Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: List of OBDEleven mods and how to do the 30 of them

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by FastMitch View Post
    Thanks, will check out the apps and see if its better to hit up member with a slab or something.

Works out cheaper buying from obdeleven.com - $194 for the OBDeleven V2 Pro Pack - (Pro Licence, 200 Credits)

At ~$100 I probably should have bought the OBD11 v1 when I bought the Tig

Went through some apps briefly, there were a few.

>> Auto Folding Mirrors (App)

Is this auto / manual App option not available as default on the Discover Pro Main Screen ?
    Dunno my mirrors fold from the factory

When you work out postage etc its no cheaper

If you put your location in your screen sig someone may help.. Australia isnt very specific is it
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Dunno my mirrors fold from the factory
    Same with mine. I assume its the right door switch that does this so not sure what this app does ...

When you work out postage etc its no cheaper
    The $194 was in AUD (€117.99) including postage to AUS as per obdeleven.com

Users Country Flag
    Here is a list of the 30 I have done to my car . I accumulated credits by logging in each day for several weeks and got 6 a day so i could use the apps when needed . Now still have nearly 700.

Due to VW locking access to modules in 2020 models these probably/possibly wont work on them

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XT_...ew?usp=sharing
    Hi Hillbilly,

How does the Dynamic Light Assist mod work without the right spec of hardware?

My understanding was this system partially masks the main beam of the headlight to avoid dazzling oncoming cars, I didn’t think this could simply be activated without the right type of headlights.

Light Assist on the other hand is an automatic on/off for the high beam using the camera detecting oncoming cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bor1203 View Post
    Hi Hillbilly,

How does the Dynamic Light Assist mod work without the right spec of hardware?

My understanding was this system partially masks the main beam of the headlight to avoid dazzling oncoming cars, I didn’t think this could simply be activated without the right type of headlights.

Light Assist on the other hand is an automatic on/off for the high beam using the camera detecting oncoming cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Correct on both counts Without the correct headlights DLA wont work

All work on top spec models like mine so I cant vouch for others Definitely wont work with Halogens

Quote Originally Posted by southtig View Post
    In investigating a my20 purchase I checked the obd11 official word on this and they say that VW has told them they will have access to my20+ cars but they are waiting on VW providing them access/process docs to do so. To me that sounded vague as hell, and after them not providing any real updates for many months I would suggest that people count on these not working any time soon.
    Actually has been quite a few new apps been added in recent weeks but even the simplest ones appear not to work on MY20's

Quote Originally Posted by southtig View Post
    I meant no new updates on the support for MY20 cars.

Here is the link to their forum - Post 2020 models - will OBD11 devices work? | OBDeleven

Most recent developer post:
    Yeah I read that last week and is why I put that the ones I listed may NOT work on 2020models.. It may also be there will be a fee for access

Users Country Flag
    I have an OBDeleven V2 Pro model. Some of the Apps do not work and you have to actually go in to Adaptations to get the result you want. Specifically the Horn sounding on locking the car. I set this to operate with the App but it did not work. Carried out the instructions kindly supplied by Hillbilly at the beginning of this post, went in Adaptations and hey presto it has worked.
    Thank you Hillbilly for your information.

Users Country Flag
    Got the starter pack but did not realise the long code function was not included.

Bit annoyed the 'Apps' function misses removing the nag screens

- 18 Disable “turn dipped headlights on” nag when turn ign on
    - 5 Disable Sat Nav Safety Warning

Quote Originally Posted by FastMitch View Post
    Got the starter pack but did not realise the long code function was not included.

Bit annoyed the 'Apps' function misses removing the nag screens

- 18 Disable “turn dipped headlights on” nag when turn ign on
    - 5 Disable Sat Nav Safety Warning
    Ah well if you had asked we would have told you what you needed. You only get what you pay for and I think it explains it on the website.

Anyway you can pay more and get the pro part but probably would have been cheaper to get it at the start.

Most times its better not to use the Apps anyway as you dont really know what they change. Far better to use coding and it can be reversed as its saved in the history and you can send it to you computer.

OBDeleven V2 Starter Pack – Audi, Skoda & VW Diagnostics – AutoInstruct
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 01-02-2021 at 07:03 AM.

Users Country Flag

Thanks for the info

After activating the Road Sign recognition using the App, this restriction appears on the drivers console. What does this mean as I don't seen an option to clear it ?

After using this morning, Road Sign Recognition looks quite flaky.
    2 Signs appeared even though I went though a number of signs showing only 60 km/h the 40 km/h did not disappear until I turned off the car.

Also I have activated the show fuel in litres after fill up using the App. Do you know what this will show and where on the drivers console ?
    Last edited by FastMitch; 01-02-2021 at 01:13 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast