Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768

Thread: Mk2 Tiguan Tuning

Mk2 Tiguan Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by LaNOS View Post
    Yeah i got the APR Stage II tune done before the cut off and rolled back to Stage I and then just this week had the hardware installed. This was all done at Eurotune on the Gold Coast.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    You’ll need the stage 2 file re-installed as the stage 2 includes the mask for the CEL from the O2 sensor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Does anyone have their stock downpipe and mid section they want to get rid of? Need to revert mine back to stock for a while. PM me please Mk2 Tiguan Tuning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Tiguan R-Line - IS38 Turbo - Spectuned - X-Force Downpipe - RS7 Spark Plugs - CTS Inlet Elbow - ECS Inlet Pipe - K&N Panel Filter - Golf R Muffler - APR Exhaust Controller - Superpro Rear Swaybar - Digital Dash Retrofitted - 034 Dogbone Mount - DBA T3 Rotors & Pads - Golf R Springs

Users Country Flag
    I've purchased a Bluefin tune from Superchips, sent the OG file off last night, waiting on the modified file back to upload. My vehicle warranty expired 2 weeks ago (2018 162 sportline)

Must say the service from both Jonathan at Superchips and Superchips UK has been exceptional, i had a bit of an issue installing the desktop software (due to a problem at my end), and both companies replied to my emails within 10-15 minutes.

Looking forward to feeling the G's.
    Last edited by Janus77; 15-04-2021 at 09:49 AM.
    Tiguan 162tsi Sportline

Users Country Flag
    Had the Superchips Bluefin tune on the car since Friday, I reckon it took a couple of days to settle in properly. By this i mean it had the power but delivery was a little rough (this could have been the traction control though too), after a few days driving though it feels very smooth. It can feel a bit odd initially with the traction control struggling to maintain grip.
    The power increase is significant, and the delivery of power increases through the rev range, 5-6k now is a huge amount of power.
    The Tiggy is a rocket now, stoked.
    I like i can put it back to stock myself too.
    Maybe the APR tune coaxes a little more power, but it's such a huge improvement with the Bluefin anyway i'm not sure it would matter to me.

Good times.
    Tiguan 162tsi Sportline

Users Country Flag
    Hey guys I had an APR Stage II done at Eurotune with a non APR DP and have since gotten the emissions CEL on the freeway. Eurotune are nice enough to flash this with a DKR tune, does anyone know much about them? I haven't heard and cannot find out much about their Stage II tune.

TIA

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by LaNOS View Post
    Hey guys I had an APR Stage II done at Eurotune with a non APR DP and have since gotten the emissions CEL on the freeway. Eurotune are nice enough to flash this with a DKR tune, does anyone know much about them? I haven't heard and cannot find out much about their Stage II tune.
    Are you sure its an APR stage 2 tune? APR pulled the stage 2 tunes from their product range about 6 months ago (emissions issues in USA forced them to remove it). Given you have a CEL I would assume you actually have a stage 1 tune on your car.

I have never heard of DKR in Australia. They appear to be a German tuner. No mention of a stage 2 tune for the Tiguan on their website, although they do have a stage 2 for the Golf GTI which is the same engine: Chiptuning Volkswagen Tiguan 5N 2.0 TFSI 4MOTION (5N) 4 Cyl. - 220 PS

Probably the better thing to do would be to leave your tune as it is, and just get a o2 sensor spacer fitted to your down pipe which moves the 02 sensor further away from the flowing gasses to prevent a CEL. The reason you are getting a CEL is because the o2 sensor is detecting more exhaust gas flow that its programmed to see due to your hi flow catalytic converter in your down pipe. Something like this is what you would need: Universal O2 Spacer With Catalytic Converter - Single
    – JT MODS
    Last edited by Lucas_R; 01-06-2021 at 03:49 PM.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Janus77 View Post
    Had the Superchips Bluefin tune on the car since Friday, I reckon it took a couple of days to settle in properly. By this i mean it had the power but delivery was a little rough (this could have been the traction control though too), after a few days driving though it feels very smooth. It can feel a bit odd initially with the traction control struggling to maintain grip.
    The power increase is significant, and the delivery of power increases through the rev range, 5-6k now is a huge amount of power.
    The Tiggy is a rocket now, stoked.
    I like i can put it back to stock myself too.
    Maybe the APR tune coaxes a little more power, but it's such a huge improvement with the Bluefin anyway i'm not sure it would matter to me.

Good times.
    Are you able to re-flash your tune between stock/tuned via the bluefin controller you get?
    Has your fuel consumption changed much?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_B View Post
    Are you able to re-flash your tune between stock/tuned via the bluefin controller you get?
    Has your fuel consumption changed much?
    I can answer on behalf of Janus77 as I used to have a Bluefin tune on my Mk6 Golf R years ago. Yes you can. The hand control device you are provided allows you to switch tunes (stock/stage 1 etc) in the space of about 10 mins.

Some of the other tuners offer a similar device/similar functionality such as Tarmac Engineering & Integrated Engineering. For example I have the Integrated Engineering stage 2 tune on my Mk7 GTI and I purchased the optional dongle which plugs into the cars diagnostic port and then you can upload ECU and TCU tunes via the software on my laptop. Very handy. Also allows you to install updates or different versions of the tune at your will to try. For example, im currently running the stage 2 low torque version of the tune as I found it to be better in terms of wheelspin compared to the high torque version.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1858666768