    If it was my Tiguan I wouldnt need to do that as I have it turned off already as said in my list in the Sticky.
    Keep looking as experts in this stuff havent turned up anything .
    I wont reply further as I no longer see your posts
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 16-11-2021 at 08:30 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Anyone seen if we can code-out the accelerator cutout when the brakes are applied?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by 99GTT View Post
    Anyone seen if we can code-out the accelerator cutout when the brakes are applied?

Why would you why would you want top do that Seems counter productive to what you want the car to do, or do you like wearing brakes out

Users Country Flag
    Why would you why would you want top do that Seems counter productive to what you want the car to do, or do you like wearing brakes out
    Haha, no thanks… just paid $1100 for front pads to be replaced. I was coming back from dealer and I happened to hold brake down a smidge and noticed that car wouldn’t take off (or even try to take off) when I went to accelerate! I thought it was weird, so I tried again on next set of lights and still the same!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by 99GTT View Post
    Haha, no thanks… just paid $1100 for front pads to be replaced. I was coming back from dealer and I happened to hold brake down a smidge and noticed that car wouldn’t take off (or even try to take off) when I went to accelerate! I thought it was weird, so I tried again on next set of lights and still the same!

Reason being that as you decelerate the little brain says to itself HMMM hes slowing down so will get ready for next lower gear. Then the nut holding the wheel hits the loud pedal and the little brain says OH **** hes going the other way and has to swap to operating the other clutch so it takes a bit longer to engage the gear LMAO

Users Country Flag
    $1100 for front pads!!!. Must have included the discs too I presume. Either way a rip off.
    Current: MkVI Golf GTI. Tiguan 162 Highline Pure white, DAP/Rline/Sun.
    Gone: Tiguan 103TDI.

Woops sorry Have corrected it And here is Phonebooths instructions (Hope he doesnt mind)
    Followed this instructions using VCDS & had to do headlight adjustment & clear fault codes multiple times.
    I had ERROR AFS CORNERING LIGHT.

The error finally cleared. I will test if the light works at night time but for now the "auto" headlight sign is showing in my digital display when I press the light arm & also the "dynamic light assist" option is available in car settings.

Page 114 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116 ... LastLast