Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Matching Aftermarket Tint to Factory Tint

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mrfresh View Post
    Depending on cost, I would be willing to match it if I can improve the look.
    It cost me $110 to get the front windows tinted on my Subaru with Killian, and that was only a few months ago. Might be a bit extra to have him remove the current tint though (i think he said $150 for my wife's Audi to remove current tint and then re-tint). Pretty cheap overall if you aren't happy with the current look.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
    What are you on about, the glass is the tint?
    Of course the windows aren't tinted from the factory, it's an option you can pay for when purchasing.
    And most cars for the last 10 or so years have "privacy glass" which isn't a tint it's a colour.
    Did you even see my first reply?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    The glass is already tinted is what i mean. Mine has green tinted privacy glass and it is too dark to match it on the front door windows

Here is a pic taken through it

So if privacy glass is a colour what do you call tint, its a colour with varying density isnt it

What is Colour density?
    Density. In imaging and color, the perceived darkness of a substance, material, or image caused by the absorption or reflection of light impinging on the material. Differences in density as related to color are also known as gray levels.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Matching Aftermarket Tint to Factory Tint-vip-747-screen-grab-jpg   Matching Aftermarket Tint to Factory Tint-20200603_120848[1]-jpg  

2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    quick interjecting thought here for the brain trust: is there a range for privacy glass light transmittance to come in? Based on everyone's responses, it seems as if maybe some people (myself included) have a lighter tint on the rear privacy, which is why our fronts match up so well, without compromising transmittance values...

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    The glass is already tinted is what i mean. Mine has green tinted privacy glass and it is too dark to match it on the front door windows

Here is a pic taken through it

So if privacy glass is a colour what do you call tint, its a colour with varying density isnt it

What is Colour density?
    Density. In imaging and color, the perceived darkness of a substance, material, or image caused by the absorption or reflection of light impinging on the material. Differences in density as related to color are also known as gray levels.
    You're right, when I talk about tinting windows I'm referring more to point of uv and heat filtering. I should be more clear about that.

Nice solid response though

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12