Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi Launches 10 Year Warranty

Users Country Flag

Post Mitsubishi Launches 10 Year Warranty

Last edited by FastMitch; 02-10-2020 at 09:22 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by FastMitch View Post
    Mitsubishi launches 10-year warranty, but there’s a catch | Drive

This is great news !!

It may spur others (Hyundai, Kia, VW ...) to move to 8 Year Warranties
    Now they just need some cars in their lineup worth buying...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    ..catch is you need to drive a Mitsubishi for 10 years.

Bleeding heart Judges give less for murder here.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by bor1203 View Post
    Now they just need some cars in their lineup worth buying...
    So true - their range is so boring and ugly. Just like most of the other Jap manufacturers (Subaru, Nissan, Honda etc).
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    I wonder if there is an argument that warranties over 5 years aren’t really adding a whole lot, given that any defects or issues that aren’t related to wear and tear would likely have arisen by the 5 year mark?

Just a thought...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    So true - their range is so boring and ugly. Just like most of the other Jap manufacturers (Subaru, Nissan, Honda etc).
    Subaru has gone down a Toyota route (just as Toyota are starting to gain some element of style), the Nissan Z Proto looks promising, and Honda.. I can't go there. From the mid 2000s Euro (which still looks decent today) to the abomination that is the Civic today.

Quote Originally Posted by bor1203 View Post
    I wonder if there is an argument that warranties over 5 years aren’t really adding a whole lot, given that any defects or issues that aren’t related to wear and tear would likely have arisen by the 5 year mark?
    I think it is almost asking for a bit of trouble, as people will think they've got nothing but basic maintenance for a decade - they'll be thinking everything else is covered. Flipside is as you suggest, lower costs/issues to cover in those later years but tie the customer to your service department where we know the best profits are being made.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Users Country Flag
    If VW offered 10years I might consider buying new from them, currently only Korean manufacturers are on my list.

Would falling headliner, failed soft touch plastic and buggered door locks be covered by these warranties ? What about faded headlights ?
    These have been the biggest issues for my current Jetta.
    MK4 GTI - Sold
    MK5 Jetta Turbo - Sold
    MK5 Jetta 2.Slow - Until it dies.

They should be. A warranty should be bumper to bumper for whatever the period is.
    No sliding scale rubbish, or this thing and that thing only covered for 1/3/5 years, and this thing is 10yrs.

Something like could (on the ever so rare occasion) be abused by an unscrupulous sales person during a transaction with people who only buy cars for transportation- and don’t care to know the nitty gritty. They trust what they’re told- and they should be able to.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonr23 View Post
    They should be. A warranty should be bumper to bumper for whatever the period is.
    No sliding scale rubbish, or this thing and that thing only covered for 1/3/5 years, and this thing is 10yrs.

Doesn't sound like a very profitable business model if that was the case...

Most of their platforms are 10+ years old so they have it all sorted out by now! Very little in the way of new tech in the Mitsubishi range, so probably a low risk move for them to extend to 10 years coverage, with conditions.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast