Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting talk to Technician yesterday

Users Country Flag

Interesting talk to Technician yesterday

Was getting my service time reset (which predelivery didnt do) and talking about the level of technology in the Tiguan.

He asked if i used ACC much and said yes I do all the time on the highway.
    He said well dont tailgate as the car records when you do that and they can tell using ODIS how many times you have activated the alarm. Along with a lot of other things occurring whilst running
    Big Brother is here.
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Users Country Flag
    Ha!

Firstly, you can't tailgate with ACC because it adjusts itself, unless he means if you decide to override it and press the accelerator.
    Secondly, the distance the car considers tailgating is ridiculous! All cars that have ACC are.

Does that mean insurance companies are engaging with car manufacturers to investigate claims?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
    Ha!

Firstly, you can't tailgate with ACC because it adjusts itself, unless he means if you decide to override it and press the accelerator.
    Secondly, the distance the car considers tailgating is ridiculous! All cars that have ACC are.

Does that mean insurance companies are engaging with car manufacturers to investigate claims?
    Thats what i mean If you push up closer it brings up an alarm and an indicator in the dash and obviously logs it.

It will have a few in mine with slow idiots in outside lane north of Brisbane

I have no idea what ins coys are doing and hope I dont find out

Users Country Flag
    Ah ok, well I haven't seen an alarm or indicator appear. Is it something like the one you receive when the car detects something in front and brakes?

I've certainly driven up the clacker of a few slow pokes in the right lane in Sydney on various roads, I guess not as much as you Hillbilly. You must be practically in their back seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Beedub View Post
    Ah ok, well I haven't seen an alarm or indicator appear. Is it something like the one you receive when the car detects something in front and brakes?

I've certainly driven up the clacker of a few slow pokes in the right lane in Sydney on various roads, I guess not as much as you Hillbilly. You must be practically in their back seat.
    Its a little pair of cars pointing to each other in bottom right of aid when you have ACC working and when you get to close they appear.

There was an accident in Sydney some years ago involving a VW and a subsequent court case in which the police were demanding the information in the ECU of the VW which at that time ran a 30 minute loop of the data accumulated in that time. I reckon the data collection would now be much more extensive and VW Germany would be harvesting it from every car hooked up to their system. Big brother has been here for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    There was an accident in Sydney some years ago involving a VW and a subsequent court case in which the police were demanding the information in the ECU of the VW which at that time ran a 30 minute loop of the data accumulated in that time. I reckon the data collection would now be much more extensive and VW Germany would be harvesting it from every car hooked up to their system. Big brother has been here for years.
    Yeah it downloaded stuff off mine I noticed Took a fair few minutes as well so with about 15 alterations with an OBDII could be interesting.

I’d ask for that in writing. Could lead to some interesting outcomes...

VW repeatedly say we can’t rely on these ‘assistance’ systems to cause/prevent outcomes, therefore these same systems also can’t be used to prove something happened.

So what happens when a car jumps in the gap that you’ve left to the car in front...

What happens if the system false alerts (like my rear sensors being affected by warm bitumen and false triggering the emergency brake 50% of the time)

Do VW advertise that they record and may access any data that the various systems generate?

As part of the transaction process, all relevant ownerships, limitations and restrictions need to be documented and agreed to.

Perhaps the small print mentions these things- but I doubt it.

If VW are secretly recording video, well that is something that legal types would love to get involved in and burn VW.

Users Country Flag
    Big Brother, no.

Arse-covering, yes.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by Simonr23 View Post
    I’d ask for that in writing. Could lead to some interesting outcomes...

VW repeatedly say we can’t rely on these ‘assistance’ systems to cause/prevent outcomes, therefore these same systems also can’t be used to prove something happened.

So what happens when a car jumps in the gap that you’ve left to the car in front...

What happens if the system false alerts (like my rear sensors being affected by warm bitumen and false triggering the emergency brake 50% of the time)

Do VW advertise that they record and may access any data that the various systems generate?

As part of the transaction process, all relevant ownerships, limitations and restrictions need to be documented and agreed to.

Perhaps the small print mentions these things- but I doubt it.

If VW are secretly recording video, well that is something that legal types would love to get involved in and burn VW.
    If a car cuts in it will brake to get back to set gap and presumably will show that it did. I really dont know Im only saying what the guy told me and that it spent a couple of minutes downloading stuff as I could see what it was doing in the bottom of the screen.

It could also have been updating the car for all I know as the first time he reset it his laptop froze and when I started the car it hadnt fixed it so he did it again and it went right through and ended up by saying it had saved the info Havent had any false alarms with hot bitumen in QLD this past week and it has been almost too hot to walk on as was 36.6 yesterday and 41.1 last Friday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast