Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: Mk2 Tiguan Tuning

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post

2) Buy a throttle controller that remaps your throttle. Works similar to above.

3) Get an ECU tune with remapped throttle (custom tuners can do this for you)

4) DSG tune will also fix a “lazy” gearbox - will engage gears quicker and shift better in D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    And while you're waiting to get any of those bottom 3 options sorted, you can use OBDeleven/VCDS to change the torque from its default 'linear' to 'direct'. Makes a relatively noticeable difference.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by PDMJO View Post
    And while you're waiting to get any of those bottom 3 options sorted, you can use OBDeleven/VCDS to change the torque from its default 'linear' to 'direct'. Makes a relatively noticeable difference.
    Wasn't aware of that, pretty good option.

2017 Tiguan 162TSI Highline/R-Line
    2017 Audi S3

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladbach View Post
    Wasn't aware of that, pretty good option.
    The coding for that will be in the VCDS tweaks thread - very basic coding changes.

Users Country Flag
    Hi guys - in the market here for a Tig - currently in a stock Mk6 Golf R but want to update to something with a tad more space. I've settled on the Wolfsburg Ed purely for the aesthetic tweaks & options.Will probably go for a Revo Stage 1 tune at VW Village in Sydney and leave it at that - should be quicker than my current Golf R. So much great info on this thread - all positive though - does that mean there are no tales of woe for Mk2 Tig owners going for Stage 1 tunes? Lots of questions about VW warranty, and some good advice - but no first-hand issues?

I haven’t heard of any problems with stage1 tunes on gen2 Tiguans. I have heard with some of the gen1 Tigs not playing nice with some of the tuning tools but nothing for the gen2.

Main thing is to go with a reputable workshop that warrants their work and you should be fine.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Has anyone heard of Laborde Motorsport / LM Tuning? Apparently Perth based.

A workshop I like and respect in Brisbane is offering their Stage 1 ECU and TCU tune for $980 until end of July across all MQB cars, I'm tempted as it includes the TCU tune.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Some bad feedback on Perth Facebook VW Group - I don't have any direct experience but have a look for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_3MPS View Post
    Has anyone heard of Laborde Motorsport / LM Tuning? Apparently Perth based.

A workshop I like and respect in Brisbane is offering their Stage 1 ECU and TCU tune for $980 until end of July across all MQB cars, I'm tempted as it includes the TCU tune.

Seems pretty cheap for both files. But yes as per previous post LM Tuning has left more than one customer unhappy.

Best to do your research but if I was in Brisbane the places I’d talk to are Ben at Tarmac Engineering, Guy at Harding Performance or Prestige and Performance who are one of the APR dealers. Generally hear good things from these guys.

If it’s cheap there’s usually a reason. Unfortunately it’s only when things don’t go right that you find out whether you’re dealing with a reputable business or one that fobs you off and goes onto the next paying customer.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy35851 View Post
    Some bad feedback on Perth Facebook VW Group - I don't have any direct experience but have a look for yourself.
    I will do! Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tigger73 View Post
    Seems pretty cheap for both files. But yes as per previous post LM Tuning has left more than one customer unhappy.

Best to do your research but if I was in Brisbane the places I’d talk to are Ben at Tarmac Engineering, Guy at Harding Performance or Prestige and Performance who are one of the APR dealers. Generally hear good things from these guys.

If it’s cheap there’s usually a reason. Unfortunately it’s only when things don’t go right that you find out whether you’re dealing with a reputable business or one that fobs you off and goes onto the next paying customer.

I'd never heard of them, probably for a reason! Was interested because it was both ECU and TCU.

Ben (Spectune) had run a special for the combo in previous years for EOFY but didn't see it this year. I will probably end up going with him, still have an eye out for an IS38 too...

Page 65 of 68 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast