Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Map update?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Flipper Dog View Post
    Your maps may have the information on them but they won't show anything unless you code your MIB to another region. Our vehicles will only display Australian/New Zealand regional maps.
    Oh and VW don't support PNG maps, best you can do is West Papua, which is part of the Indonesian region.
    That makes more sense than my assumption I guess as similar with Toyota GPS as Japanese units wont show NZ maps in imported cars
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    In the Discover Pro manual 2018, page 41, under Route plan they show a symbol of 4 horizontal parallel line which means ”Shifting the intermediate destination” “Touch the symbol in the list, hold it and shift.”

I have set a long route, across about a third of Australia, and want to diverge at one point along the way from the route the system chose. From the description above, I thought that symbol would be what I should use, but I cannot see it, nor can I drag the route on the map which would be handy.

Can anyone please explain.

(Going from S.A. the route the system chooses goes from Hay to Narrandera by the Sturt Hwy Route 20, then north to West Wyalong. "The dreaded" wants to go from Hay along the Western Hwy Route 24 to West Wyalong.) "She" says I should just get up in the morning from wherever we have spent the night & plot ahead, but I want to avoid that by setting up the complete route from home before we leave. (Then I can turn on Cruise Control, with Lane Assist and various other nannies and drive automously, napping, and arrive more or less as if by plane )
    cars (chronological) Morris850, Morris Mini DeLuxe, Cooper S, Mazda 1500SS, hard times so some old Holden, old Falcon Ute, better times so second hand Lotus Elan +2 (6 weeks, hopelessly unreliable) Chrysler Valiant Charger 770, second hand Datsun 260Z + 2 auto, Mitsubishi Cordia Turbo, Nissan 200SX turbo auto for 20 years(wonderful car burning ZERO oil after 200,000km & no problems when sold.. should have kept it), Toyota GTS 86 auto, now Golf R Mk 7.5 DSG built Aug2018, white.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by notaGolfR View Post
    In the Discover Pro manual 2018, page 41, under Route plan they show a symbol of 4 horizontal parallel line which means ”Shifting the intermediate destination” “Touch the symbol in the list, hold it and shift.”

I have set a long route, across about a third of Australia, and want to diverge at one point along the way from the route the system chose. From the description above, I thought that symbol would be what I should use, but I cannot see it, nor can I drag the route on the map which would be handy.

Can anyone please explain.

(Going from S.A. the route the system chooses goes from Hay to Narrandera by the Sturt Hwy Route 20, then north to West Wyalong. "The dreaded" wants to go from Hay along the Western Hwy Route 24 to West Wyalong.) "She" says I should just get up in the morning from wherever we have spent the night & plot ahead, but I want to avoid that by setting up the complete route from home before we leave. (Then I can turn on Cruise Control, with Lane Assist and various other nannies and drive automously, napping, and arrive more or less as if by plane )
    Good luck with that Lane assist works but if you dont move the steering wheel it will stop doing so. Napping is for passengers

"She" is sensible

Users Country Flag
    Looks like no more map updates via VW international website....here comes the $$$charge$$$$

Thank you for contacting Volkswagen.

Unfortunately the Maps on the global Volkswagen page is unavailable as you have mentioned. We do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Map updates can be completed at your local Volkswagen dealership. You can find your nearest Volkswagen dealership here: Find a Dealer | Volkswagen Australia

If you have any further questions, please feel free to send me an email or contact our Volkswagen Customer Experience team on 1800 607 822.
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Users Country Flag
    Must be a continuing problem with the website like late last year as its still on the Skoda site

Users Country Flag
    Or just VW looking to cash in on updates?
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by iDiesel View Post
    Or just VW looking to cash in on updates?
    Why worry till the June map appears or doesnt as the case may be You have the latest so why all the angst.

Going to a dealer will be hopeless as I asked were the maps up to date when I bought it and was assured they were.

They weren't as were the June version of prev year when there had been a NOV vers since.

Also for the poster wanting to go to New Guinea I tried to put in a route to a NZ address and it said no info for that location
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 11-03-2020 at 11:24 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    There was one in November This one Thanks to Chalnoth

https://redirect.viglink.com/?format...S5MIBH3_ROW.7z
    Thanks for this. My Nov 19 build/feb 20 complied Tiguan had V....FP0076, and now V....FR0085.
    May 20 - Nov 19 MY20 Tiguan 162 TSI
    May 16 - Apr 16 Mazda 3 Sp25 GT - 2020 hail storm write-off
    May 13 - 2013 Mk7 Golf Highline.
    May 10 - 2009 Falcon G6E with beige leather.

Users Country Flag
    Hi all, seen this site today whilst also searching for NZ Maps for my New to New Zealand 2014 Golf MK7.
    My vehicle is from Singapore (its a good one) and has the Pro 1, Part Number: 5G 0035045C
    Ive been quoted $1200nzd to install NZ maps to my unit by a local outfit. Theres no way I'll dropping my pants and bending over on this one, especially when Google maps is good enough!!
    Having just seen the above information, would this download also work on my unit?
    Thanks in advance for any help.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by PilotFlyingNZ View Post
    Hi all, seen this site today whilst also searching for NZ Maps for my New to New Zealand 2014 Golf MK7.
    My vehicle is from Singapore (its a good one) and has the Pro 1, Part Number: 5G 0035045C
    Ive been quoted $1200nzd to install NZ maps to my unit by a local outfit. Theres no way I'll dropping my pants and bending over on this one, especially when Google maps is good enough!!
    Having just seen the above information, would this download also work on my unit?
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    Yikes. I reckon you'd be able to buy an entirely new headunit for that amount.

Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast