Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Map update?

Users Country Flag

As awesome as this is, I prefer Google Maps. "OK Google" works so much better than the VW Discover Media's voice recognition.

I actually swapped phones from a long time iPhone user to a Samsung S8 just so that Google Maps works.

What do you guys use? Google Maps, iMaps or VW Discover Media?

Users Country Flag
    If you have an Android you can also download waze which is quite good.

Users Country Flag
    My Tiguan has a Discover Pro and not the Discover Media. Thank you Ajdean for the link. I have bookmarked it and installed the Discovercare software. My current map is the latest according to VW. I will check back later in January 2018 to see if the Discover Pro maps have been updated. I understand VW updates these maps twice a year.

Again, many thanks,

David
    Ordered: 2017 build date Tiguan 162 TSI Highline with DAP in Tungsten Silver and rear luggage tray. ETA: late April / Early May. I did not have to wait. I took delivery on 11 March 2017.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Delewin View Post
    My Tiguan has a Discover Pro and not the Discover Media. Thank you Ajdean for the link. I have bookmarked it and installed the Discovercare software. My current map is the latest according to V
    David
    How do you know if you have Discover Pro or Discover Media?

I have a row of buttons left and right and two dials so I assumed I had Discover Media but on second thoughts, I think it is a Discover Pro.

It is a 2017 Highline...
    Last edited by marcuskmt; 02-01-2018 at 07:23 AM.

Users Country Flag
    VW have maps version 8/8/17 on their website but the DiscoverCare App only updates to May 2017. Why would that be?

From my (European) experience, DiscoverCare application is interesting ... but useless. It didn't show last map update, but direct download from mentioned website and manually transfer to SD Card (I have Discover Media) makes my maps in car 2018 version.

Early in 2017 in time of the first from two updates per year, DiscoverCare asked me to update my SD Card.

I think it's because DiscoverCare app takes data from navigation.com where I didn't found last update (Dec `17).

Users Country Flag
    I have the Discover Pro MY18 (no knobs, touch buttons). All of the literature refers to an SD card in slot two, but I was not supplied with one. Should there have been one in the SD slot when I took delivery?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by spacemannz View Post
    I have the Discover Pro MY18 (no knobs, touch buttons). All of the literature refers to an SD card in slot two, but I was not supplied with one. Should there have been one in the SD slot when I took delivery?
    No, the maps are saved on the internal drive. You can use the DiscoverCare App to create a new SD card when updating. You don't need one from VW.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by mickofoz View Post
    No, the maps are saved on the internal drive. You can use the DiscoverCare App to create a new SD card when updating. You don't need one from VW.
    Thanks!

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mickofoz View Post
    VW have maps version 8/8/17 on their website but the DiscoverCare App only updates to May 2017. Why would that be?
    Could be a delay in getting their act together. We subscribe to Australia Post Postcode file quarterly and it is always more than a month old when they send it out to us.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Ordered: 2017 build date Tiguan 162 TSI Highline with DAP in Tungsten Silver and rear luggage tray. ETA: late April / Early May. I did not have to wait. I took delivery on 11 March 2017.

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast