Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Map update?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sinkas View Post
    hi its the media with buttons, ill try again
    Has it got and SD card in it all the time for the map

There are Two with buttons Which one is it a Pro or a Media as the media uses the small map and the Pro the big one

What car is it Yr and model

When replying use REPLY WITH QUOTE so we know which post you are answering

Just a reply is to the thread as a whole
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 14-09-2020 at 12:50 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Whadjuk, Kwoppa Keppa / Fremantle Western Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Has it got and SD card in it all the time for the map

There are Two with buttons Which one is it a Pro or a Media as the media uses the small map and the Pro the big one

What car is it Yr and model

When replying use REPLY WITH QUOTE so we know which post you are answering

Just a reply is to the thread as a whole
    Hi its a 2018 Allspace TDI with DAP and S&V
    it has the "Media " type head unit, it has a sd card in the slot but not sure if it always accessed
    2018 Tiguan Allspace TDI DAP+S&V
    2010 Mazda RX8 GT

Users Country Flag
    Hi its a 2018 Allspace TDI with DAP and S&V
    it has the "Media " type head unit, it has a sd card in the slot but not sure if it always accessed
    Well it probably requires the small map put onto the VW card thats in the unit and wont work with any other one

Whadjuk, Kwoppa Keppa / Fremantle Western Australia
    Well it probably requires the small map put onto the VW card thats in the unit and wont work with any other one
    I see
    no wucken furries,
    Ill give it ago
    2018 Tiguan Allspace TDI DAP+S&V
    2010 Mazda RX8 GT

well as you have to put the "town" or suburb in first it will make a difference as to what you put in.

So shouldnt you put Fivedock in first then the street,especially if its a long road going through several suburbs

Eg where I live one part is considered to be Maroochydore but is actually Buderim and if you dont put the correct one in you dont get the right street to even come up

Work down from the top
    Thank you for advise. It worked with 155 Parramatta Road Five Dock and 155 Parramatta Road Auburn
    But Still Does not work with 589 Princes Hwy Rockdale(Rockdale VW)
    Map update?-1-png

Map update?-2-png

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by akajjo View Post
    Thank you for advise. It worked with 155 Parramatta Road Five Dock and 155 Parramatta Road Auburn
    But Still Does not work with 589 Princes Hwy Rockdale(Rockdale VW)
    Map update?-1-png

Map update?-2-png
    Well it works for me doing it as I say Here is the result
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Map update?-20200914_220442[1]-jpg   Map update?-20200914_220541[1]-jpg  

Map update?-20200914_220549[1]-jpg  

Users Country Flag
    I see
    no wucken furries,
    Ill give it ago
    You need Non European countries version 7 which is 4.5 gb

Users Country Flag
    Latest map update available on VW site

Volkswagen Map Updates
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Users Country Flag
    Wow and thanks. On my PC with basic NBN it tells me it'll take 2 hours to download. I notice that it includes heaps of other countries as well as Oz.

fwiw I remember you must install with all the countries i.e. if you try to install only Oz, it will not work.

Below are the notes I made when I performed the update exercise om 1/2/20. My notes are for my own benefit and the wording may appear quaint. Note how much effort was needed just to get the file back then so I hope the one from the link iDiesel has supplied works.

" THIS is the version I did 1/2/2020 successfully. http://vw-mapscdn.tdd.adacorcdn.com/...S5MIBH3_ROW.7z
    The VW, Skoda and Audi maps are identical, however the Audi map is region specific, i.e. only the Australian/New Zealand region, & only contains data for that region so you are not downloading 20 plus gb. …. See post #12 . Know also that Audi Navigation Plus = VW Discover Pro (Generation 2 GP). For Skoda & Audi, to download you must supply VIN numbers. Be careful with the AUDI versions as the Oz/NZ one may not suit the Discover Pro head unit.

. Look for an Australian/NZ one and get it if available. DO NOT DOWNLOAD TO C:/.
    You need to know that at first you seem to get TWO files & the first cannot be opened or scanned by Virus Total or Malwarebytes. Then notice a second ZIP file still downloading & possibly taking THREE HOURS. That’s the one you want. Unzip the file to D:/
    DO NOT ATTEMPT TO "PRUNE" OUT ANY FILES OR THE INSTALL WILL NOT WORK.You MUST keep the LOT including o.s. I tried & failed.)

Always use the “Safely eject” feature.
    Then copy the contents onto a new (fast) 32GB SD card (exFAT format). I used a "Kingston Canvas" SD card in the drive-unit slot over the glovebox and you might find it there.
    Now LOCK the card (push switch down).
    Then delete the unzipped files from WD external drive D:\ as they are huge & cause all sorts of problems.

Click it into the car glovebox device. Turn on the ignition but turn off lights/fans etc. headlights off (rotary switch at O) Safe eject any other SD cards.
    Touch Menu/Navigation/Settings/Software version & Update,or hit the SD/USB button and it shouldn't take long to pick it up. If it keeps searching, cancel and redo.
    In Feb 2020 a search began and a message appeared "Available data: NavDB Version 2020"/[NEXT]. The update began with a progress indicator running at 20% per 10'. At 100 % I waited patiently a couple of minutes & "Software update Complete OK" appeared.
    Installation may require more than one attempt. The upload takes a bit, so make sure your battery is full or you have a charger attached or it'll drain quick. You DONT have to load it all in one go as if you turn the car off while its loading it will take up where it stopped later. "
    cars (chronological) Morris850, Morris Mini DeLuxe, Cooper S, Mazda 1500SS, hard times so some old Holden, old Falcon Ute, better times so second hand Lotus Elan +2 (6 weeks, hopelessly unreliable) Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, second hand Datsun 260Z + 2 auto, Mitsubishi Cordia Turbo, Nissan 200SX turbo auto for 20 years(wonderful car burning ZERO oil after 200,000km & no problems when sold.. should have kept it), Toyota GTS 86 auto, now Golf R Mk 7.5 DSG built Aug2018, white.

Users Country Flag

God its not that hard

Go to the linked page select the map with AUS in it Download it to a HDD put SD card of 32GB or bigger into computer. Unzip the downloaded file to the SD Card. after completion put it in an SD slot in the car. If unit doesnt find it and start uploading to it change unit screen to page where "update"is Press that and wait till it finishes

Job done

Yes it takes about 2hrs to d/load as is a slow server at times due to demand. Took 40 mins to load into car so I just sat it with engine running.

You can start it and turn it off and it will resume next time you start the car

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast