Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: List of OBDEleven mods and how to do the 30 of them

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by FastMitch View Post
    Thanks for the info

After activating the Road Sign recognition using the App, this restriction appears on the drivers console. What does this mean as I don't seen an option to clear it ?

After using this morning, Road Sign Recognition looks quite flaky.
    2 Signs appeared even though I went though a number of signs showing only 60 km/h the 40 km/h did not disappear until I turned off the car.

Also I have activated the show fuel in litres after fill up using the App. Do you know what this will show and where on the drivers console ?
    First you have to understand that the maps here do NOT have the info in them that the euro maps have and so speed signs are not shown as they would be over there due to limitations in our maps. There is a big discussion on it on here somewhere. Mine actually changes to an old speed sign in several places in my area so must be some in the maps somewhere but they are not necessarily correct.

The first pic is what normally appears till it picks up a sign The second one is from the map in the MMI ????? I never look at that only whats in the AID.

I would never use the app to do that as coding is more accurate and is an A4 page of explicit instructions by "Phonebooth"

The litres thing is innaccurate and While I have it I never use it. Dont try the battery charge one either because our cars dont have the hardware. Pay the money and get the Pro licence and look back through this thread I put 30 mods in first reply and they ALL WORK.
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 01-02-2021 at 08:43 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Thanks, I will get the pro license and not try the battery charge app option

If I don't like the way the Road Sign Recognition works (as it appears in streets with no speed sign, it defaults to the previous street speed sign or goes blank which is not right), how do I default back to just showing the speeds signs that are normally in the MAP (with NO Road Sign Recognition) ?

Do I need to use the App again to 'disable' Road Sign Recognition ?

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    The litres thing is innaccurate and While I have it I never use it.
    Where is it supposed to appear ?

In the AID or the Discovery Pro Unit as I filled up at the petrol station and I didn't see any pop-up to show the refill in litres ?
    Last edited by FastMitch; 01-02-2021 at 08:37 PM.

Thanks, I will get the pro license and not try the battery charge app option

If I don't like the way the Road Sign Recognition works (as in streets with no sign it defaults to the previous street speed or goes blank which is not right), how do I default back to just showing the speeds signs that are normally in the MAP (with NO Road Sign Recognition) ?

Do I need to use the App again to 'disable' Road Sign Recognition ?

Where is it supposed to appear ?

In the AID or the Discovery Pro Unit as I filled up at the petrol station and I didn't see any pop-up to show the refill in litres ?
    Its in one of the menus in the AID and as the APP says its refuel quantity in DASHBOARD and another 10 credits to disable it

You can disable the APP for traffic sign recognition but it will cost you another 100 credits to do so.

Better turn it on each day and watch the ads and get some credits up Ive got nearly 700 have to wait 24hrs each time or it wont do it

Users Country Flag
    Its in one of the menus in the AID and as the APP says its refuel quantity in DASHBOARD and another 10 credits to disable it

You can disable the APP for traffic sign recognition but it will cost you another 100 credits to do so.

Better turn it on each day and watch the ads and get some credits up Ive got nearly 700 have to wait 24hrs each time or it wont do it
    Ouch, I thought you just needed credits to use that function once and to it reverse it would be included in the original credit

How many hours of Ads do you have to watch in a day and how many credits do you get for that 1 day ?

Why not just use Waze on CarPlay/AA to show speed limits? Accuracy is near spot on having used this for many years and 50,000+ km

Ouch, I thought you just needed credits to use that function once and to it reverse it would be included in the original credit

How many hours of Ads do you have to watch in a day and how many credits do you get for that 1 day ?
    Tough you didnt do your research or read the VCDS thread. Has all been discussed.

You get 1 credit for opening it each day and for the 5 short ads you get 5 more. Most are 30 secs and cant be skipped until the counter runs down

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ds7ghss View Post
    Why not just use Waze on CarPlay/AA to show speed limits? Accuracy is near spot on having used this for many years and 50,000+ km
    Completely agree. Nothing beats Waze/G Maps for accuracy, speed and live information.
    The VW Sat Nav is at least 8 years behind the market having just sold my other 7 year old SUV that had a better working, accurate and additional functions / info Sat Nav

You get 1 credit for opening it each day and for the 5 short ads you get 5 more. Most are 30 secs and cant be skipped until the counter runs down
    Seems like it would take at least 16 days to get enough free credits watching ads to 'reverse' a change

If you get the PRO version and use the long coding, can you avoid using any credits ?
    Last edited by FastMitch; 02-02-2021 at 11:00 AM.

Completely agree. Nothing beats Waze/G Maps for accuracy, speed and live information.
    The VW Sat Nav is at least 8 years behind the market having just sold my other 7 year old SUV that had a better working, accurate and additional functions / info Sat Nav

Seems like it would take at least 16 days to get enough free credits watching ads to 'reverse' a change

If you get the PRO version and use the long coding, can you avoid using any credits ?
    Come on mate read up about it. You did after all post a list of things that could be done and now are asking us for help

Yes if you had bought/buy the pro licence you never need to use credits again.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks mate. I thought the Apps would do most of what I wanted and avoid getting too deep and technical by going into long coding.

PRO version it is

Users Country Flag

Spent the night last night going thru a bunch of them on my 2020. So my car is manufacture date 2020, but OBD11 picks it up as a 2021 model. I did not use any apps. I have registered the app and enabled the 2fa as the new instructions to be able to unlock SFD items. So far these ones don't work for my vehicle.

- engine start stop - as you are aware
    - Needle sweep on startup. Option is there it just doesn't do it.
    - Turn off ignition on chime - all options are there as instructions but the chime is still there
    - Sat nav warning. In coding and in byte 23, all the bit fields are blank so unable to pick which to turn off.
    - Traffic info - In adaptions there is no "change fee bases traffic info" - no big deal there are other means for traffic.

Anyone had any of these same issues on 2020 models and found work arounds? Cheers

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast