Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IS38 Swap 162tsi

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by GreyGoose_X View Post
    I'm also looking into Etuners in Syd too. Did you go straight from stock to IS38 + flash as well? Keen to know whether they've worked on our Tiguans with this kind of upgrade (i'm sure they've done dozens of GTI upgrades). Did the Etuners file include a crackle tune? I'm assuming everyone who does an IS38 upgrade, also bundles a TCU tune too.

Pretty sure Etuners Sydney are a different company to Etuners Motorsport whos main tuningshop are based in Victoria, both seem to be good tuners though from feedback i've been looking at i see you were responding to Beedub anyway.

i once contacted Etuners Sydney and they couldn't recommend any tuner in WA what so ever, my guess is there must be some history with Etuners Motorsport and Etuners Sydney
    Last edited by WA Tiguan; 27-01-2021 at 03:46 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
    I went straight from stock to Stage 3 with a TTE475 (hybrid IS38, CTS Downpipe, Wagner Intercooler, Racingline induction kit (R600 cold air intake, cotton filter, silicon hose, high flow turbo inlet), Racingline oil cooler kit, Racingline oil catch tank & PCV replacement kit), Autotech High Volume Fuel Pump, Stage 3 ECU and TCU tune.

They've done a handful of Mk2 Tiguans ranging from IS38 + flash to what I've done.
    A crackle tune is available. Message them on FB Messenger and tell them what you're after, they can source most items for you and customise your car how you want it.

I believe there are some on this forum and the fb page that haven't opted for the TCU tune. Personally I recommend a TCU tune, even a Stage 1 flash does wonders for it. Stops it racing up the gears and smooths a lot of the changes out. I also find it kicks back a gear far better than the stock file does when you put your foot down.
    Wow - that's some step up right there! I assume you did your research thoroughly on what power gains you would get from entry (aka Stage 1) right up to your current set up. I guess if you know you're going to get to Stage 3 anyway, might as well save yourself the costs (labour etc) and go straight there! Thanks, will reach out to Etuners on FB.

I'm still torn. One hand, folks say stage 1 is its the best $ to horsepower ratio but on the other hand, I'm toying with the idea of going IS38 + tune + essential only mods which will run ~$2k more than a stage 1, but with much higher gains?
    Its also my wife's car, so I won't get to drive it like a daily. Which makes me lean towards just a St1...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by WA Tiguan View Post
    Pretty sure Etuners Sydney are a different company to Etuners Motorsport whos main tuningshop are based in Victoria, both seem to be good tuners though from feedback i've been looking at i see you were responding to Beedub anyway.

i once contacted Etuners Sydney and they couldn't recommend any tuner in WA what so ever, my guess is there must be some history with Etuners Motorsport and Etuners Sydney
    Thanks for the heads up mate. I read on another forum that Etuners and Etuners Motorsport were one company back when it originated in Greece (?), but since they split up, dealers across the world split as well, choosing either said companies above.

Wow - that's some step up right there! I assume you did your research thoroughly on what power gains you would get from entry (aka Stage 1) right up to your current set up. I guess if you know you're going to get to Stage 3 anyway, might as well save yourself the costs (labour etc) and go straight there! Thanks, will reach out to Etuners on FB.

I'm still torn. One hand, folks say stage 1 is its the best $ to horsepower ratio but on the other hand, I'm toying with the idea of going IS38 + tune + essential only mods which will run ~$2k more than a stage 1, but with much higher gains?
    Its also my wife's car, so I won't get to drive it like a daily. Which makes me lean towards just a St1...
    It all depends where you want to end up - I was in the same position, and have also had previous cars that I have gradually modded over time. Having just done the IS38+mods & Tune straight from stock, I'm really happy with my decision. I've been in a Stg 1 tuned tig and it just wasn't enough for me.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by WA Tiguan View Post
    Yeah they parted ways, the guy running Etuners Motorsport is doing so on his own, the guys in Sydney still use their ECU wiz in Greece.

Users Country Flag

It was a lot of money spent. I went overboard but I typically keep my cars for 10+ years. Racingline is quite an expensive brand too, I just like their stuff.
    I also got completely sucked in by what some others were doing with their Tigs on here too and based my mods on what people were doing with Stage 2+/3 mods.
    Also, being older and therefore supposedly wiser, I figured if I went Stage 1 I would end up wanting more and go Stage 2... and you get the idea, so yes, why not do it in one hit.

I still stand by my comment previously about swapping the IS20 for an IS38 and getting a matching tune for ECU and TCU. The Tig isn't a sports car, and the OEM IS38 is a better match than a hybrid (spool time is quicker on the OEM) and for what the car will generally be used for will be more than enough.
    That being said, if you've got the budget, and don't mind leaving the car to be worked on for a few days (mine was gone for 5!), then go large.

I've recently done the following:

-cts intake
    -cts downpipe
    -cts turbo elbow inlet pipe
    -turbo muffler delete
    -IS38 from later model Audi (10,000ks approximately)
    -mk7 golf r muffler modified to fit
    -apr remote to operate factory valves
    -dog bone insert
    -brembo brake pads
    -stage 3 dsg & ecu tune from Etuners

Made 218.8kw at the wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    Made 218.8kw at the wheels.
    Nice gains.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123