Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kerb View - How should it work/How to Setup?

Kerb View - How should it work/How to Setup?

Can’t seem to get Kerb View working correctly. I’ve programmed kerb view for reverse and the normal driving position for the left hand mirror, checked settings but still have intermittent issues.

I am finding that the mirror will tilt to kerb view when entering reverse, but when shifting to drive (past 20kph) the mirror doesn’t return to normal position (stays in kerb view when driving at regular speed). Should the mirror automatically return to default or I assuming that it should?

Perplexed on this one. I’ve played with it/reset it numerous times – Feedback welcome

My step
    - In the entertainment menu’s I have selected Kerb View, it’s turned on (Have tried turning off/back on re-setting etc
    - I have the mirror switch set to L (I understand that if it’s in 0 or R the kerb view feature won’t activate).
    MY19 Tiguan 162TSI Highline Allspace | DAP, R-Line, S&V, Sunroof, White

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfresh View Post
    Can’t seem to get Kerb View working correctly. I’ve programmed kerb view for reverse and the normal driving position for the left hand mirror, checked settings but still have intermittent issues.

I am finding that the mirror will tilt to kerb view when entering reverse, but when shifting to drive (past 20kph) the mirror doesn’t return to normal position (stays in kerb view when driving at regular speed). Should the mirror automatically return to default or I assuming that it should?

Perplexed on this one. I’ve played with it/reset it numerous times – Feedback welcome

My step
    - In the entertainment menu’s I have selected Kerb View, it’s turned on (Have tried turning off/back on re-setting etc
    - I have the mirror switch set to L (I understand that if it’s in 0 or R the kerb view feature won’t activate).
    Have you stored it as said in the manual

Unlock vehicle using YOUR remote
    ignition on
    gears in N
    select reverse
    mirror button in L
    adjust mirror down
    gears in N
    turn ign off
    Should be stored to YOUR KEY

Wont work later if you use the spare
    Last edited by Hillbilly; 04-02-2020 at 12:19 PM.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Have you stored it as said in the manual

Unlock vehicle using YOUR remote
    ignition on
    gears in N
    select reverse
    mirror button in L
    adjust mirror down
    gears in N
    turn ign off
    Should be stored to YOUR KEY

Wont work later if you use the spare
    I have followed these steps, but I'll give it another go. I think the clincher here is that the settings are tied to the key that unlocks the car. Wife and I use the same key and keep the spare as a spare.

We find that using the driver personal settings does a good job if keeping all our preferences saved, except it seems for the kerb side mirror. Would be disappointed if these settings are only saved to the key and not the user profile in the car.

Will let you know.

Users Country Flag
    [QUOTE= I think the clincher here is that the settings are tied to the key that unlocks the car. Wife and I use the same key and keep the spare as a spare.

We find that using the driver personal settings does a good job if keeping all our preferences saved, except it seems for the kerb side mirror. Would be disappointed if these settings are only saved to the key and not the user profile in the car.

Will let you know.[/QUOTE] They are saved to the driver profile in the car but if you wife gets in and changes the seat etc it will probably upset all the settings for that profile. Far better to have one each and set each one up and then when which of you get it the car will set to that fobs saved settings

Something odd in OP, no matter any weirdness/co-dependency.
    it should always go back to normal once speed reaches 15kph.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Simonr23 View Post
    Something odd in OP, no matter any weirdness/co-dependency.
    it should always go back to normal once speed reaches 15kph.
    True but my Passat used to fail to remember to do it occasionally.

Nothings perfect unfortunately

If you change things after you get in it may upset the memory I had a problem with the seat memory for a while till I worked it out

Software should be. Anything released for public (paid) consumption needs to do what it says. If it says that it’ll work ‘about 8 out of 10 times’ so be it.

Yeh it's an odd one, and it seems to trouble those who share the car between multiple drivers.

Found two two other international posts describing the same thing.
    - Dipping reverse mirror - VW Tiguan MK2 Forums
    - Folding Mirror Issue - Problems, Bugs & Fixes - myTiguan Forum

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by mrfresh View Post
    Yeh it's an odd one, and it seems to trouble those who share the car between multiple drivers.

Found two two other international posts describing the same thing.
    - Dipping reverse mirror - VW Tiguan MK2 Forums
    - Folding Mirror Issue - Problems, Bugs & Fixes - myTiguan Forum
    As i said its paired to the key but if someone gets in and changes things to drive it, that may upset it and make things stuff up. Far better to use a key each and set car up the way each likes it and then should have no problems

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    As i said its paired to the key but if someone gets in and changes things to drive it, that may upset it and make things stuff up. Far better to use a key each and set car up the way each likes it and then should have no problems
    I've changed the personalisation from manual to ‘automatically’ after purchasing this car from the 1st owner, and after resetting to factory default. I found without making this change, the profile selector didn’t popup when turning the ignition on. This could be having an impact?

According to the manual, the seat and mirror position are recorded in both the personalisation settings + recorded to the key, so in theory using a dedicated key shouldn't be a requirement.

Anyhow, I’m going to have a further play once I have time – check my wife’s profile also and maybe do another factory reset. I don’t think my wife plays with any seat/mirror settings TBH, so I’m unsure/doubtful that is having an effect..

As a troubleshooting step, I might employ the two keys for a week or so and see if this makes the problem go away. I’ll let you know what I find.Kerb View - How should it work/How to Setup?-ss01-jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast