Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Kodiaq seats in a Tiguan

Users Country Flag

Kodiaq seats in a Tiguan

This is a shot in the dark and a little bit random. But thought I'd ask here

I am doing some digging to see whether its possible to install the 2019+ Kodiaq sportseats into my mk2 2019 Tiguan Rline.

My logic is:
    > Both are MQB cars
    > Cosmetically, both seats look quite similar (apart from styling), and functionality of memory, heating looks the same

I know the only way to be sure is to somehow find a set and install them, but wondering what folks thought. Do you think it would be plug and play? Would it throw any airbag lights?

Any thoughts are welcomed!

Users Country Flag
    Possibly would require an engineers certificate as well

Whats wrong wit the Tig seats I find them really good
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Possibly would require an engineers certificate as well

Whats wrong wit the Tig seats I find them really good
    Absolutely nothing wrong with the r line seats...likely the stupid mod bug making me think up silly ideas..

re: Engineering certificate - is this in reference to whether it would be compliant with safety regulations etc? Or regarding how to wire up the seats?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyGoose_X View Post
    Absolutely nothing wrong with the r line seats...likely the stupid mod bug making me think up silly ideas..

re: Engineering certificate - is this in reference to whether it would be compliant with safety regulations etc? ?
    This as you are altering part of the airbag system and the mountings of the seats

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by GreyGoose_X View Post

re: Engineering certificate - is this in reference to whether it would be compliant with safety regulations etc? Or regarding how to wire up the seats?
    As Hillbilly said the airbags will need an engineering cert, below is how the airbags fire off in a Kodiaq, which is different to the Tig i believe, will be hardpressed to find an engineer willing to sign off from two different vehicles. You May be able to get away with seats from a new Tiguan R when it comes out, i can only imagine you be better off buying the whole car than swapping the seats though.

Users Country Flag
    In a crash, do all airbags fire regardless of the point of impact?
    2018 Allspace 162TSI R Line

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by iDiesel View Post
    In a crash, do all airbags fire regardless of the point of impact?
    Not necessarily

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Interesting! Do you have the corresponding diagram for the Tiguan?

Looking at the picture, its really the side (bolster) airbag that is in question - as nothing else is touched.

Starting to sound more of a hassle, but I'm still curious about this concept

Makes me think - what about all those folks driving in BMWs etc that have swapped out their seats with aftermarket buckets? I guess they just go in with eyes wide open..

Quote Originally Posted by Shibbs86 View Post
    As Hillbilly said the airbags will need an engineering cert, below is how the airbags fire off in a Kodiaq, which is different to the Tig i believe, will be hardpressed to find an engineer willing to sign off from two different vehicles. You May be able to get away with seats from a new Tiguan R when it comes out, i can only imagine you be better off buying the whole car than swapping the seats though.

Users Country Flag
    I put Audi S3 seats in my MK2 Octy.

Mechanically they fitted right in.

The airbag connectors were different and I couldn't be bothered hardwiring them.

There was no provision to hook up the electric adjustment options. Again, I CBF'd.

Couldn't sell the Octy seats for love, nor money and put them back in. Sold the S3 seats to a guy for his HiLux.

Mechanically, if the holes line up there's no eng cert needed. The airbag differences (if any) would need some thought but probably OK. All these VW cars work the same.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    The airbag connectors were different and I couldn't be bothered hardwiring them.
    You sir like to live on the edge! If the car comes with safety features I’d prefer not to fck with them. Even if I’m the best driver in the world (I’m not btw), there’ll always be some idiot willing to smash into you at a moments notice.

On a track car, sure as you’ve added other safety features, eg. helmet, cage, but on a road car, I’d recommend not screwing around with any of the safety gear. Each to their own I guess. Just my 2c…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    2021 VW Tiguan Allspace Highline 162TSI R-Line (His)
    2018 Ford Escape ST-Line (Hers)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast