Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kerb View - How should it work/How to Setup?

How's the testing going? Have a similar problem on a 2019 Allspace highline.

Only one driver and one key, but intermittently doesn't switch back.

Quote Originally Posted by SDST View Post
    How's the testing going? Have a similar problem on a 2019 Allspace highline.

Only one driver and one key, but intermittently doesn't switch back.
    ah.. Still to get to it i'm afraid. I plan to do a full factory reset. I actually want to see if the same intermittent behaviour exists with just a single driver profile and 1 key - I want to eliminate my actual car as the problem 1st.
    MY19 Tiguan 162TSI Highline Allspace | DAP, R-Line, S&V, Sunroof, White

So I’ve done a factory reset, using just the one key and driver profile and problem is still intermittent (works about half the time).

I believe that it’s a software issue and not a h/ware fault. I still observe the same issue after the reset

• That the mirror will 50% of the time dip to kerb view when entering reverse,
    • and 50% of the time will revert back to the normal position once in drive and exceeding 15kms.

• In the other instances, when it doesn’t work I can see the mirror twitch slightly as if it’s attempting to move but get’s stuck.

Here’s something interesting - I’ve found a little workaround. In all cases when the mirror doesn’t return to normal driving position, I can reach down to the seat position and select one of my defaults and the mirror will always (100% of the time) move back to the default position. Could it be that the seat position settings are impacting the auto dip settings (some odd type of dependency). I also note that the seat positions and fuel consumption figures were the only settings that didn’t revert to factory after I had done a reset (twice).

Interesting hey?

For this reason I think I could be Firmware related, hoping there’s a factory update from VW that might address it. I’ll call it out along with a few other warranty claims I have lined up for the 1st service.
    MY19 Tiguan 162TSI Highline Allspace | DAP, R-Line, S&V, Sunroof, White

This morning I noticed it hadn't returned to normal position after reversing into the garage (ie was stuck in the wrong position when I got in the car this morning).
    Will keep an eye on it when doing the same for a bit and give the seat setting a go (thanks!).

Quote Originally Posted by mrfresh View Post
    For this reason I think I could be Firmware related, hoping there’s a factory update from VW that might address it. I’ll call it out along with a few other warranty claims I have lined up for the 1st service.
    Have you had your first service yet mrfresh? Was going to give the local dealer a call, but without being able to reproduce it consistently I don't think I'll get much of an outcome.

If it plays up and you can get to a dealer I would take it in without trying to re-set the mirror and show them. They most probably can't fix it on the spot but at least they have seen it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12