Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Map update?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mr gee View Post
    Mine took 1 hr to upload (VW map) and I didn't need to run the engine.

ps. your Mazda 1500ss is a lovely car in it's time.
    There was a bit of a story with the Mazda. We are in S.A. Always wanted a Lotus Elan. Drove the Mini Deluxe to Melbourne where there were a few for sale every weekend. There were none to be had. A mechanic mate had said the Mini might get us to Melbourne but not back. We spied a Mazda 1500 (not SS) at a dealer and it was instant love with the look of that Bertone body. Then I noticed it had a column shift and bench seat. That would never do. With a flourish, out came a brochure for the SS. Not only did it have the necessary floor change & bucket seats, it had a dual throat carby! With the black seats and roof lining and a wood-rim, drilled spoke aluminium steering wheel to cap it off, we simply had to have one., in white like the brochure. I still think the interior looks great when I see the odd one. Only problem "they are on the docks in customs". So we went to Lorne & spent a week there but it wasn't released & I had a new job to start back in Adelaide so we caught a train back, leaving the Mini as trade-in.
    The dealer said he'd send it over. A fortnight later I was worried sick but finally the dealer himself brought it over on a trailer behind his Jag. I took it to the Adelaide dealer to fix a knocking misaligned exhaust & the locals were all over it as they had yet to see any in the flesh.
    It was actually fairly gutless and the high stance meant the handling was ordinary. It went the extra yard with quality e.g. engine components were rubber mounted, classy impeccable fit and we loved that appearance. Solid as a rock, quiet and no rattles.
    9 moths later we needed some cash and they had gone up in price so much that I sold it at a small profit.
    Up until a few years back we would still see one now and again, still looking great, if a little tippy toe, but always in great condition. One even still had the plastic sheeting over the door lining. I'd love to see one lowered.
    Last edited by notaGolfR; 06-07-2021 at 12:20 PM.
    cars (chronological) Morris850, Morris Mini DeLuxe, Cooper S, Mazda 1500SS, hard times so some old Holden, old Falcon Ute, better times so second hand Lotus Elan +2 (6 weeks, hopelessly unreliable) Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, second hand Datsun 260Z + 2 auto, Mitsubishi Cordia Turbo, Nissan 200SX turbo auto for 20 years(wonderful car burning ZERO oil after 200,000km & no problems when sold.. should have kept it), Toyota GTS 86 auto, now Golf R Mk 7.5 DSG built Aug2018, white.

A mate had the 1500SS, I believe Mazda bought the design from Bertone after Alfa Romeo rejected it. The 2 door rotary version is even more snazzy.
    Tig 162 R-Line; Audi TT

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by mr gee View Post
    A mate had the 1500SS, I believe Mazda bought the design from Bertone after Alfa Romeo rejected it. The 2 door rotary version is even more snazzy.
    Isnt the thread about Map updates in a Tiguan sub forum Not blogs about cars.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Sorry massa
    Tig 162 R-Line; Audi TT

Hi everyone.

Just used macOS to update my maps on 2017 Passat.

A couple of tips (that I needed):
    1. I used "The Unarchiver" (free) The Unarchiver | Top Free Unarchiving Software for macOS to unzip the .7z file.
    2. You don't put the whole folder onto the SD card, instead put the contents of the folder (1 file, 2 folders) straight onto the SD card.
    3. To delete hidden macOS files in Finder, type cmd-shift-. (full stop) , you can't delete the .Trash folder though. Alternatively, you can use the free Clean My Drive 2 (Mac App Store) to remove hidden files.

That all worked fine for me. No need for Windows (errggh)!

Oh, also, the download was really slow to start with, so I used an app called Download Shuttle to get the file.
    Last edited by pass; 20-03-2022 at 01:43 PM. Reason: updated info

Users Country Flag
    The latest maps are finally available on the VW website
    The Skoda version has been available for over a month I think

I just prefer to get from the VW website

Volkswagen Map Updates
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by iDiesel View Post
    The latest maps are finally available on the VW website
    The Skoda version has been available for over a month I think

I just prefer to get from the VW website

Volkswagen Map Updates
    Dont know why they are identical files just with different names Have been using Skoda ones in my Tig for over two years ans they usually are about 6 weeks ahead of VW

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Dont know why they are identical files just with different names Have been using Skoda ones in my Tig for over two years ans they usually are about 6 weeks ahead of VW
    Could probably download and compare md5 checksums.

I've deleted the Skoda files, but can always download them again using the office Internet connection =D

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by nermal View Post
    Could probably download and compare md5 checksums.

I've deleted the Skoda files, but can always download them again using the office Internet connection =D
    No need to, have confirmed multiple times that the two are the same and the units are the same and they all work together

No need to make things complicated they both work

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    No need to, have confirmed multiple times that the two are the same and the units are the same and they all work together

No need to make things complicated they both work
    Sorry, my mistake - just re-read your post. Good to know they're the same files

Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast