Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Latest map for DIscover Pro out

Users Country Flag

Do you use the MIB1 or MIB2 file that downloads?

Latest map for DIscover Pro out-skoda-maps-jpg

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by dgp View Post
    Yes, thank you I did. When opening the links, they just hang, nothing happens.

I didnt see any any mention of issues arising, or not arising from using the Skoda maps in VW’s, hence my question. ope126 looks to have installed the Skoda software into his Passat, but I would be interested to know if anyone who frequents this forum, or has knowledge from other sources, if using this software could cause issues.

I have an MY20 Tiguan Allspace, that does not behave exactly like the 2019 model (I can’t disable stop/Start for instance), and don’t want to brick the thing.

I now have another question, did VW supply you with an SD card, or did you just use your own.
    You are doing something wrong or using a MAC then because I have downloaded the one from Chalnoths link this afternoon and again right now and it works

I said it works as did the previous one I got from the Skoda site in June I also said above, that when the two differently named files are unzipped they are IDENTICAL

What MMI I do you have as a Discover Pro which this map is for doesnt use a VW SD card Only discover media or similar do so.

So no if you do everything correctly you wont brick anything It will simply say "invalid map information " . As far as Stop start is concerned there are several ways to disable it .
    What are you using to try to do that
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Do you use the MIB1 or MIB2 file that downloads?

Latest map for DIscover Pro out-skoda-maps-jpg
    You put it in the SD slot and tell it to update and it will churn away for 3 minutes or so and select what it wants and load it. If you havent downloaded it how did you get to that stage

You are overthinking this Download the zip file Unzip it to a blank 32gb SD card Put it in unit tell it to update Wait Stop worrying

If that doesnt work wait till VW put it on their site then use Discover care to do it all for you right onto the SD card
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 08-12-2019 at 07:21 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for the responses Hillbilly, i do tend to overthink things, but that's just me.

I will give it another shot, i might have have messed it up.

Regarding the SS, i have discovered through the Ross Tech forum, that VW have changed something for the MY20 vehicles, so currently it cannot be turned off. The consensus is that it is a result of the Diesel-gate thing.

Thanks for the responses Hillbilly, i do tend to overthink things, but that's just me.

I will give it another shot, i might have have messed it up.

Regarding the SS, i have discovered through the Ross Tech forum, that VW have changed something for the MY20 vehicles, so currently it cannot be turned off. The consensus is that it is a result of the Diesel-gate thing.
    Doubt it dieseslgate was years ago and we can do it on MY 19 and they dont sell the diesels here now do they. My MY19 turned off with OBDEleven ok

What computer are you using to d/load as link definitely works for me twice plus from Skoda so I now have 3 copies that when unzipped are all identical in all ways
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 08-12-2019 at 07:50 PM.

Users Country Flag
    OK. so i ,must be a bit of a spaz. i cant load these files to my SD card.

I am using a Canon branded 32mb card that came with a digital camera, it is FAT formatted.

There is nothing on the SD card, but i get an error message saying i need more space to load the 28mb of data.

Any ideas?

Latest map for DIscover Pro out-sd-card-properties-jpg

Latest map for DIscover Pro out-skoda-nav-files-size-jpg

Latest map for DIscover Pro out-sd-card-space-message-jpg

Are you trying to Unzip it to the card or copy them from a folder on the computer Looks like from the computer

Have you got a bigger card even a micro SD in an adapter works

How did you d/load that so fast as it takes me about 2 1/2 hours on a 50mb connection

I have it on a 32gb Fujitsu card that we used in my wifes camera and it fits Ok

Properties usually says FAT 32 Are you using a Windows machine

Have just copied it onto a 32gb Micro card formatted in Fat32 and it is 30,124,523,520 bytes with 1.16Gb free space

It registers as FULL

Go and buy a cheap 64gb card at Office works and use that It will be formatted as Exfat but still works
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 08-12-2019 at 10:19 PM.

Users Country Flag

I am using a Canon branded 32mb card that came with a digital camera, it is FAT formatted.

There is nothing on the SD card, but i get an error message saying i need more space to load the 28mb of data.

Any ideas?

There is a 4GB single file size limit for FAT formatted disks. Chances are one of the files is 4GB+. Backup your data, reformat the card to exFAT and once done, put it back in the camera and let the camera format it back to FAT. Not necessary to use the camera to format it, just seems most manufactures recommend it.

Thanks for the post Hillbilly. I'll update mine tomorrow
    MY19.5 Tiguan Highline with R-Line & Sound/Vision

Quote Originally Posted by phonebooth View Post
    There is a 4GB single file size limit for FAT formatted disks. Chances are one of the files is 4GB+. Backup your data, reformat the card to exFAT and once done, put it back in the camera and let the camera format it back to FAT. Not necessary to use the camera to format it, just seems most manufactures recommend it.

Thanks for the post Hillbilly. I'll update mine tomorrow
    Firstly DONT format it in the camera as they often do weird things with cards

Put it in a computer and format it in FAT32 with default cluster size

The card I put it on last night is a FAT32 and it copied onto it OK the one I installed the maps in the car on Saturday is a FAT32 and it worked

Plain FAT is an MSDOS way of doing it and I havent seen that for years and years.

It should say FAT32 in the Properties.

Any ideas?

Ehhh you have a 32 MB SD card, you need a 32 GB Card.

You're trying to load 28 GB of data onto 32 MB SD card.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast