Page 63 of 68 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk2 Tiguan Tuning

Mk2 Tiguan Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    The answer might lay in how the ratios in the 7 speed are stacked against the final drive ratio, not saying that is the answer but it could be part of it. My 125TDI Superb definitely had way more than 125 killer wasps.
    Yeah I think it’s more to the point that the specified outputs are a long way off actual. VW group often under specs their outputs.

I think this is partly due to marketing and having differentiations between VW and Audi. They do it based on spec and not the actual on road performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    Hi All,

Very interesting thread, I've been stalking this conversation recently! I've never really considered a tune, but this thread has definitely caught my interest. Just had a few questions, hoping some folks here can help!

Car: 2019 Tiguan Wolfsburg (162TSI) - ~6,500km
    Mod so far: Mk7.5 Golf R catback install (resonator still intact)

Questions:
    1) My goal is going with APR to achieve power improvement (doesn't need to be insane) + crackle/pop tune. Do I need to go to stage II to be eligible for the crackle+pop tune? I read on the APR website that I need Stage II+ in order to apply that tune.
    2) For Stage II, can I get away with APR DP + Tune or is it recommended to upgrade the turbo too (i.e. Stage II with stock turbo is too much strain?)
    3) Is a DSG tune also needed with Stage II or just recommended? Does this tune create fast shift response times? I find when I use paddles it is super laggy (I'm basing my experience from BMW DCT, though not like for like).
    4) I have 6,500km on the clock with 14months of ownership. Is now okay for a tune, or should I wait a little longer for the car to run stock?

Any help is appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGoose_X View Post
    Questions:
    1) My goal is going with APR to achieve power improvement (doesn't need to be insane) + crackle/pop tune. Do I need to go to stage II to be eligible for the crackle+pop tune? I read on the APR website that I need Stage II+ in order to apply that tune.
    You'll probably find a few more pops just with the Mk7R catback. You'd have to talk to your tuner in terms of whether they can put an over-run crackle in. Personally I like a little in S and M modes and leave D without and pops. Just so when the wife drives it's not too "lary".

2) For Stage II, can I get away with APR DP + Tune or is it recommended to upgrade the turbo too (i.e. Stage II with stock turbo is too much strain?)
    Stage 2 is just DP and tune. Though for similar $ you're a lot better off getting an IS38 turbo. If you're going to do this don't even waste time with stage 1 and bolt the turbo on and tune. It'll work out cheaper in the long run.

3) Is a DSG tune also needed with Stage II or just recommended? Does this tune create fast shift response times? I find when I use paddles it is super laggy (I'm basing my experience from BMW DCT, though not like for like).
    DSG tune is about getting the car to shift better. Making D less conservative and S mode a little less spastic.

4) I have 6,500km on the clock with 14months of ownership. Is now okay for a tune, or should I wait a little longer for the car to run stock?
    Depends how long you're looking to keep the car but if you feel happy enough that any faults in manufacturing have been sorted and the car is good mechanically then I'd say that's the right time to toss your drivetrain warranty out the window nad tune your car.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks Tigger. The r catback def has improved the sound and small farts on upshifts. Just keen on it being mor pronounced and more importantly gaining the crackles that the golf's get after the tune.

I inquired around and understand that APR doesn't provide a stage 2 tune for our tiguans? And that the crackle tune isn't available for us.

IS38 is a possible option down the track but keen to see what a tune gives me first and if I'll be happy to settle with those results (given I'm bone stock right now).

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

A custom tune can put a crackle in but you’d need to go to Etuners or Underground Performance for the tune.

Just tell them mild crackle otherwise you’ll get AK47 gunfire.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    A custom tune can put a crackle in but you’d need to go to Etuners or Underground Performance for the tune.

Just tell them mild crackle otherwise you’ll get AK47 gunfire.

Alot of people think the AK47 crackles are 'kool', after a few weeks of the koolness wears off and they take it off.. Even Gordie on he's 700kw RS3 took he's off eventually.
    Tiguan Gen2 162TSI Etuners IS38 Stage 3 238.6 kw@4 wheels

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by INASNT View Post
    Alot of people think the AK47 crackles are 'kool', after a few weeks of the koolness wears off and they take it off.. Even Gordie on he's 700kw RS3 took he's off eventually.
    did you mean hp? or possibly kg?

Audi RS3 Stage 4
    - Xona rotor 8264s kit with custom dump and exhaust system
    - Forged rods
    - Mahle forged pistons
    - PPT lpfp
    - upgraded port injectors
    - stock direct injectors
    - stock head
    - stock ecu
    - stock trans
    - stock axles
    - E85 fuel
    - Etuners Motorsport Stage 4 ECU & DSG all done in house, as well as engine work

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Audi RS3 Stage 4
    - Xona rotor 8264s kit with custom dump and exhaust system
    - Forged rods
    - Mahle forged pistons
    - PPT lpfp
    - upgraded port injectors
    - stock direct injectors
    - stock head
    - stock ecu
    - stock trans
    - stock axles
    - E85 fuel
    - Etuners Motorsport Stage 4 ECU & DSG all done in house, as well as engine work

Wow... just wow

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ajobbins View Post
    But the ECU will have a flag that it's been modified, even if the tune is removed, right? (Therefore likley voiding the drive train warranty)
    My understanding is that there isn't a flag to show that it's been modified, but instead there is a value that shows how many ECU flashes there have been. While VW might suspect that you've modified the ECU because of the flash count it is hard for them to prove it.

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

Page 63 of 68 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast