Page 104 of 118 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1174

Thread: Mk2 Tiguan VCDS Tweaks

Users Country Flag

Yep, I have.
    It gives a little bit of tyre slip if you take off quickly in a situation where you might normally lose traction - in the wet for example.
    Not enough slip to really to light up the tyres, or anything silly like that. It feels like it delays the traction control at low speeds.
    Tiguan Highline 162TSI | Indium Grey | DAP | MY18

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by spacemannz View Post
    Yep, I have.
    It gives a little bit of tyre slip if you take off quickly in a situation where you might normally lose traction - in the wet for example.
    Not enough slip to really to light up the tyres, or anything silly like that. It feels like it delays the traction control at low speeds.
    Do you think the advantage of delayed traction control outweighs the risk of increased tyre slip? I’m considering it, but this is where I’m stuck currently

Whadjuk, Kwoppa Keppa / Fremantle Western Australia
    Are these tweaks all for Petrol only,
    or also possible on TDI Tiggys?
    2018 Tiguan Allspace TDI DAP+S&V
    2010 Mazda RX8 GT

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by sinkas View Post
    Are these tweaks all for Petrol only,
    or also possible on TDI Tiggys?
    Depends what you want to do, however most are except obviously things that adjust a petrol engine wont be
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by PDMJO View Post
    Do you think the advantage of delayed traction control outweighs the risk of increased tyre slip? I’m considering it, but this is where I’m stuck currently
    I regularly pull out of a steep driveway into traffic. I found the car would bog down in wet weather, this seems to reduce that. I might get one wheel spinning a few quick revolutions as I crest the drive from a standstill and the car keeps steady power to the road and constant velocity. Maybe a placebo effect but I’ve had the setting on about 2 years and haven’t felt any need to change it back.

Quote Originally Posted by spacemannz View Post
    I regularly pull out of a steep driveway into traffic. I found the car would bog down in wet weather, this seems to reduce that. I might get one wheel spinning a few quick revolutions as I crest the drive from a standstill and the car keeps steady power to the road and constant velocity. Maybe a placebo effect but I’ve had the setting on about 2 years and haven’t felt any need to change it back.
    I agree with spacemannz.
    Before when turning onto a main road from a small side street the engine would seem to bog down which was exacerbated by the poor low speed throttle response.
    This VCDS tweak just ensures there is cleaner progress. I have not noticed adverse tyre wear since activating the setting 2yrs ago and neither have I wanted to turn it back to stock.
    Current:
    2017 Mk2 Tiguan 162TSI, R-line, White
    2020 Mk7.5 Golf R Wagon, White

Is anyone else with OBDeleven V1 dongle having issues with their app? I couldn't update it in my tablet so uninstalled it. Now I'm unable to reinstall it. The original download link from a few years back does not work...

I'm using an android tablet with version 5.0.1 so meets the minumum standard of Android 5.0
    Last edited by veew; 03-08-2020 at 04:05 PM.
    Current:
    2017 Mk2 Tiguan 162TSI, R-line, White
    2020 Mk7.5 Golf R Wagon, White

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by veew View Post
    I agree with spacemannz.
    Before when turning onto a main road from a small side street the engine would seem to bog down which was exacerbated by the poor low speed throttle response.
    This VCDS tweak just ensures there is cleaner progress. I have not noticed adverse tyre wear since activating the setting 2yrs ago and neither have I wanted to turn it back to stock.
    good to know, thanks both. thinking i'll pull the trigger and make the change.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by veew View Post
    Is anyone else with OBDeleven V1 dongle having issues with their app? I couldn't update it in my tablet so uninstalled it. Now I'm unable to reinstall it. The original download link from a few years back does not work...

I'm using an android tablet with version 5.0.1 so meets the minumum standard of Android 5.0
    when i installed it, the download link didn't work either. i ended up downloading a trial vpn, going to the US app store, and downloading it from there. at the time it wasn't available on the aus app store (unsure if it's available now)

Users Country Flag

Its on the Google store now I updated mine last week Is version 0.25.2
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Page 104 of 118 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114 ... LastLast