Thread: iOS13 Bluetooth Connectivity

Users Country Flag

iOS13 Bluetooth Connectivity

After updating to iOS13, upon entering the car with Bluetooth enabled, I’m prompted to provide a PIN code (I assume iPhone unlock code), but regardless of if the code is correct or not, the multimedia unit is stuck loading, and I’m unable to use it; however, the phone still connects to the car’s Bluetooth.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Users Country Flag
    Delete the Bluetooth pairing from the handset and re-connect to the car. Solves it.
    Cheers

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by doc_777 View Post
    Delete the Bluetooth pairing from the handset and re-connect to the car. Solves it.
    I honestly can’t believe I didn’t think of this. I was so fixated on the iPhone being the problem I didn’t bother thinking of car-related fixes!

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by PDMJO View Post
    After updating to iOS13, upon entering the car with Bluetooth enabled, I’m prompted to provide a PIN code (I assume iPhone unlock code), but regardless of if the code is correct or not, the multimedia unit is stuck loading, and I’m unable to use it; however, the phone still connects to the car’s Bluetooth.

Is anyone else experiencing this?
    Yes, I saw exactly the same issue with both our 2017 Golf and 2017 Tiguan when I updated iPhone to iOS 13.1.

Un-pairing the phone from the car's Bluetooth, and then reconnecting fixed it.

A.
    MY14 M-B A200CDI